Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Boss Babe

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 05:11:31 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"From what I can gather, and what I was told... well, he knew Mother was corrupting him." Desiree told him honestly as she took a seat on the top step.

"He knew that Mother would leave the company to him, and knew that he was going to be doing the dirty work regarding me for the woman as well." She continued.

"as a result, before he truly was corrupted, he'd filled out his will - and added a clause where he could not reverse it without Marcus' signature." she paused here before chuckling lightly.

"And we both know that Marcus would never sign THAT."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 05:31:22 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Jaden looked... EXTREMLY skeptical as to what she was saying, and looked ready to snap... before he just sighed. Heavily. He had a bit of a defeated look to his eyes, and just slumped forward some.

"I want to argue that." he said.

"But I can't." he admitted. "The fact that Marcus was in there as a blockade against him makes the story SO much more believable." he admitted, before looking around.

"But... I mean... he was that sort of guy?" he asked.

"I'm sorry, but I've cultivated the image of a man that NEVER liked you. ALWAYS made things miserable for you. But now THIS happens?" he asked. "That doesn't fit in with my mental picture of him." he admitted.

"Was that picture... wrong?" he asked.

"Because this really seems... fishy... for the man I came to know and despise."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 05:33:13 )

Desiree just sighed, and there was weight to it.

"... your image of him is quite accurate." She told him.

"In so far as that is the man that he became." She continued.

"And ... honestly? That's how he's been since I left. I ran because he was being abused by Mother for protecting me. I couldn't deal with that, but... chances are it continued after I left, that she just didn't have me as the convenient excuse."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 05:53:08 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jaden put a hand to the side of his head, as he came to terms with what she had just told him. It seemed... surreal. A big part of his worldview was now proved to be... wrong. He'd always thought that Deryck has just been rotten from the beginning, but now he'd learned that nothing could have been further from the truth. His mother had ruined him, corrupted him to the core. Or at least... tried to, anyway. Seems she succeeded, but Deryck had managed one last bit of subterfuge before he was too far gone. And that blew Jaden's mind.

"I... wow..." he said.

"I guess... the saying really IS true." he muttered. "Monsters aren't born; they're created." he said further, before looking at Desiree again.

"...I feel... kinda like an asshole now." he admitted. "But... I mean... did anyone else know about this side of Deryck?" he asked her. "Or does anyone else know currently?" he asked further.

"...Marcus aside." he quickly clarified. "Pretty sure he's a given and doesn't count here..." he mumbled.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 06:12:14 )

Desiree shook her head.

"No." She told him honestly.

"anyone who did know... he killed." She then said after a moment.

"Which is rather unfortunate, but it... well, it's a thing."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 06:37:54 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"I see." Jaden responded.

"Well, I won't tell anyone." he told her. "I'm willing to bet you kept this information secret for a very good reason, so... I shall not spread it, now that -I- know it." he promised.

He then paused for a moment, thinking about something.

"Is... this what he meant by you would get what's coming to you?" he asked.

"Did... did he have a moment of non-corrupted clarity before he died...?" he went on, looking around again, and then focusing on Desiree. He couldn't take his eyes off of her.

"...wow, holy shit, you look even more gorgeous than usual in that dress, in this moonlight." he stated bluntly, in an abrupt topic change.

"Sorry, that just... literally hit my brain." he apologised.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 06:47:57 )

"I have no idea." Desiree admitted, referring to his musing about Deryck having some clarity.

"I wish I did." She added before shaking her head lightly.

"Now... do you understand why I said that these outfits are out of your pay grade, specifically?" She asked, smirking slightly. Her face did flush a bit when he made his comment on the dress, but she didn't dare dwell on it. At least not right now.

"I own this company. I can get one of everything. Free." She added. "Not... not that I will. I like someof it, yeah, but I prefer my walmart clothes, to b ehonest."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 07:08:13 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jaden nodded.

"Yeah. I do." he said. "You OWN this company, this empire. You're the CEO. You... the benefits you'll receive, the MONEY you'll get... I... I can barely fathom it." he went on, before pausing.

"Wait." he muttered. "I guess this means that you're the primary breadwinner of the household now." he realised.

"By a loooooooong shot." he added with a chuckle.

"Hell of an upgrade." he laughed. "So... wait, how are things going to change... uh... for your life, in terms of work and such?" he asked. "You gonna be a hands-on or hands-off type?" he asked further.

"What all it going to be required of you as CEO/owner?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 07:11:22 )

"Hands off. Totally hands off." Desiree answered.

"I'll need to come in to check some boxes, and approve some things here and there, but largely hands off. Apparently Deryck set that up for himself, and they're doing far better that way." She added

"as for me... I'm going to keep doing what I do for as long as I can. Once word of this hits the tabloids, well... I might not be able to." She sighed, heavily.

"As for how are things going to change. well.... You think you can handle being on the tabloids and shit? Paparazzi is going to be a concern, especially here in Winnipeg, for a bit."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 07:35:03 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Hm." Jaden mumbled.

"Well, for starters, don't you worry about me." he told her. "I've been in the spotlight before. I've been demonised by tabloids and such, and all that good stuff." he said dismissively.

"But this is a different situation, really." Desiree countered.

"...fair." Jaden admitted.

"Well, only one way to find out." he then said further with a small smirk.

"I certainly hope you can continue your shows, though." he then added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 07:39:21 )

"I hope so too." Desiree agreed before sighing.

"I can almost guarantee word got out that I made dinner plans." She added.

"And there might be plenty there to avoid." She finished with, before sighing, heavily. Again.

"do you ... really want to go through all that with me though?" She asked, honestly sounding scared he'd say no. She couldn't imagine her life without him, and she knew that he would help if he was still there for her.

However, she wouldn't fault him if he did decide he didn't want to deal with what would likely be her life for a few months, at least.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 08:02:32 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jaden was silent, before sitting beside her.

"Desiree." he said. "When I fell in love with you, I promised myself that I would be with you, stick by you, no matter what." he revealed. "And when you reciprocated that love, that only strengthened my resolve." he went on.

"The only way I am not going to be with you through this, is if you push me away. And I mean SERIOUSLY push me away." he assured her.

"For better or worse, richer or poorer, ups and downs, whatever. I am going to deal with this as YOU deal with this." he promised her further.

"So. Desiree. Let us do this thing." he said. "With pride, with dignity... like the power couple we now are." he added with a small smirk. "Let's show these paparazzi that they don't scare us."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 08:07:15 )

Desiree was silent for a moment before chuckling.

"same to you, Jaden." she said after a moment or two.

"Just... same to you." she repeated with a light shake of her head.

".... Well, that begs a question. Do you want to move?" She asked. "Since I have... uhh... probably more money than you want to know the number of in the bank account I received."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 08:28:12 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...." Jaden didn't know what to say to that, immediately.

"I.... hmmmm." he mumbled. "I admit, I DO like the suite we have in the tower..." he admitted. "But... well... perhaps an actual house WOULD be nice to have..." he went on.

"I mean, the place doesn't really hold any special meaning for me. I've made memories there, sure, a lot with you..." he continued. "But it's not like it's been in my family or anything. It's an apartment." he chuckled.

"So if you think you might want to find a bigger place, like a house or something, I'm all for it." he assured her.

"...also, don't tell me the number. Not yet." he then said. "I've had my mind blown enough for one night, methinks." he smirked. "But suffice to say, we can definitely start looking for another place somewhere." he reiterated with a thumbs-up.

"But only if YOU want to find a new place, too." he stressed.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 08:29:46 )

Desiree was silent for a moment.

"It... might be a good idea to move." She commented.

"However, question." She then said, pausing a moment.

"What's up?" Jaden asked, his voice quizzical.

"do you want another bombshell tonight, or hold off?" Desiree asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 08:50:12 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"It's not your bank account, is it?" Jaden asked.

"No." Desiree replied. "Not in any way shape or form." she assured him.

Jaden was silent again for a moment when she answered, before just shaking his head, sighing heavily, hanging his head for another moment, and then looking back at her with a smirk.

"Then you know what? I lied earlier." he said.

"Go ahead and blow my mind with ANOTHER bombshell." he told her. "Though, if it's not your bank account, I fail to see what could be considered 'another bombshell' after THIS reveal." he admitted. "However... I am far too curious for my own good. So even if I was still more staunch in my previous statement about no more mindblowers... I'd crumble. I'd wanna know." he then said with a laugh.

"Have at it."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 12:34:47 )

Desiree just chuckled lightly, sighing as well.

"Jaden... we need to move so we can have anothe rbedroom." She told him honestly. All that did, was confuse the hell out of him, and it was extremely easy to see.

"Uh... may I ask why we need to move?" He asked, his voice confused, and almost hesitant.

"Because, as I said, we need another bedroom soon." Desiree answered.

"And why would we need anothe rbedroom?" Jaden asked, a touch annoyed that she hadn't answered his question, instead just repeated what he'd said.

"Because I'm pregnant."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 22:01:50 )
Forgive, O Lord,

If Jaden hadn't been sitting, he would have fallen to the floor. Hell, he almost lost his seat as it was, he recoiled so strongly. His lip quivered slightly, he was shaking a little, as he seemed to be completely dumbfounded now.

"P-P-Preg...nant...?" he finally asked. "You... you're sure?" he asked further. Desiree just gave him a look of 'really...?', which caused him to clear his throat and compose himself a little more.

"Right, you would be." he answered himself.

"But... but... how?" he asked. "I mean, I know HOW, obviously..." he went on, getting a bit flustered now. "But... the odds..." he continued. "It's so improbable." he stated.

"...heh." he then chuckled, a small smile on his face now.

"How far?" he asked. "You don't look it at all." he commented.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 22:03:33 )

"Still early enough that cancelling would be a viable option." Desiree answered honestly.

"You ok?" She then asked, concern to her voice. "That might have been too much of a bombshell to drop on you for the moment, I admit."

"... But.. yeah. Intrested in moving? While I love the suite, I'm not sure we have the bedrooms for a kid."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 22:26:55 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jaden nodded.

"Yes." he said. "I'm perfectly fine." he said further. "And yes, I am very interested in moving." he told her. "In fact, I am now insisting that we move and find a bigger place." he then stated in a firm tone of voice.

"I love the suite as well, it's comfortable, it's a good size, good area, pretty safe overall... but it is NOT the place to raise a child." he admitted. "So we'll need to see if we can find a new place... decently quickly." he went on. "I know what you said about you being early along, but finding a place and getting it can still take several months, even if everything goes 100% smoothly." he reasoned.

"Still, we'll need to cast that net out within a day or so." he continued. "Maybe see if Mom or Kalin or Rene knows of any places." he said. "You have an area you'd prefer?" he asked.

And all of this told Desiree that, at least right now, he was more than happy with what was happening. He was happy she was pregnant, and 100% willing to move.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.