Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Shifting Reality

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 07:17:09 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Ilias paused and thought for a moment.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"Well, I'm guessing that, from the little bits you've said about yourself, you haven't had the best past." he said.

"And I won't pry into that." he stated.

"But how did you escape that life? How'd you come to this place?" he asked her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 07:19:13 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"A friend of mine." Sabrina answered.

"Friend, client, honetly at this point their the same thing." She added with a shrug.

"But when I asked him to do something he wasn't agreeing with, he brought me here, instead." That was true, and se saw no reason to lie about that. If anything, it helped to highlight the hell she was in - even if without details - and how good her friend was.

"And now I'm free, so can't say I'm gonna complain."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 07:41:55 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ilias's eyes widened a little when she said that.

"Oh... oh wow." he said.

"I don't know what that something was, and I think I'm better off not knowing." he commented. "But the fact that your friend had the morality and strength of character to bring you here is quite something." he continued.

"I hope things just keep getting better for you." he went on.

"You seem nice enough to deserve that, at the very least."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 07:46:12 )

Sabrina just laughed.

"Well when you're dealt a shit hand, you gotta either try to have a better tomorrow, or just give in and roll over." She told him honestly.

"I always wanted to find that better tomorrow. When that lock was put on my shifting though, I didn't know it Could be removed by anyone other than the one that had placed it." She continued.

"So when Rene gave me the chance, I took it. Wholeheartedly."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 08:04:37 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Rene?" Ilias asked.

"...long shot, but Rene Calder?" he then asked.

"Why... yes. Yes, it was." Sabrina responded. "You know him?" she asked. "And how'd you guess that?" she asked further.

"I do know him." Ilias confirmed. "In passing. Like, I know who he IS, and we've talked a few times, but... that's about it." he said. "And I guessed that because he is literally the only Rene I know, and wanted to see if it lined up." he chuckled.

"A shot in the dark that managed to hit." he said further, continuing to laugh a little.

"Anyway, still, glad he helped you escape your previous life, and come here."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 08:08:57 )

"Well, as far as I'm aware, he does get around" Sabrina commented after a moment or two, and with a light chuckle.

"Anyway, it was lovely to chat, but I did come to hit the treadmill." She then said with a light laugh as she got to her feet.

"f you ever want to chat again, weell, as I said, I'm in the dorms." She told him, before following it up with the dorm number.

"For now, I'mma go run. As that's what I came here to do."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 08:28:57 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ilias just gave her a thumbs-up.

"I was just about getting ready to leave, myself." he told her.

"Did some weights earlier to keep my upper body in shape, and was just cooling down." he said further. "Figure I'll be here for another 10 minutes or so before I head to work." he reasoned.

"Was nice meeting you, Sabrina." he then told her.

"Hope to see you more in the future."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 10:32:12 )

Sabrina nodded.

"I'd actually be surprised if you dont." She told him honestly.

"Something tells me I'll be sticking around for awhile." She added with a lugh.

"anyway,, I'll catch ya later." Was the last thing she said before waving and heading over to one of the treadmills to have a good long run.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 22:13:37 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Later!" Ilias called to her.

Over the following hours, Sabrina spent her time exploring the Unit, but it was mostly familiarising herself with the place. She explored around, committed certain areas to memory, and had a bit of a late lunch. She made her way back to her dorm, where she sat down, and her phone started to ring.

"...timing." she commented to herself, as he picked it up.

"Hello?" she answered it.

"Sabrina, this is Agent Sharp." Hal responded. "I would like you to meet the agent that will be accompanying you on the sting." he told her. "And I would like you to come to my office ASAP, please." he continued.

"Do you need someone to help you get there, or do you think you can navigate here yourself?" he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 22:17:55 )

Sabrina just laughed lightly.

"Nah, I know where I'm going. I was just up there." She added with a shrug, even if he couldn't see it.

"Give me all of like, five? maybe ten to get up there." She added.

"That good?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 22:40:17 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"That works." Sharp responded. "See you when you get here." he finished.

With that, they said goodbye and ended the call. She hung up, stood up, stretched out slightly, and then proceeded to leave her dorm, locking the door as she did so, and then navigated her way up to Sharp's office. Once there, the receptionist, Arryn, notified sharp that she was there, and when she was given the go-ahead, she gestured for Sabrina to enter the office.

Which she did. She opened the door and stepped into said office, closing the door behind her, and saw Sharp's familiar face behind the desk, as well as a new face, belonging to another man, sitting in the area in front of the desk. He looked to be in his 30's, and had a bit of a haggard appearance. Not extreme or anything, but he definitely had the look and aura of a man that seemed like he had had experiences far greater and numerous than any other man in his 30's.

"Sabrina, this is agent Tyson King." Sharp introduced her.

"Agent King, Sabrina." he then said to Tyson.

"Ty." Tyson told her, standing up and extending his hand.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 22:52:47 )

Sabrina was silent for a moment before she accepted the hand.

"Hey there." She said simply, her tone kind.

"So you're the one I'll be working with for this." She said, after a second or two, pausing slightly for a moment. She looked to him, an almost surprised look on her face.

"Excuse my bluntness... You're human, yet you can't die." She said after a few seconds.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 23:13:12 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ty looked just as surprised, and then smirked.

"Well, well." he said. "You are amazingly perceptive." he commented.

"I agree." Hal interjected, raising an eyebrow.

"You are correct, I am human. No mana, nothing." Ty then confirmed. "And... well, your statement of my not being able to die is correct, but at the same time, can technically say is INcorrect." he continued.

"I've met the reaper many a time." he said. "Buuuuut it never sticks." he laughed.

"How did you determine that, anyway?" he asked her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 23:15:53 )

"I'm a shifter." Sabbrina answered.

"When I touch someone, I get a read on what I would be shifting too, if I were to decide to." She told him honestly.

"Which means, I was able to get a read on what you are. Kind of."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 23:38:21 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Ahhh, I see, I see." Ty responded.

"Well, seeing as I now know what YOU are, and you know... somewhat about me, I may as well complete that information." he reasoned with a small laugh, as the two sat down in their chairs.

"I am a Regenerator." he revealed.

"And I have been around for... a VERY long time..." he admitted.

"But that should help put what you got a read on into some semblance of making sense."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 23:45:24 )

Sabrina was silent for a bout thirty seconds before laughing.

"That explains everything." She assured him.

"And I'm not going to ask why you even did that in the first place." She added. Not my place."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/27 00:07:00 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Appreciate it." Ty responded.

"Anyway." Sharp then said, getting their attention. "Agent King will be accompanying you, as he can take as much damage as needed in order to keep you or others from being unnecessarily injured." he told her.

"Which is another way of saying that, if you start losing yourself to your emotions, and I need to try and help calm you down, I can take a heat-of-the-moment attack, even if it's fatal." Ty translated.

"I go on a lot of missions where the chances of fatal injury are high." he continued.

"Some agents are indispensable. Some are disposable. I'm both. Simultaneously." he smirked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/27 00:15:04 )

Sabrina was silent for a moment before nodding.

"Definitely handy, I'm sure." She commented.

"Now, Wht is the game plan?" She asked.

"I am more than willing to go back as if I were to be returned, just to be able to deal a blow from within."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/27 00:31:50 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Sharp leaned forward a little, and narrowed his eyes.

"We have a plan." he told her.

"We'll put a glamour on you to make it look like you still have that branding." he said. "When you are taken back in, do what you need to do to try and weaken then." he continued.

"You'll be outfitted with a hidden wire so that we'll be able to hear everything, and if it gets too hairy, we're going in." he went on.

"Or if you feel it's time, you'll say a special code phrase." he then said further.

"That phrase being 'Damn it, it's hot in here'..." he finished.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/27 00:44:24 )

Sabrina nodded.

"Duly noted." She commented.

"Now, beyond that, what's the game plan?" She asked.

"Am I being returned by someone, am I being found by them 'naturally'? Am I just returning of my own volition?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.