Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Boss Babe

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 03:24:15 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"What the hell...?" Rene muttered. She was looking away from them now, so she wouldn't be able to hear them or read their lips, but the doctor still wanted to 'vent' a little. "Desiree, why on this Earth would you offer such a thing to such a scumbag?" he asked. "Why go so far for someone who's done nothing but-" he started to ask, before Zeke placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Dr. Calder..." he said quietly, causing Rene to snap his gaze directly to the nephilim.

"WHA-" he started to ask irately... before he saw that Zeke had a look of... almost sorrow to him. His eyes said they knew something that the lantha did not. Something that was weighing heavily on him right now.

"It's not my place to say anything right now." Zeke said. "Desiree... has her reasons. And I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that knows them. And it's only because of what I am, and who I used to be." he said further. "So please... don't take it personally, please try and quell your understandable frustration, and... just know that Desiree is probably going through a lot right now." he went on.

"...so much so, that I don't know how she'll be for the next while." he then added softly.

"..." Rene was silent after that for a moment, looking at him blankly while he was so... before he looked back to Desiree and blinked a few times.

"I see." he said. "I might not know everything about Desiree, and I might not know a lot about you... but I can tell when I shouldn't insert myself in someone's business, especially not with the attitude that was threatening to explode." he reasoned.

"Thank you." was all Zeke responded with, as Rene continued to work on Desiree, with the woman actively starting to feel better with each passing minute... physically anyway. Which was thanks to a special salve that Rene had. It was a Lanthan recipe, and it was borderline a miracle cure for injuries. It sped up healing time drastically, acted as a wonderful painkiller, but if used too frequently, the patient would develop a nasty chemical addiction to it. The last time he'd used it on Desiree was over 5 years ago, so she'd be fine with this application.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 03:46:05 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Desiree was silent, not even sure what to say for the moment.

".... I should get back..." She said quietly before carefully getting to her feet. She wasn't in a really good state, but at least now she wouldn't end up dead.

... Where we hid in when you used your mana." She added with a light sigh.

"Just... please. I just... I just want to deal with this..."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 04:06:22 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Rene and Zeke were silent for a moment, before Rene stepped in front of her.

"Five minutes." he said. "Please. Just let me finish applying the salve, and wait five minutes. That's all I ask." he told her. "That's the bare minimum so you'll not feel ready to collapse every step you take." he added.

Desiree was definitely reluctant, but she knew she wasn't winning here. Especially when she couldn't use her mana right now. So she relented, and sat down to wait the 5 minutes. And she kept time as well. When the wall clock showed that 5 minutes had passed, she looked to the two males as she stood up.

"...I'll be taking her back." Zeke commented.

"You do that." Rene responded.

"Desiree... good luck." was all he said to the young woman, before they said their farewells, and he departed from her suite apartment.

Zeke then approached her and held her close in his arms, before the two were surrounded by a warm light, taking them away from the comfort and safety of her place, and putting them back in the torrential thunderstorm of Winnipeg.

"I'm sorry." Zeke said to her, looking right into her eyes.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 04:23:41 )

Desiree was silent for a few seconds before shaking her head.

"You've nothing to be sorry for." She said.

"And... and I will be all right. I promise." She assured him. He could hear her sincerity too. This wasn't a case of her just saying it to appease him. She honestly believed what she said.

"I'll... I'll Snap you once I know what is going on. All right?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 04:43:49 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Zeke continued to look at her with his deep blue eyes, and she could see that he had matured since their connection that had once been deeper had been forcibly weakened. He still cared for her immensely, and she couldn't help but feel just that little bit safer around him, no matter the circumstances. He was silent for another moment, and then nodded slowly.

"Very well." he said, as the lightning flashed above them.

"...one second." he told her, before he vanished from where he was, and returned to that very same place not 5 seconds later... but with a sturdy and wide umbrella in his hands. He opened it and handed it to her, the radius more than enough to shield her from the downpour.

"At the very least, you don't need to get any more soaked." he reasoned.

"Now go. And do what you feel you need to do." he told her.

"I shall see you later, Desiree." he finished, moving some of her wet hair away from her good eye.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 04:58:46 )

Desiree was silent for a few seconds, smiling softly.

"Thank you." She said.

"I'll return this when I can." She added before looking back out to the road. "I admit, I don't want to be here, I want to go home, but... I also don't want anything to happen illegally, or to damage mine or Jaden's repuation." She told him

That really couldn't be faulted. The sheer fact that she was back in Winnipeg overall was a surprise. He knew what she'd gone through as a child, after all. Believing that she didn't want to be back in the city it happened in was very easy to believe. However... there she was.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 05:18:28 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Zeke gently put his hand to Desiree's cheek, and just continued to look at her in silence for a moment, nary breathing... before he then closed his eyes slowly, and huffed a small sigh.

"No rush." he said. "Just try and take care of yourself." he told her. He then looked around some more, mostly skyward, and then looked at her one last time.

"See you later..." he finished, giving her a hug. She returned it and they held it for a few seconds, before letting go, allowing him to take a few steps back. As they waved to each other, he was engulfed in light once more, and disappeared as there was a lightning flash.

Now she was alone in the rain, the thunder, and the lightning. She was alone in an alley, in Winnipeg, no mana, no headphones, and no phone. She knew that people knew where she was, though. Zeke knew exactly where she was, Rene knew vaguely where she was, and she knew that Leo knew she was in Winnipeg. As a bonus, she knew Leo would be immediately working on a new pair of headphones for her, as well as getting her a new phone set up with them, but that did her little good NOW.

Now, she needed to do what she needed to do. The longer she delayed, the worse it would be for her. So, despite the rain that seemingly refused to let up, she needed to set out and trek on.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 05:38:08 )

Desiree was silent before sighing, knowing she'd need to do this. She just hoped it went all right and she didn't have too many problems.

When her friend arrived, she was far too grateful, and she knew it. However, Avery knew ASL and was extremely familiar with it. Desiree had no idea why or how she was there but really didn't care. At all.

She was held for a week, but knew it was only because of Averie helping she was out that quick. Sadly, Desiree had not been granted one thing: the ability to let Jaden know what was going on. Granted, that wasn't too hard to believe, as she was deaf and there really wasn't anything that could entirely be done for that.

So she hadn't been able to let him know.

After she was finally freed, she expected there would be a very worried Jaden, along with basically everyone else. She made her way to an alley, and just used her mana to get home.

She appeared in the den and just sighed before heading to make her way to the batrhoom. She felt like sh desperately needed a shower.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 06:04:34 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The fact that she had been able to even start to maker her way to the bathroom was a sign that Jaden was not home. If he HAD been home, he probably would have been in an area where he could have seen her appear, and would have essentially been up in her face immediately. But that had not occurred, meaning that he was out somewhere else. And if she were to wager a guess, he was with someone trying to keep him calm. Or perhaps he was trying to keep THEM calm. Odds were good that he was with Kalin and/or Rene... the latter having probably told Jaden and Kalin the bare minimum as to what was happening.

At the very least, this allowed her to go and take her shower... which was a minor miracle, as far as she was concerned. She made her way to the bathroom and took her shower, the hot water beating down on her feeling like nothing less than a liquid massage. The shampoo and body wash seemed to rinse away not only the physical dirt and grime she felt on her, but almost seemed to wash away the physical 'remnants' she felt clinging to her body, from the attack Deryck had made on her. Her mind still raced about it, though, and she knew that it would take a while for her to come to terms with this, but at least her body was feeling better.

She spent about 35 minutes in that shower, and when she emerged from the room, a towel wrapped around her hair, and a larger towel wrapped around her body, she saw that she wasn't alone any longer.

Her eyes adjusted from the steam that had filled the room and poured out when she opened the door, and she saw Jaden was sitting in one of the chairs, looking directly at her, and looking very much worried, and unimpressed.

However, she also saw massive relief in his expression as well. It was clear that he was just happy that she was back home, seemed to be all right, but he very much wanted information right now.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 06:14:25 )

Desiree stepped out of the shower. When she noticed Jaden, just sighed, and waved. She looked tired, and a bit beaten down, but ... happy. Which made sense. The past few days had definitely sucked, and that was putting it far too lightly.

"Hey." She greeted.

"Miss me?" She asked, wanting to keep this a bit light hearted. She had no idea how receptive he'd be though, and all she could do was hope that he would be receptive Even just a little.

His silence said loads, before he signed anything.

Are you all right? He asked, his first thought being concern over anything. Desiree didn't respond for a moment, before sighing.

"I.... will be." She told him honestly.

[b]"Just... need to come to terms with this freedom.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 06:41:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jaden just sighed heavily when she said that. It was almost hard to believe that Deryck was gone. Her mother had been gone for a while as well, so her brother's death truly marked the fact that she was free. Free from them trying to take her life. Tying to kill her. Trying to make her life miserable. For the first time in a very long while... Desiree could well and truly sleep soundly, without fear of death.

He looked at her again, before shaking his head slightly.

Been worried sick about you. he signed to her further. Nobody was really telling me anything, said that they couldn't. That they were legally prevented from. he continued to sign.

Was very frustrating. he then admitted.

But is it over now? he asked her. Will nobody be coming for you and asking questions and such? he asked further. Because I don't want the authorities hounding you about this. he reasoned.

You're free now. Let's not have this be tainted or ruined. he then finished.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 07:19:17 )

Desiree just smiled softly.

"Yeah... The authorities won't be coming to look for me." She assured him.

"The press on the other hand..." She started. "I don't want your reputation soiled from this, either." She continued, pausing a moment. She knew what she was about to say next would not be something he'd want to hear, but also something that he would hate if she didn't say anyway.

If only just because of the fact that he knew her, and it would not be long before he realised this was going through her head.

"Th last thing we need, is your reputation ruined becaue of this. Who would pay our bills?" She asked, with a light almost hesitant chuckle.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 07:39:49 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jaden just pinched the bridge of his nose, and looked REALLY unimpressed now. He rubbed the bridge of his nose, shook his head, and looked over towards her, the rather unimpressed expression back on his face.

Don't. he signed. My reputation is one thing. It's a small thing. Hell, if anything, this might be a boon, considering that my show is supposedly steeped in the dark arts- he signed further, before looking towards the phone.

One second. he signed to her, getting up and making his way over.

He reached the phone and picked it up, speaking to whomever was on the other side, and as he did, Desiree still had the uncomfortable thoughts swirling in her mind. It was true what he said, his was considered a 'dark sorcerer' by those that didn't like his content and were very religious... almost zealously so. He used that to his advantage, and turned that bad press into good promotion. And she wouldn't lie, the fact that he would be involved with someone that might have her 'new reputation' might be good for him... but she could also tell he was mostly trying to make her feel better. He hadn't liked where she had been going with that train of thought, and was attempting to stop it right there.

He finished on the phone, and then made his way closer towards her.

Leo will be here in a few minutes. he signed to her. Seems he's been working almost non-stop to make you a new pair of headphones, and has a phone paired to them as well. he informed her further.

So he'll be here shortly to give them to you and help you calibrate and adjust them. he finished.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 07:51:59 )

She was completely silent as Jaden said all he did, before just nodding.

"Yeah... Okay." She said.

"I... I'm going to get some clothing then." She added before sighing and heading out of the room.Especially with Leo coming over soon, she knew she had to be clothed. Even if she didn't want to leave right then, as she knew that her and Jaden did probably need to talk.

She was terrified about what he'd said at the end, about getting what's coming to her. She didn't know if she could actually voice it, but she knew she had to try. Leaving Jaden hanging like that wouldn't be good, especially if her brother had something set up to come after her after his death. He was crafty enough that she would not be surprised, at all, if that was actually what the case was.

So she had to tell him.

She made her way to the bedroom, not bothering to check if Jaden was following, and started to find something to wear.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 08:09:19 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jaden paused for a moment, before smacking his forehead.

"Damn it." he said. "Why didn't I think to tell Leo that Desiree didn't have any clothes on!?" he asked himself rhetorically. The answer was probably because he had been so distracted by what Desiree had brought up, and his mind was most likely fixated on it... but still, Desiree had towels on, and nothing else. That was plain as day, and she did NOT need Leo seeing her like that. And Leo didn't need to see HER like that, either, as it would probably fluster him more than a little.

He made his way to the bedroom as well, and stood at the entrance of it, waiting until Desiree saw him to sign to her.

We need to talk. I can tell there's more to this than you're letting on. he signed. However, we'll wait until Leo comes and goes, obviously. It'll be a little easier if you can actually hear me, anyway. he then reasoned.

For now, I'll shut the door and tell him that you're getting yourself more presentable. he continued, but then paused for a moment, raising a finger. He then stepped away from her viewpoint, and returned with the hairdryer from the bathroom, tossing it onto the bed.

Thing works miracles, and dries super speedily, but you knew that. he signed. If you're going to try on new headphones, your hair should be dry. he reasoned.

Or want me to tell him to wait for an hour or so? he asked. Odds are he hasn't left let. he added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 08:16:51 )

The hair dryer hadn't even crossed Desirees mind, and Jaden could see that.

"Eh-heh... Thanks." She said. "That didn't even cross my mind. And yeah, I know it works well. I bought you this one as a surprise gift after your good one died." She added as she found some clean undergarments and set the towel aside to put them on.

"And... it's ok. I have access to my mana again and use that too, if I really needed to." She added as she worked.

"Plus. If he sees me with wet hair... what's the problem with that? Jaden, I'm not you." Was the last thing she said for the moment before looking for a clean pair of jeans.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 08:37:57 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jaden just crossed his arms over his chest, and smirked at her.

"...I see you still have your sense of humour." he commented when she looked at him again. "Good." he said. "I've missed it." he told her with a warmer smile now. "I really did." he continued. "...was kinda lonely and worrying without you here..." he then admitted, but then shook his head.

"Anyway, closing the door." he finished, before doing so.

It didn't take Desiree long at all to be dressed and presentable, and when she opened the door to the bedroom, she saw both Jaden and Leo, sitting in the living room area, and Jaden looked over towards her. Leo looked over as well, and waved.

Sorry. he signed. I didn't mean to come at such an awkward time. he told her further.

But I just finished your headphones and actual phone, and I figured you'd be wanting them as soon as possible. he reasoned.

Jaden just shrugged.

"I told him there's no reason to apologise, but you knew he would anyway." he outright said, as she could read his lips.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 08:41:36 )

"I know." Desiree said, replying to Jaden as she made her way over to Leo. She motioned with her hands for him to get to his feet for a moment, to which he did. Once he was up, she wrapped her arms around him, and didn't let go for about thirty seconds.

"Thank you, Leo." She said.

"However, I will figure out a way to properly repay you for all this tech support over the years." She added. "Once I can figure out how to do something you will NOT refuse." As she spoke, she'd stepped away from him, and taken a seat next to Jaden on the couch.

"Anyway, speaking of tech.... sorry about that... I know they were probably absolutely destroyed."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 09:00:44 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Leo returned the hug and held the embrace for as long as she did, only letting go when he felt SHE was letting go. He watched her go and sit beside Jaden, before shaking his head slightly.

"I keep saying it's not necessary." he told her.

"...but I get the feeling the argument is an 'unstoppable force meeting an immoveable object' situation right now." he then lamented, before opening his messenger bag and pulling out her new headphones.

They looked pretty much just like her old ones, but a bit sleeker, less bulky, and the various markings and buttons and such were more pronounced. Overall, what she was used to, but a little better. The phone was the latest model of the one she'd had previously... but not. It was actually a newer model than her previous, but was still an iteration behind. That being said, he had modded it to be just as good as the top-of-the-line, if not better.

"And yeah, your old ones were... toast." he confirmed, handing both pieces of tech to her. "Smashed to bits, soaked in water, just... geez." he muttered.

"That being said, wasn't as much work as one would think to have made a new pair." he then said further. "Had the blueprints, just made small alterations." he shrugged.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 12:56:33 )

"Your slight tendencies for hoarding come in handy sometimes." Desiree commented with a light chuckle.

"Not often, but they do." She added.

"And... Thank you." said as she accepted the items. She looked them over, wanting to see how things were, running her hands over the headset a few times to get a feel for it all. After a few minutes, she slid them on her head, internally marvelling at how Leo always seemed to make them feel better, even though she always thought they were comfy already.

"Power in the same place?" She asked, having not actually looked for the buttons locations before. It hadn't occurred to her.

Leo just nodded in response, and Desiree found the button before powering them on.

"Will the wireless charge stand for the toast set work with these, you think?" She asked about thirty seconds later, once the minor feedback and such was done.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.