Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What have you been up to lately?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 14:14:47 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah but I'm going to give it my best still ( ͒ ́ඉ .̫ ඉ ̀ ͒) 

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 23:33:17 )

Please ping!! I am a busy mom and tend to get lost~

@Totalanimefan: Maybe he doesn't like the cold? Could make him ache. Maybe doggy pads would help.
*^* Yeah it was nice and well needed. I've been so stressed with everything that it felt like a break. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 00:23:26 )

@Purpsy: Awesome. Your avatar looks really cute by the way! I really like the spring look
@PoeticTorment: He won't go in doggy pads. I've tried them in three different household and I even got the ones with the pheromones to make him want to pee on it.
That sounds nice. I'm sad that the weekend is coming to a close. Feels like it just started.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 00:40:32 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh dear. What a silly pup. *^*
Yeah, fully with you on that.
Plus, I'm not looking forward to monday since my doctor is gonna call.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 00:50:14 )

@PoeticTorment: You ok? Or just a check up?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 01:03:47 )

@Totalanimefan: I went in for the thyroid pain with swelling and being constantly tired, cold, and such that I've been dealing with. They did a blood work up to see what's causing it so they're just going to call to talk about my blood test results. But the results are already posted on the website and they show normal levels for everything except three or four so it'll mean either going back in for more blood work or whatever else needed or do nothing depending on the doctor. *^*;; I was hoping there wouldn't be any guesswork since thyroid issues run in my family. Then he also checked for diabetes and other issues that may cause it that also runs in my family. So I'm just unsure what to do.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 01:12:13 )

@PoeticTorment: I would be pretty stressed too, but the Dr will tell you what it all means tomorrow and then you can go from there. You will be ok ^^

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 01:23:20 )

@Totalanimefan: I know, I just can't help it atm. I'm honestly terrified of doctors/clinics so I try to avoid them but I can't handle the pain and such anymore. That and I worry I wasted their time if there's seems nothing wrong thanks to how some of my family is. Like they'd go to doctors for paper cuts so the doctors back in my hometown ignore anyone in our family most days. The doctor here was really nice though so I felt a little more comfortable speaking with him. I just don't want to feel like a bother. *^*;;

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 01:44:12 )

@PoeticTorment: I'd be the same way, so it's like like I'm telling you off. I get really nervous around Drs and I don't like going to them either. I had a really bad experience as a teen and ever since I've been pretty afraid to go.
And don't worry about wasting their time. it's just as important to have a record of when your health was good as when it was bad. If your health changes in the future they have past data to help them with their diagnosis. It's very important to Drs. (I have nurses and Drs in my family).

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 02:02:02 )

@Totalanimefan: Ah, you too? I've always been told to deal with it so it's nice to know I'm not the only one. That type of fear is hard to get over. *^*;
Oh, never thought about it that way! That makes me feel a bit better. Thanks for that. I guess it also helps since it writes out those issues too, now that I think about it.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 02:26:36 )

@PoeticTorment: People are such assholes when it comes to this sort of thing. People try to invalidate my feelings about it too, but it doesn't matter what they say. What matters is that you feel uncomfortable and they just need to understand that (trust me I didn't used to feel that way, it was only after therapy that I learned that)
There are bad drs and good drs. Most of them actually do want to help us, there are just some that have bad days or don't like their job and the lack of empathy and understanding on their part leads to trauma on our part.
Oh yeah data for them is really important. Tests don't always just come back yes or no and sometimes learning what it wrong takes a lot of figuring out. So past data is good for them.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 03:19:53 )

@Totalanimefan: Very true! And it makes it harder for those like us because of that. Thank you for pointing that out cause I never heard any of that before. *^*

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 06:12:25 )

@PoeticTorment: you’re welcome. I only learned this through therapy lol. It’s not something that one can really learn on their own.
It doesn’t mean your worries are solved but I feel like half the puzzle there. And now that you have the knowledge because you can do some soul searching and try to overcome the fear or at least make it bearable. We will never be like ‘normal’ people at the Drs but we can try and manage our fears.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 06:28:59 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I wouldn't have learned that. *^*; That's true! And I'm sure the people there would feel more relaxed too if not showing panic. Going into the lab had a few people come over to talk with me to help keep me calmer since I apparently looked flustered. (I hate blood tests) X'D They were so nice.

Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 07:15:39 )

@PoeticTorment: it’s so important that you have medical staff that understands that you are different than their other patients. They need to go slow with you and explain what is happening. If they can’t do that then someone else needs to.
I always take my husband with me for the Drs.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 13:48:05 )
To find a job.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 15:11:13 )

@Totalanimefan: Well I just finished watching CCS yesterday. Time to start watching Clear Card some time this week.
And thanks! I love the colour scheme on yours as well ^w^

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 16:32:36 )

@StarBoy: I feel that. I might be starting a job this week.
@Purpsy: nice! Is this your first time watching it?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 16:42:02 )
@Totalanimefan: cool, I hope in march

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 16:42:51 )

@StarBoy: I hope you get it! What kind of job would it be?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.