Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Boss Babe

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 22:10:24 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Desiree nodded.

"That makes sense." She said. "However, I'm a mage. going to have a pretty long life, as a result. Sure, that may mean I see something come from this in the future, but at the same time, talking about lifetimes is kinda of pointless with you and I." She addded with a laugh.

"Beyond that, yes. I will let you know whenever I know anything about Friday more specifically, like times." With that, she gave him a quick hug, before heading off and making her way back home.

She called Tobias once home, and set up the date and time with him - 10am on Friday for there, as that would be 9am in Winnipeg - before emailing Hal the information. She also requested that if he could, stop by briefly before then so that it can bes treamlined for that day. She wanted to just make sure he could get into the suit with no mana blocks of any sort.

[b]"As far as she could tell, Tobias was completely human, not even a mage, just aware of that side of life. Which definitely made things a lot easier for her.

She really didn't want to drive or fly out to Winnipeg when tehre was no need to do that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 22:42:47 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Everything was set up, Hal was given access to her suite, and on the day that everything was to happen, he made sure things were fine with Lunet, before making a call to Desiree to make sure she was ready to receive him, and not in the middle of anything.

When she confirmed she wasn't, he made sure he was dressed in one of his better navy blue business suits, and teleported his way there, arriving just inside, where her door was.

He looked around, before seeing her standing at the end of the small corridor, nodded, and made his way over.

"Well, today is the day." he said.

"I'd ask if you're nervous, but that's a given." he admitted.

"You ready, though?" he then inquired.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 22:52:23 )

Desiree waved before holding up a hand.

"Let me grab my headset." She said simply before heading to another room and grabbing said item. As she slid it on her head and made sure that the volume wasn't too bad, she just sighed.

"And yeah, I'm nervous." She added.

"Quite. I don't know if tehre was anything else added for this, something I"m not aware of." She continued as she motioned for if he wanted to go to the den and take a seat.

"Tobias will be here in somewhere around ten." She then said.

"You're a bit earlier than he is."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 01:06:29 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Well, better early than late." Hal responded. "But this is optimal, anyway." he then said. "I can gauge this Tobias, myself." he went on. "I know of him, and I know who he is, but I want to get a read on his possible intentions." he explained. "And no, it's not a mana thing or a djinn thing. It's an experience." he then stated. On one hand, he felt it should go without saying, but he also figured that clarification was always a good thing, even in times where it would be wholly unnecessary.

Sure enough, about 10 minutes later, Tobias arrived, and looked over towards Hal.

"Tobias Conroy." he introduced himself, extending his hand.

"Hal Sharp." Hal responded, accepting the hand, the two of them issuing a firm handshake to the other.

"I assume you are Ms. McCormick's business advisor?" Tobias then inquired.

"I am." Hal confirmed, as the two released their grip on each other's hand.

"Excellent." Tobias responded. "If you are both ready, then we may proceed in travelling to Winnipeg." he then stated. "I am ready and prepared to depart right now." he assured them further.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 01:09:06 )

Desiree nodded.

"Do you happen to have the coordinates?" She asked, her voice curious.

"As, obviously, I will need those. I don't think I've ever been there before." she added.

"Ah, right. Of course." Tobias said with a light chuckle before passing her a card with the information.

"ready?" She asked after looking it over. Once they agreed, she nodded and wind whipped up around them, causing them to vanish from there, and appear elsewhere.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 01:33:48 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The room they appeared in seemed... strange. It was mostly empty, with some carpeted flooring, simple paint on the walls, fluorescent bulbs on the ceiling, and some comfortable chairs strewn about.

"...and this is...?" Hal asked.

"The receiving area for mana transport." Tobias responded. "This way, please." he told her.

The three then headed for the one door in the room, and when they stepped through it, they were in a massive lobby area, with plenty of people milling about. Some were just making their way to where they were going, others were discussing things amongst each other. The décor was... lavish, one might say. It certainly LOOKED like a fortune was spent to furnish it, but Hal and Desiree could tell... it was less 'flashy', and more 'tacky'.

This did not surprise Desiree at all, given what she knew about her mother.

However, both she and Hal could immediately tell one thing. One simple, yet potentially terrifying thing; they were absolutely SURROUNDED by mana hunters.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 01:42:36 )

Desiree was absolutely silent as she looked between everyone, her eye getting more of a sight on everyone than he likely could.

"...... This..." She started, not entirely sure what it wast aht she was supposed to makeof this.

"Right..." She sighed before appraching the front desk.

"Hello." She greeted.

"My name is Desiree McCormick and I have an appointment with a Mr. Rohan Gerrard." She told the person there.

"Oh! Right. He said forme to direct you and your party up to the head office." The person there stated, typing something onto the PC they were by, before handing Deisree a keycard.

"Scan this at in the elevator in order to be granted access. Doesn't go that high without it." They told her as Desiree accepted the card.

"I will let him know you're on your way up." With that, they headed off to presumably do just that, leaving Desiree a bit stunned.

"I... ok then. Come on." She said to the two she was there with before looking around. They found the lifts quickly and easily enough, before climbing in. She scanned the card,a nd they were off.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 02:15:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Once the doors were closed, and they were off, Hal narrowed his eyes a little, before shaking his head. Tobias seemed to notice this, and looked over towards Hal.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

"...I'm just on edge." Hal responded. "I feel like I am literally surrounded by Mana Hunters." he told him.

"Oh, that's because you are." Tobias replied.

"...excuse me?" Hal asked in response.

"This building employs nothing but Mana Hunters." Tobias said. "In fact, it is a point of pride that Mana Hunters are the sole employ here."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 02:19:25 )

"Even I could have told you that." Desiree commented.

"I can see it, quite literally." She added before pausinga moment.

"But you're not." She added, looking to Tobias.

"How'd you come to be involved with the company at all when you aren't one?"She asked. Tobias just shrugged.

"My sister works here." He answered. "She got the hunter gene, and I didn't."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 02:39:29 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Huh, I see." Hal responded. "Hence how you know about the mage side of the world." he commented.

"Basically." Tobias replied. "That and my dealings with Mister Niell and Mister McCormick." he said further.

"You've dealt with Marcus?" Hal asked.

"Infrequently, but yes." Tobias responded. "Good man. Little misguided at times, and... to be frank... seems like he's keeping a metaphorical ball-and-chain attached to his ankle, when it seems he's already been given the key to unlock it." he went on, before pausing.

"My apologies." he then said to Desiree. "I did not mean to speak ill of your father." he told her.

Hal just chuckled.

"Desiree'll agree with what you said." he commented.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 02:43:15 )

Desiree just sighed, heavily.

"He refuses to let the past stay in the past." She commented, some annoyance to her voice.

"I've tried to help him get over that, but nope. He won't consider it." She added with a shake of her head.

"At least he's alive." That was something she was definitely happy about. It meant that she could properly meet him, for one, but also he was able to he;lp the world as a whole. It was something good, in her opinion.

And apparently, he'd been helping to make this place better to. So that was beneficial to her, if this was all true."[/b]

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 03:05:40 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The elevator reached the top floor, and the doors slid open. The three stepped out and made their way to a larger set of doors, with a keypad and card reader on one of them. Desiree used the card she'd been given, and the doors clicked open, allowing the trio to enter through them... and before them was a massive and almost imposing office area. So much so, it was almost overwhelming.

The décor overall was extravagant, the walls and floor was luxurious, there was a long conference table in the middle of the room... with a massive gem in the centre, covered by glass, and many plush chairs surrounding said table. There were framed magazines with notable designs of outfits that the company had made over the years, pictures of award-winning designs, and actual units of clothing that had reached specific sales goals and beyond.

There was also a small set of stairs which led to an actual desk where work could be done, but it was removed from the area as a whole.

Hal could only describe what he saw as 'ego-stroking', but for the most part, he understood it. Except for the gem. THAT just seemed gaudy.

"Miss Niell had a certain... flair... for her decorating." Tobias commented. "And her son did nothing to change it." he added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 03:10:16 )

Desiree was silent before sighing.

"Obviously." She commented as she approached the wall and started to look around.

"What I can recall about Mother, is that she was... ridiculously proud of what she'd managed to accomplish here, since she was from a very much unfortunate family." She continued as she looked around.

"Hey Hal. A later version of the suit you were wearing when we spoke." She said, lightly knocking on the glass around some material.

"... I knew it was one of her designs, but had no idea what it something nearly so well known."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 03:31:10 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal made his way over towards the version she had indicated, and looked it over.

"Hm." he mumbled. "Well, I can see why it was popular." he said. "It certainly makes a statement." he went on. "Not my sort of aesthetic, but I can see the design philosophy behind it, and understand it." he went on.

"Ms. Niell had her faults..." a new voice stated, and when Hal and Desiree turned to see who it had come from, a new person had entered the room. He was wearing a lighter-coloured suit, had longer brown hair, and was carrying a loose leather satchel across his shoulder. "...but she always had instinct for fashion." he said further, approaching them.

"Rohan Gerrard." he introduced himself.

"Hal Sharp." Hal responded, causing Rohan to nod at him, before looking to Desiree.

"Nice to finally meet you, Miss Niell." he said to Desiree. "Or... Miss McCormick?" he then inquired.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 03:44:20 )

"Legally, McCormick. However, please, just call me Desiree." She said with a soft smile.

"I'm still young." She added with a chuckle.

"Pleasure to meet you." She then said before looking him head to toe.

"..... I have to ask." She started, sighing slightly heavily.

"Are myself and my friend in danger here with all the hunters?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 04:15:28 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"A pleasure, Desiree." Rohan responded.

"And in danger? Heavens, no!" he exclaimed. "We only employ modern mana hunters." he told them.

"Modern?" Hal asked.

"In terms of attitude." Rohan replied. "Just because one is a mana hunter, does not mean they must adhere to what society pressures them to be. Most even realise that the old ways of thinking were... well... old. And stupid." he went on.

"However, many aren't sure what to do with their lives. So this company is a place where they can make something of themselves, no matter who they are or where they come from. We employ over 95% of the modern mana hunter population in North America." he then stated.

"Huh." Hal mumbled. "That's... refreshing."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 04:17:55 )

"I'll say." Desiree commented.

"When I saw that everyone around was a hunter, I admit... I was on edge. I may be hunter born myself, but I know that's not always enough to save me. That's not to say anything fromothers." She added.

"Anyway! Wea re here for a reason." She then said. "How about we not linger. I would hate to be the distraction I may very well be from you men doing your important legal things." She added with a light laugh.

"Please, let's have a seat and do as need be. Something tells me, it won't be a quick task, regardless.'

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 04:38:42 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal, Tobias, and Rohan looked at each other, before nodding.

"Let us do this, then." Rohan said.

The 4 then made their way to the conference table, converging at one end of it, and started to work. Or, rather, Tobias, Hal, and Rohan discussed their legal and business matters, while Desiree pissed around on her phone, answering any questions that came up. In the end, they were discussing everything for close to 4 hours, before Hal turned and looked at Deisree.

"Right." he said.

"So. It seems like you are going to be the CEO of the company, and have your brother's share of the stocks, as well as the salary that comes with the position." he told her. "It also seems that he had liquidated all other assets and placed them into the bank account that is connected to the CEO position." he went on.

"To sum things up, after you sign the necessary paperwork, and once the bank account transfer goes through, you will not only be a literal billionaire, but you will have close to 150 million in free disposable income." he explained further. "Ie: 'fun money' from Deryck liquidating all other assets he had. Everything his mother left to him that wasn't the company."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 04:41:43 )

Desiree didn't say anything for a moment.

"Excuse me?" She asked.

".... I have no idea what the hell to do with that much money, I admit." She said after a few seconds before shaking her head.

"Right. What is it that will be expected of me, though? I am more than willing to pass it on to someone else that can actually run the joint." She added.

"I'm most certainly not qualified."

"Ah, your brother wasn't either." Rohan told her.

"He only ever stepped in for issues that cropped up, that required owner approval."

".... I... right. Ok. I didn't expect that." Desiree admitted.

"All right, well... where do I sign, then?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 05:01:31 )
Forgive, O Lord,

She was handed a stack of papers that looked to be about 30 papers high, causing Hal to sigh.

"Mister Conroy and I will explain what you're signing as you get to it." he said.

"Indeed." Tobias agreed.

"Yes, your mother was very much involved in this company... much to... many of our chagrin..." Rohan mumbled. "However, once she passed away and control shifted to her son, he immediately made things so that he would need to do NOTHING with this company." he explained. "He knew nothing about fashion, and he knew he knew nothing, so he put it in the hands of those that worked here." he went on. "And since then, there's been a massive employee shifting and shuffling, morale is up considerably, productivity has skyrocketed, and we're doing more consistently better than ever, since we've introduced some more budget-friendly lines." he went on.

"Yes, seems Deryck and your father made it so that this was a place for modern mana hunters, as opposed to those that kept to the old ways." Hal told her.

"Regardless, let's get this massive stack of paperwork done."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.