Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Boss Babe

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 02:37:19 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"Take as much time as you need." the man responded. "I, sadly, cannot stay for long, I was merely requested to drop the papers off." he told her further, finishing his water and standing up.

He then took a cardholder out of his pocket, produced a business card, and handed it to her.

"Here." he said. "When you feel you have made the proper arrangements, contact me." he said further. "And please do not feel you need to rush this." he then stressed.

"Take all the time you need." he went on.

"If there is nothing else, I must be off." he then finished.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 02:47:00 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Desiree acceptd the card with a nod.

"Of course." She said.

"Do as you need to." She then said."I won't hold you up."

"And thank you. I appreciate this." There was some definite sincerity to her voice as she got to her feet and walked with him to the door out.

After he was gone, she just leaned against the door, sighing, heavily. This was definitely something new, something that she really hadn't expected, and something she wasn't entirely sure she knew how to handle. Howe3ver, she also knew that it would be best she didn't linger with this for too terribly long. So she made her way to the den and grabbed her laptop. A quick email later, and she was waiting for either a reply, or jaden to come home.

Hey,

I'm not sure what you're doing at the moment, or how busy at the moment, so I didn't want to call and interupt, or show up and potentially cause alarm or problems.

I've come into some information recently, and I need some business help. I was wondering if you, or someone you might know, would possibly be willing to help me out with this. I am willing to pay for the services rendered, of course. No mattter the price.

Feel free to stop by if you get a chance, or call. However, you know that phone calls are hit or miss with me.

Thank you for your time,

-Desiree
. Once that was sent, she just sighed.

What the hell was this world coming to, to have THIS be what happened? It was something that she definitely couldn't hope to answer, but she still found herself wondering.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 04:02:16 )
Forgive, O Lord,

She was left to wonder for close to 10 minutes, when she felt her phone buzz, and heard the notification tone. She checked it, and saw that it was a response from the one she had sent the email to.

Greetings,

Apologies for the delay in this response, was in the middle of a quarterly business meeting. Thankfully, it was near the tail end, but I digress.

You say you are in need of some business advice, and I am more than willing to offer it to you, personally. Feel free to show up whenever you have the free time, as you know I shall make time for you. That being said, tomorrow is a busy day for me, but any time today, or any day after tomorrow works nicely for me. Just tell me when to expect you.

Actually, when you receive this, if you like, call me. We can discuss this more fluidly if you like. For now, just tell me where and when you would like this to be discussed.

-Hal Sharp
it read.

It was pretty much what she expected, and the ball was in her court now.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 04:08:23 )

Desiree just sighed. She'd told him to stop by, but oh well. She wasn't opposed to heading down there, thankfully.

"He really must be busy..." She muttered as she got to her feet.

I'll be there in about fifteen then. She sent simply. She'd thank him properly when she arrived there, and was speaking with him.

"Hmmm, Maybe I should take a thing of the wine that Jaden doesn't like, for him. If I recall correctly, it's onehe might like..." She then said, musing whether or not to do that as she looked to where she knew that the bottles were.

In the end, she decided to grab an unopened bottle, as Jaden's mother had delivered three, and they weren't big fans of them ()Jaden had even told her to give 'em away if sheknew anyone who might enjoy), made sure to leave a note for Jaden for just in case she was still gone when he returned, before using her mana to appear in the entry area of the Unit.

She stepped out, waved to Jake, was let in, and made her way up to Hal's office, where she knocked on the door. After being beckoned to enter, she did so.

"I bring a gift." She said with a laugh before stepping up and setting the bottle on his desk.

"... if you don't l ike it, feel free to regift it. I don't know who would to be honest."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 04:33:13 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal looked at the bottle of wine, and raised an eyebrow as he lifted it up into his hands and looked it over.

"...well, then." he said. "This is some fine wine, to understate it." he commented. "Why such a lavish gift out of nowhere?" he inquired.

"Jaden's mother gave us some bottles, but we're not big on it." Desiree stated honestly. "So we need to get rid of them, preferably to someone who would appreciate them, but even if not, that's fine as well." she explained.

"Well, you certainly found one that WILL appreciate it." Hal told her. "Hollie and I will definitely enjoy this later." he assured her further. "Thank you." he added, setting the bottle off to the side.

"Also, I apologise for not touching on how you said that I should stop by there." he then apologised. "Admittedly, I was a little distracted when I replied, and thinking about it, I could have easily gone there." he sighed. "But... nothing for that now." he lamented.

"Anyway, to business, both figuratively and seemingly literally." he then said.

"You said you require some business advice. Regarding what?" he asked her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 04:36:48 )

"Good to hear. I think Jaden might be game for just throwing the rest at you too, if you want it later." Desiree commented honestly.

"As for the business...." She started, heaving a bit of a breath.

"It's... well, my brother is finally dead." She started before pausing.

"And Mother had left her company to him." She continued. "By the way, I've been meaning to ask. Where did you find that modified suit? I know my Mother's designs anywhere, and that is one, but lacking some of the ... flair... she usually puts into the lining. Did you do it yourself?" There was definite curiosity to her voice, and face, as she asked her question.

"I ask because it looks far better than what she used to always put out."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 04:56:21 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal paused for a moment, taking in all she said. He knew her brother was dead, was told of it long ago. Her mother leaving a company to him was news to him, as he never really cared about such things involving the man.... but her comment about his suit being a modified version of her mother's designs was what caught him truly off-guard, and he was pondering it.

"I... ah..." he stammered.

"For starters, yes, it IS a modification from its original." he told her.

"I loved the colour and the overall feel, but... too many unnecessary bells and whistles, fashion-wise, for what I needed it for." he said further. "So, I had Zeke tailor it up a little. Or down. Depending on viewpoint." he explained.

"But... your mother's design?" he then asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 05:17:27 )
Forgive, O Lord,

And now Hal was stunned at what he had just heard. So much so, he was silent for close to a full 5 seconds, before he shook his head lightly, cleared his throat, and looked at her.

"...I'm not sure what's more unbelievable." he said. "The fact that you are the inheritor of said company, of the fact that your brother left it to you in turn." he said further.

"Because the implications of you owning that company are... staggering." he went on.

"Firstly, I'm assuming you JUST found this out?" he then asked.

"Secondly, what sort of business help are you requesting?" he asked further. "Anything in specific, or do you wish me to just make sure there are no trap holes or the like?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 05:20:29 )

"I need to head out to Winnipeg to have everything legally signed Iver to me." a Desiree told him hinestly

"I would appreciate it if you could come with him, to. We'll, make sure that everything is on the level. I know almost nothing about anything business related, Jaden and kalin help with my performances. I'm juts a pretty face." she added after another second.

" So I would greatly appreciate it. You can dictate when, as well."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 05:40:25 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal brought his hands together in front of him, and pondered for a moment. He seemed to be thinking about it intensely for a few seconds, as he looked over to the calendar on the nearby wall, and then 'woke up' his computer, checking his schedule.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"Depends." he said to her. "How do you want to go about the trip?" he asked. "if you wish to use mana to get there, I am free anytime between the day after tomorrow, and the first half of next week." he continued. "If you wish to leave a paper trail, then we're looking at needing a few days to do so, and the week after next is when I can confidently allocate time for that." he stated.

"So, what say you?" he asked.

"Are we doing this the convenient way, or the safer way?" he asked further. "Either one is fine with me, you're the one calling the shots, seeing as this your business, literally and figuratively." he reasoned.

"I'll clear my schedule when I know the time frame we're working with."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 06:40:37 )

Desiree didn't say anything for a moment, thinking about how to answer thatquesstion.

"... I think Mana will be all right." She told him honestly.

"As what I was told, was that there was more than a little awareness within the company. At least, there was the extremely heavy implication, due to how I was told that I could use my 'special skills' to get there if need be." She told him honestly.

"So I think that yeah, Mana is most certainly an option. Likely need to use mine, as well." She then added. "If there's any sort of tie to the company for it. To be honest, I haveno idea what to expect, and I kinda feel like we're walking into the lion's den."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 07:08:02 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal just sighed quietly.

"I see." he said. "Well, then I shall trust your judgement." he told her. "If we can use mana to get there, then I can clear my schedule and we can be there as early at this Friday." he informed her further.

"If that works for you, I shall clear all of that day." he went on.

"I assume you'd like to get this done bright and early?" he asked.

"And shall we depart from here, or from your own domicile?" he asked further.

"We shall do this all on YOUR preferences, after all."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 07:14:36 )

Desiree was silent for a moment.

"Friday? That is definitely doable." She told him, thinking about it all as she spoke.

"Along with that, Winnipeg is two hours ahead of you, for whatever that might be worth?" She asked, not sure if it would make a difference, but trying to be accomodating.

"And an hour behind Ontario." She added. "While yes, I would prefer bright and early, I'm not entirely against it being on your say, due to the fact that you are the farthest in terms of the timezones."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 07:34:28 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal just shrugged, and chuckled.

"I don't sleep." he laughed. "Well, I mean I DO, but... it doesn't do much for me. It's more a de-stress and decompress session." he went on. "It won't hurt me at all to have that interrupted slightly." he assured her.

"So. Friday, then? Works for me." he told her. "You just let me know when you want to leave, and I shall be there to travel with you." he continued.

He then paused again, before shaking his head slightly.

"...you are the inheritor of the company..." he mumbled. "It never occurs to me that you are the daughter of Mariana Niell." he commented further, turning around in his chair.

"This is quite the interesting development, to understate it." he went on.

"How are you feeling about this all?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 07:45:13 )

Desiree didn't say anything for a few seconds, sighing heavily.

"Wary. Extremely wary." She told him honestly.

"I have my brother having made my life a living hell at my mothers Behest, and due to her corruption on his very soul, just for him to finally die and then give me what Mother never wanted me to have?" She asked.

"I don't trust it. At all." She admitted.

"Something tells me that going there is going to result in my death."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 08:05:16 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Understandable." Hal responded. "All of this seems... very suspicious. Almost too good to be true." he went on. "However, it is entirely up to you what you do with this." he continued.

"I shall accompany you there, and even act as a bodyguard if need be." he went on.

"Admittedly, I'm not sure WHAT we may be walking into, but I've dealt with a LOT in my existence." he told her. "It takes a lot to catch me off guard, so I can promise I'll certainly make it not easy for them." he vowed.

"For now, I'll make sure that all of Friday is clear. And I'll be ready to go whenever you are ready to go." he then said.

"This shall run on your schedule, you'll be calling the shots." he promised.

"Feel free to use my personal number for planning this out between us as well." he then added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 08:09:42 )

"Thank you Hal. I really do appreciate it." Desiree said, a smile to her voice, and face.

"I really do. Unfortunately, this might end up happening before Jaden is even home." Se added after another second.

"what do you mean?" Hal asked, his voice almost wary.

"Jaden's off doing something or other with his mother, uncontactable as a result." Desiree explained. "I don't know details, but where they are is so wrought with ambient mana that any and all tech basically bursts into flames when you get close enough."

"So I can't et ahold of him. I don't know how long they'll be gone, either. I mean, I know he'll be fine, he's with Sydney, b ut still. This could very well entirely go without him even knowing waht the hell it is that is going on until it's said and done."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 08:29:02 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"..." Hal was silent for another moment or so. "I see." he said. "Well, in that case, there's even MORE impetus for you to return from this safely." he then reasoned. "I will do everything in my power to ensure it, if need be." he continued. "I promise." he said further.

"That being said, we should prepare for Friday." he then suggested.

"In whatever way we deem appropriate." he went on.

"If there's nothing else, I'll make sure my schedule for Friday is completely cleared, get Agent King to fill in for me for that day, and be ready to go whenever." he continued.

"Also, thank you for trusting me with this new development." he then said.

"It means a lot that you feel I can help." he went on. "...feels good to be able to put that MBA to use outside of those damn quarterly meetings." he chuckled.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 11:23:08 )

Desiree just laughed.

"I don't doubt it's good to put that to use. At least you have a degree that is useful." She commented.

"I went for philosophy. There ain't shit to do with that in today's world." She added with a shrug.

"Anyway! I'll leave you to whatever you need to here, and I'll let you know what's going on more specifically once I know anything more specific." She paused, sighing lightly.

"Thank you. So so much." She then said.

"I don't want to grovel or anything, but with how appreciative I am? It could get close to that kind of vibe." She added with a light chuckle.

"Just... thank you."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 22:03:20 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"There are no degrees out there that are useless." Sharp replied. "Yes, some have more practical application than others, admittedly, but studying philosophy is certainly no waste of time." he told her.

"The largest problem is that philosophers are hardly, if ever, recognised and appreciated in their own times." he then said. "it takes many lifetimes for their wisdom to truly be appreciated, sadly." he lamented further. "So, for whatever it may be worth, perhaps something YOU have mused or penned will be regarded as insightful genius in the future." he offered.

"In general, people that question the mind, those that dare to challenge people to think, are often shot down in their own eras." he sighed. "Philosophy may be a thankless road in the present, but without those like you, there would be far less beauty in the world, and MUCH less enlightenment." he finished.

"...regardless, that tangent aside, you're very welcome in advance, but let's not put the cart before the horse." he then suggested. "Thank me AFTER this has been dealt with." he continued.

"For now, I suggest you prepare for Friday." he finished.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.