Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Boss Babe

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 05:14:28 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Desiree nodded.

"Sounds like this is going to be tedious as all get out, but it does need to be done." She commented after a moment or two, as she got to herfeet and made her way over to a chair that was closer to where they were.

"all right, let's get cracking on signing all this." And so they did. It took quite awhile, something that no one was too surprised about, if anyone was honest. Once all was said and done, she just sighed.

"And now I feel like I developed carpal tunnel." Desiree commented with a laugh as she shook out her wrist, a joking tone to her voice.

"Is there anything else I'm needed for, for the moment? I'd rather not be in the way. If I'm not needed, then I think we'll clear out so that I'm not holing anyone up with things."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 05:34:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Rohan shook his head.

"No, I don't believe so." he said. "You will have full control of the bank account within 3 business days, and we will want you to be here in another week or so after that, just so you can introduce yourself to the executives here and such." he told her.

"I shall remain on-hand as your official business advisor from outside the company, until you decide otherwise." Hal chimed in.

"And henceforth, my own involvement with this case has ended." Tobias then said. "I was contracted and paid to transition this smoothly, and it seems that has come to an end." he reasoned. "There are plenty of corporate lawyers in this building, but I do know you are friends with Kalin Kiczys. You are obviously free to bring her on retainer if you wish." he went on.

"And that does finish things up." Rohan added.

"Oh! And if you like, you may designate something here as an anchor point, so you can freely use your mana to teleport right here into your office." he then stated. "The only other people that are in here are cleaning staff, and they're only in between 6 and 7 pm, daily, with their own special keycards." he assured her. "So you should never interrupt anything."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 05:53:52 )

"That is definitely good to know." Desiree commentedf with a nod.

"Just, as I did outline before, keep in mind that if there's an emergency that I'm needed for, you're calling Jaden instead." She said as a reminder.

"Or Hal." She added. "Since there is a very real possibility I won't hear the phone ring." She paused, thinking about it for a couple of seconds.

"And emails or texts are fine... if not prefered." Was the last thing she said on that topic with a tap on the headset she wore.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 06:13:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Duly noted." Rohan responded.

"Well, we should be going, then." Hal stated, as Tobias stood up.

"I have actually arranged for my own transport back to my office." he stated. "Miss Desiree, Mister Sharp, it has been an honour to meet you both, and work with you." he stated, shaking their hands.

"I must process this paperwork." Rohan then said. "Welcome to the company, Miss Desiree." he told Desiree, before they exchanged their farewells, and the two left the office, leaving Hal and Desiree there.

"...so..." Hal mumbled.

"Do you wish to grab a bite to eat while we're in Winnipeg, before you head home?" he asked her. "And are you going to create that anchor mana point as well?" he asked her further.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 06:18:07 )

Desiree didn't say anything for a moment before looking around.

"Got any ideas for what?" She asked.

"Because... there's a lot in here that could be used." She wasn't the smartest out there, since she realised that there was a good chance of anything working. However, she still wanted to have the point somewhere kind of central... ish? She didn't think it'd be the best idea if it was the table, so something nearby might have to be best.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 06:39:03 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Hmmm..." Hal mumbled, looking around.

"Well, could be the actual desk where work is done." he said. "Seems like a logical thing..." he went on, before his eyes rested on the... large... gem in the centre of the table.

"Or, if you want to put THAT to some good use, instead of being just some gaudy flex, could use the gem right there." he then suggested, as he got close and looked at the glass enclosing it.

"...seems to be standard glass." he commented, grabbing it and then lifting it right off. "Not connected, either." he went on. "So yeah, if you want this to serve a practical purpose, can use that if you want." he chuckled.

"Beyond that, yeah, best suggestion is check the desk up the stairs." he reiterated.

"Your choice, really."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 06:41:31 )

Desiree paused, grinning.

"Perfect." She stated as she approached.

"Granted, I might sell or donate it later, but vincent's shown me how easy it is to move the signatures from one item to another." She added before smiling.

"Put some of yours in. If you need a break, here's an option. .... or more practically, if I need you for anything."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 07:03:47 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal nodded in response, and pressed his finger to the gem, pausing for a moment as it absorbed some of his mana, and then removed it.

"...wow." he said. "That is... some kinda strong right there." he told her. "Be careful, that might leave you feeling a bit weird afterwards." he warned Desiree further, before sitting down again.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"...this really IS something." he commented, looking around.

"All this is YOURS, Desiree." he told her.

"This company, this... this EMPIRE." he went on.

"You own one of THE largest fashion empires in the WORLD."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 07:31:38 )

"Thanks for the heads up." Desiree said before doing the same, touching the gem. As she did so, Hal was able to see, quite literally, a flash of the very light bluegrey from her wind mana being drained.

"Anyhow, you mentioned food." She commented.

"I'm entirely for it." She paused a moment, thinking about the idea for food.

"Do you have any preferences?" She asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 07:56:57 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Well, it's been a bit." Hal said. "Not sure if either of us have had breakfast, but we're well into the afternoon right now." he went on, scratching at his chin slightly as he thought about it.

"Hmmmmm..." he mumbled.

"Well, how about we find a nice café or something?" he suggested.

"Someplace that may have some nice lunch items." he went on.

"That, or Chinese buffet." he then added. "Depends on how hungry you feel, or how much you want to eat, or if you have any preferences." he continued.

"We can call this a celebratory meal." he then laughed.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 08:05:51 )

Desiree was silent for a moment before chuckling.

"I more meant where." She commented.

"I haven't been here in years." She continued. "And I know you travel for both business and pleasure far more than I do. So I was wondering if you knew anywhere in the area for a good bite to eat." She added.

[b]"If only just because of the fact that it would be easier. I mean, we could probably ask someone here, but... I don't really want to, if I'm being honest.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 08:25:42 )
Forgive, O Lord,

".........oh." Hal mumbled.

"I have an MBA, but damned if it helped with basic comprehension sometimes..." he admitted, smacking his forehead, and then thinking about it a little more, before nodding slightly.

"Last I was here was... oh geez, 6 years ago?" he said.

"But I recall this AMAZING little..." he started to say further, before pausing. "Wait, no." he said. "Japanese. Not good. Seafood." he recalled, thinking once more.

"Oh, well, I also remember a really nice waffle place." he then remembered. "ALL sorts of waffles, will ALL sorts of toppings. Dessert waffles, breakfast waffles, they even did chicken and waffles for a more lunch/dinner option." he told her further.

"Sound good to you?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 08:28:20 )

"Waffles?" Desiree asked with a smirk.

"I'm completely game." She adde.d "I love me some waffles."

"Now, Where and how?" She asked, her voice curious.

"As in who will be taking us there. If me, I'll definitely need to know where."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 08:49:10 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal pondered again for a moment.

"If I recall, it should be about... a half-hour walk from here." he told her. "Or a 5-10 minute drive if we cab it." he continued. "Or, as you said, instantaneous, if we teleport." he chuckled.

"I don't remember the EXACT location or coordinates or whatever, but I DO know there's a park near it, and there's a heavily wooded area in it that we should be able to teleport to safely." he went on.

"If you know the place I'm talking about." he then said.

"If you do, your mana is a little more stealthy than mine, as yours can be mistaken for a stiff breeze." he reasoned.

"If not, I can do it, we'll just need to be extra careful."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 08:55:25 )

"Let's just walk." Desiree suggested.

"I am entirely for that." She added with a light chuckle.

A couple of days later, Desiree returned home from an outing elsewhere. She appeared in the suite, and sighed lightly as she looked at what she had.

"Oh... I hope he takes this well." She said quietly before making her way to the bathroom and hanging what she returned with, or at least part of what she had, on the hooks on the back of the door in there, along with a box near the door, but not in the way.

"... I really hope this goes well." She releated with a sigh before leaving the room and taking what elseshe had to the bedroom. She made sure it was save, before heading to the den to wait.

Jaden had called her earlier, saying he'd be home that day, and she'd put in a reservation for dinner for them for a couple of hours after he got home, so while it wouldn't be an issue if he didn't get back til tomorrow (ignoring the concern element) she still hoped he would be back relatively soon.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 23:03:49 )
Forgive, O Lord,

About 10 minutes after she'd sat down in the den, she saw a portal appear on the other side of the room, in one of the corners, and watched as Jaden stepped out, looking a little haggard and winded, but otherwise okay. He huffed a little, before closing the portal behind him and looking towards Desiree, a small smile on his face.

"Hey." he greeted her, stepping through the den and making his way towards her, almost collapsing beside her on the couch.

"MAN, that was intense." he said, leaning back a little. "Good to be home." he continued, turning his head so he was looking at her. "Good to see you again." he commented quietly.

"So. How are YOU doing?" he asked.

"I admit, with how things have been for the past half a year or so, I was afraid that I'd come home to you being even MORE of a nervous wreck." he admitted. "But if anything, it seems like you've made drastic improvements." he then commented.

"Something happen with Deryck's little threat?" he asked. "Proved to be nothing more than a dying man's attempt to scare you?" he asked further with a light chuckle. "Well, whatever. Just glad the little worm of a weasel isn't continuing to ruin your life." he then added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 23:08:45 )

"...." Desiree was silent, not entirely sure what she was supposed to say here. She knew taht he deserved to know what had happened, but she didn't know how to ... well, tell him.

"Well, I will say this much. We have plans tonight." Desiree told him honestly. "And no. You can't weasel out of this."

"as much as you might want to try. Sorry, but this one is sticking." She shrugged as she set her phone aside.

"... How'd it go?" She asked, her voice curious. "Everything good now?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 23:32:30 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jaden raised an eyebrow.

"...uh?" he muttered, before shaking his head.

"Right." he said. "Firstly, went fine." he told her. "Took some doing, but everything's gravy now." he assured her. "Seriously, it's cool, and odds are won't need to do THAT again for... close to 50 years or so." he continued. "And even then, Mom said she should be able to do it HERSELF at that point, so... yeah, everything's good." he chuckled.

"Secondly, you are confusing and concerning me." he then said.

"We have plans tonight. Ok, cool." he went on. "And... I'm not weaseling out of this? As much as I might want to try...?" he then asked her, before sighing and shaking his head.

"...are Lindsay and I making another 'film'?" he inquired with a small sigh.

"You need to add a new volume to your collection?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/15 23:38:08 )

"What? No!" Desiree exclaimed with a laugh.

"No no. Maybe later, and on that note, I have another person interested in a potential custom one for them. For a pretty penny." She continued.

"If you and him are at all interested." She added before shaking her head.

"Anyway, we have a dinner reservation." She told him. "It's not for a couple of hours, but if you want to get ready and head out now we can. I can rearrange the night, if you'd prefer, as it might be better to make the stop I'm planning first, before dinner. UInless you want a bombshell dropped on you during the meal? Honestly, I have no idea." He could hear how she was a bit nervous about this, but the question was whether or not it was something good... or bad... that she had to say. Was she setting him up for something and something regarding her brother was involved? Was this forced?

.... Was this Desiree a shifter? She wasn't normally this hesitant or nervous, so it really did stand out.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/16 00:00:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jaden was now... even MORE confused.

"I... ah... wha...?" he mumbled.

"You are acting... FAR more nervous about an outing." he told her. "Especially one that's a dinner reservation." he said further. "And a bombshell during dinne? Or before dinner with another stop?" he inquired. "What the hell are you...?" he started to go on, before stopping and squinting his eyes, leaning in closer towards her.

She then saw him sniff her.

"...you're no shifter." he said. "Can't fake THAT mana smell. As well as the eye, come to think of it..." he admitted.

"But seriously, why are you so worked up?" he asked.

"Dinner's cool. I'm all for it." he went on. "I'll make sure I take a shower and am at least clean for it right now." he reasoned.

"...and we'll talk about this custom movie for another party later..." he then added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.