Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Boss Babe

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 22:11:22 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"Should." Leo responded. "I put those together with the stand in mind, anyway." he said further. "Only thing I can say is to try it, and if it doesn't work, I'll need to modify the stand." he continued. "The headphones are essentially the same, as I know you're familiar with them, and admittedly, there's not a lot I can think of to drastically change with them." he then admitted. "Not to brag, but they're some of my finest work." he added at the end with a sheepish chuckle, as he scratched the back of his head.

"And the phone?" Jaden asked.

"Oh! Right." Leo said, snapping his fingers. "Yeah, that's just a straight-up new phone that I modded a bit." he told the, digging into his bag again. He then pulled out a charging cord, a wall adaptor, and a wireless charging pad for said phone. He set them on the table that was in the middle of the room, and gently nudged them over towards Desiree. "You'll need these." he laughed.

"Is she allowed to pay you back for the phone, at least?" Jaden inquired, raising an eyebrow.

"..." Leo was then silent after looking to respond immediately, and then sighed heavily. "All right, all right." he relented. "Desiree, if you feel you MUST pay me back, then I won't refuse being paid back for the phone and modifications I did to it, as well as the charging pad." he told her.

"And how much would that be?" Jaden asked him.

Leo was silent for a moment, before thinking about it, doing the math somewhat, and converting between the currency he was used to, and that used here. "Phone's worth about 600 dollars..." he then mumbled, having managed to do the conversion. "Well, older by one iteration now, so knock it down to 550..." he corrected himself. "Modifications total about 75... charging pad costs 50 bucks..." he went on, nodding slightly. "So the total is about $675." he concluded.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 22:40:21 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Full grand. Gotcha." Desiree confirmed with a nod.

"Also, these sounds just as good as before. I don't think I can pick up on more clarity with how these Are now." She added with a light laugh. "But thank you. I'll let you know about the charging stand later, once I kno."

'Just... thank you, Leo." Desiree added, her sincerity and gratitude More than a little evident.

"Don't let me keep you here longer than you have time for, though." She added after a moment.

"We'll have to set up a dinner date, sit and properly catch up." She then said before sighing.

"But yeah, I won't keep you. If you wish to hang out for a bit, you're free to, or you can leave. Don't feel you have to hang around for any reason other than you want to."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 23:10:30 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Leo looked ready to argue with Desiree on her 'full grand' conclusion, but she just continued to speak, and by the time she allowed him to get a word in, the conversation had already moved onto something else completely, and he knew it would be awkward to try and backpedal to what she said she was paying back. So he just sighed, groaned, shook his head, and let out a heavy breath.

"Firstly, a dinner date sounds like a wonderful idea." he told her with a smile.

"Secondly, just... let me know if you have any issues of problems or troubles or whatever." he said.

"I just stopped by to drop these off, and to see you again." he told her. "You're looking well, and I hope things get moving back to their usual soon." he told her further.

"We can only try." Jaden responded.

"Indeed." Leo agreed. He then stepped closer, and he and Desiree hugged each other once more, before he took a few steps back and disappeared from where he was, leaving Jaden and Desiree alone once more.

"Well, you're back to normal, tech-wise, at least." Jaden commented.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/12 23:17:44 )

Desiree nodded, not sure what to say for the moment, entirely.

"At least there is that." She commented, agreeing with him. That wasn't something that she could deny anyway.

"Deryck's last words were a promise.... of trouble." She then said, not even a minute later.

"He promised that I'd get what's coming to me before throwing that crystal dagger at me." There was something to her voice, something he likely didn't expet. It wasn't quite acceptance, but cloe.

She'd deal with it when it came, but she was scared. It wouldn't be hard to guess, Desiree was scared of whatever was to come.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 00:01:15 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jaden was silent for a moment, before reaching forward and placing a hand atop one of hers.

"Desiree." he said. "Whatever that means... whatever he has planned... you don't have to deal with it alone." he told her. "When I fell in love with you... when I said I would spend the rest of my life with you... I knew what that meant. I knew that your family was the way it was. And I still hold true to those words." he said further. "I don't know what he could have planned, and to worry about it would be a recipe to go insane... but just know that I don't care about what he has planned, as far as my own safety goes." he went on.

"So please don't think you need to stay away, or strike out on your own, or distance yourself from me." he implored. "For all we know, that is part of his plan." he told her. "Or maybe he said that JUST to make you worry about something that won't even be coming." he then said further. "We don't know, and there's no real way we CAN know." he stated.

"But... don't feel you need to shoulder this alone." he restated.

"I'm here for you. So is Leo. So is Mom. Your dad is as well. Vincent, and everyone." he smiled softly.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 02:27:44 )

Desiree nodded. She knew what he said was true, and she hadn't been considering taking off for a bit. She just hadn't properly had a chance to let out what sshe knew she was feeling because of it, and needed too.

"I know."[b] She assured him.

[b]"I just... I do know that. However, don't be surprised if I'm looking over my shoulder more than usual."
She continued.

"I know he could very well have said that just to get a reaction out of me. However, I also know that he was a worm and could very well have something set up to happen upon his death."] She added/

"And that's why it scare me. I know how he was."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 02:49:43 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jaden sighed deeply again.

"Yeah." he said. "Admittedly, I don't know him nearly as well as you do... or did... or whatever... but I DO know he wasn't stupid." he continued. "He was sly, he was sneaky, and that was scary stuff. He knew what to say as well to get to people. I guess it's why this threat can't just be dismissed, or 100% taken seriously as fact." he went on. "...which makes it worse." he muttered.

"I'll tell my Mom this." he then told her. "With luck, she'll have some ears to the ground and such, and maybe we'll pick up on any possible schemes that may be coming to fruition." he reasoned.

"It just sucks." he then said. "One would have hoped that, after your brother had been removed from the picture, things could finally calm down for you. But no. He HAD to say pretty much the ONE thing that prevents that." he lamented.

"Sadly, there's no way to find out, either. Souls have secrets as well, we can't force it out of him through the afterlife. Only one that COULD do that is Liz, and... pretty sure she gives zero fucks about what WE worry about and such..." he mumbled further.

"So looks like we're stuck weathering this out together." he finished with a light chuckle.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 02:57:50 )

Desiree nodded.

"I know." She said simply.

"Thank you. So so much." She added. There was sincerity to her voice, and a calmness too. She meant those words, but the question was what she was thanking him for. It could be a few things, after all.

"What for?" Jaden asked, his tone and face inquisitive. He was always happy to help, but wasn't sure what the expected reaction was at the moment. So, he had to ask.

"... For caring. You were worried when I was gone, you're worried about what will happen now, and just... you worried, you care. I know I don't say it too terribly much, but thank you." was Desirees response.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 03:17:18 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jaden was a bit stunned at her response. To him, it seemed only natural that he would care as he did, and he was about to say it... before he realised and remembered that Desiree had spent a lot of her life with that being rare for her. At the very least, her early life was spent with that being a rarity, so it meant she appreciated it FAR more as an adult, now what she had it.

So he just smiled in response.

"You're welcome." he said. "I know you feel the same way about me." he went on. "And how I feel isn't going to be changing for a long... LONG time." he promised her.

"I love you, and I just want what's best for you. Or at least, I want to do the very best I can to make things all right in your world." he told her. "Failing that, I'll always try my damndest to get as close as I can." he added sincerely.

"For now... you're safe here. In this apartment. With me. Right now." he then said.

"So just concentrate on that. We'll take it one day at a time."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 03:35:43 )

Desiree nodded.

"I had, admittedly, hoped that his death would allow me to actually, you know, breathe." She admitted. "But no. He had to go and ruin that for me too." There was some exasperation to her voice, and it was extremely easy to tell.

"And I know that you won't be leaving. I truly appreciate it, too. However, I'm still going to thank you, because you don't have to put yourself out like that." She continued.

"No one wants to be in such a position. SAdly, some of us just have no choice."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 04:02:35 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jaden silently sighed, before getting closer and wrapping an arm around her, pulling her closer to him. When he did, he smiled a little and gently kissed her on the cheek, before thinking about it.

"Tell you what." he said. "For tonight, let's just relax." he suggested. "After all, this will be your first night home in a week or so." he said further. "So let's just chill, maybe watch a movie or something." he suggested.

"And we'll order in." he told her further.

"Whatever you want, from wherever you want." he offered. "Seriously. You name it." he went on. "Sky's the limit, whatever you want that you think might help you feel better." he continued.

"Feel like having anything in particular?" he asked her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 04:13:11 )

"Not sure off hand." Desiree admitted.

"But I would love a bite to eat." She added. "Both, actually. She added after a moment or two.

"What do we have here in store?"She knew he'd realise what it was that she was asking for. She was a vampire, and while she did regularly utilise the serum to make her appear as human, she hadn't a chance to refresh that in awhile.

And she was quite hungry.

"Because I really do need both."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 04:40:19 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jaden thought about it, trying to recall.

"Hmmm." he mumbled. "We've got A-positive, A-negative, B-positive, O-positive, and some AB-positive." he think. "Not sure on the O, though." he then admitted to her. "And as for actual food, I'll just go with a classic standby and get pizza." he told her. "One for you, one for me, and a side of those breadsticks I know you like." he chuckled.

"And then we'll channel surf until we find something to waste time on!" he declared.

For the next while, time seemed to move slowly for Desiree. She was a little on the paranoid side, always looking over her shoulder when she went out, and nobody was finding ANYTHING in terms of a plot that Deryck had in motion. Nothing. But nobody had any idea as to how long-term Deryck would be planning, which didn't allow Desiree to relax at all while she went on. At times, Jaden was scared she would become a recluse, but the thought of perhaps that was Deryck's plan of revenge for her caused her to not be like that. Barely.

7 months had passed with her like this, and at the moment, Jaden was out getting some things for them. Specifically, he was getting some liquid sustenance for them, as they were getting pretty low. However, he would also be gone for a night or two, as he needed to help his mother out with something for the Triad. It was rare, but not unheard of... and it meant she was home alone for the next couple of days.

She was pacing a little, wondering what to do with herself, when the comm by the door buzzed, causing her to jump slightly. Someone was at the entrance to the building, and wished to contact her. She cleared her throat, forced herself to calm down slightly, and made her way to the speaker, pushing the button to allow communication.

"Yes?" she asked, almost hesitantly.

"Am I speaking to Desiree McCormick?" a male voice responded.

"Yes..." Desiree responded nervously.

"My name is Tobias Conroy, of the Conroy-Knox law firm." the man introduced himself. Desiree knew that name, but only because her friend Kalin was a lawyer. And she knew that the name of the person and firm checked out. They were a VERY reputable firm, and Kalin had nothing but positive things to say about them. In the 100+ years they operated, from one generation passing it down to the next, they were a firm that anyone could and would trust.

"I have some documents for you, Miss McCormick." he added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 04:50:05 )

Desiree was silent when she heard the buzz, and then again with the words that were spoken.

"Ah, oh. All right then." She said simply. She started. "Do you know where you're going? She then asked.

"I do." Was Tobias' response.

"All right. Just make your way up then." Desiree said. After he agreed, she buzzed him in, before sighing.

Documents? What the hell was this about now? She had absolutely no idea what it was that was going, but she was curious. However, she was also extremely uneasy about this.

Was Jaden serving her for something or other?"[/b] he wondered before shaking her head. It was almost impossible for her to truly believe that was what was hhappening. Jaden would never.

All's he could do, was wait, and try and keep her nerves a bit more contained. Once she heard the knock on the door, she approached and opened it to see the one she was expecting.

"Please, come in." She said, stepping out of the way so he could do so.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 05:10:25 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The man looked to be as professional as one would expect. He was a Caucasian man, standing at about 5'9'', wearing a dark blue business suit with a white dress shirt underneath, and black dress shoes as well. The only thing that really stood out about him was the fact that his black hair had blonde-frosted tips. He looked at her with his light green eyes, before nodding and stepping inside, allowing her to close the door.

"Before we start." Tobias said. "I will require proof that you are who you say you are.' he told her. "If you would be so kind as to present some form of official government I.D, please?" he asked.

Desiree nodded and fetched her health card, birth certificate, and her provincial I.D, handing all three over to the man. He looked them over, seemingly scrutinising every last corner of them, before nodding.

"Very good." he said, handing them back. "Please, let us sit." he told her. She nodded again, and the two made their way to the living room, sitting across from each other, a table in the middle. Once they did so, he set his leather briefcase onto the table, used a special tiny key to unlock both locks on it, and opened it up with a snap. He then produced a piece of paper from within.

"I am here on behalf of Mister Deryck Niell " he informed her, Niell being her and Deryck's mother's maiden name, before she got involved with their father... and after they had split. "This is a rare instance, but upon his insistence, and in accordance with his final wishes, I am here to perform a reading of his last will and testament." he finished.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 05:22:39 )

Desiree honestly had no idea what to make of that.

"I... .what?" She asked.

"Not... not sure you should be here then." She told him honestly. She couldn't believe there would be anything good coming from this, and was rather certain it would be all horrible. However, she also realised that she shouldn't just completely deny this, she would at least hear him out.

Even if she was admittedly a bit jaded about it and was certain that this would not be good for her.

"... all right then." She said.

"Would you like something to drink?" She then asked, her voice curious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 05:46:41 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"If you are offering, I will not be so rude as to refuse." Tobias responded. "Just some water please, though." he then said. Desiree nodded and went to the kitchen, getting him a glass of water with ice in it, and bringing it back to him, bringing her own drink as well.

"Thank you." he said to her, taking a small drink, and then setting the glass down, making sure to use a coaster. "And I assure you, Miss McCormick, I am exactly where I am supposed to be." he then assured her, before clearing his throat and looking at the piece of paper. With that, he began to speak.

He quoted the will verbatim, citing everything that needed to be cited, being clear with his enunciation, and although Desiree was no lawyer, herself, she was getting the gist of it. Or, at least... she thought she was. She couldn't have been. Because if what she was understanding was correct, then her brother had left her as the sole inheritor of ALL of his assets, liquid and otherwise. EVERYTHING. No matter how she tried to wrap her mind around it, that is what Tobias was saying... that is what her brother's last will and testament were saying.

Tobias then reached the end of the legal document, cleared his throat once more, and took another drink of water, before looking over towards the woman.

"I realise that this is highly unorthodox, as will readings are extremely rare in this day and age, and normally you would have been called ahead for this, and everything would have been prepared in advance for this, with you meeting myself at our office." he told her. "However, as Mr. Niell's executor of his will, I acted in accordance with his last wishes. And he specifically demanded that there be a will reading, it be done at your domicile, and you were to have no ahead warning of it." he explained. "Eccentric, maybe. But our firm has had stranger requests, I admit." he then added.

"I'm sure you have questions, though." he went on. "Feel free to air them now, as I'm sure this is a little overwhelming." he reasoned.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 07:06:08 )

"Questions? Overwhelming?" Desiree asked before sighing.

"Just one." She then said before pausing a moment.

".... why? As in, was a reason given why he wanted me to benefit, at all, from his death?" She asked, her voice curious, inquisitive. There was no way for her to guess what the reasoning could be, and she wouldn't lie... she wasn't entirely convinced that this wasn't all just to pull the rug out from under her. There had to be a caveat that hadn't been covered, maybe it was at the company.

And even then, she wasn't entirely sure if she wanted to properly trust this, just because of that. It wouldn't be unlike him to lace something else in to cause problems, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 01:17:01 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Tobias shook his head.

"Mr. Niell's rationalisations, motives, and reasons are unknown to even us." he lamented. "Whatever his reasons were for this, it seems he took them to the grave..." he went on, before pausing.

"Though THIS may offer some answers." he told her, taking a sealed envelope out of the briefcase, and handing it to her. On it, Desiree saw her name, and writing stating that it was to be opened by her at the time of the reading of his will.

And ONLY her.

"We have scanned it for any sort of tricks or traps or anything." Tobias assured her. "It's been shaken, scanned, tested, the works. All that seems to be in there is a slip of paper, and smaller thicker piece of paper." he finished.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 01:57:25 )

Desiree looked to the envelope before sighing.

"Well, that's a thing, I suppose." She commented after a moment or two, not entirely sure what all she was supposed to make of that. It wasn't so much that she didn't trust the envelope, it was more that she wasn't sure what the point was. Was there really more that could be said there? More she was to be told?

Tobias had already told her that she now owned the company that their mother had started, that she was never meant to have. She couldn't help but wonder why it was that she was given, left, what she was, however, she was going to complain.

At least not yet.

".... I'll read this later." She then said after a moment or two. "If it was meant for just me, then I will keep it as just me." Followed a few seconds later.

"And I will make plans to head out to Winnipeg to take care of the business things that you mentioned, as well." She assured him with a nod.

"Do let me know when you are going." Tobias said. "It was requested that I was there, as I said, to act as the legal element." Desiree nodded.

"Of course." She said. "I just need to contact a friend of mine who has far more knowledge regarding business than I could hope to understand for the moment."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.