Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries SECRET ART EXCHANGE 2020 [gifts posted!]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 19:21:04 )

ohh that's a good idea zuzu! I'm glad you hopped on voltra at just the right time to catch this haha

@Wildfire: IM SORRY for another ping but I just wanna make sure you don't miss out if you wanted to sign-up, since deadline is close

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 20:01:26 )

@Hachi: I should. It’s just your thread reminds me lol
Yesterday I just walked around a lot outside in different walkable neighborhoods in DC. I got a chai latte and breakfast sandwich. Are it outside and then walked over 6 miles. Lol
At sunset I stopped by Logan circle and it was nice to see people out walking their dogs or having a picnic.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 20:07:24 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

im so excited for this as its my first time participating

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 02:00:29 )

@Totalanimefan: haha good, I'll keep reminding you then ;3c I wanna sign up for the secret santa but I gotta see how much funds I have left after the giveaway for this thread haha

that sounds nice! chai is my favorite tea
do you plan your walks or is it more like a in-the-moment exploration thing?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 02:01:50 )

@eyry: thanks for signing up e!!

@Moodyb: I'm excited for you! it will be a lot of fun. my favorite is at the end when everyone gets to see all the art, there's so much anticipation!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 02:20:39 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Hachi: For real. I remember doing one a long time ago on a site that is no longer a site lol.
But super excited for my first voltra secret art exchange!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 02:28:08 )

@Hachi: You have like 3 weeks to get the other person a gift. ^^ No pressure though.
I love Chai tea too! This one was made from scratch and oh boy was it strong. I've never had such a strong chai before. It was enough to keep you warm haha.
I would say it's more like an in the moment thing. I knew that I wanted to get out but then seeing and walking to different neighborhoods was on the fly.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 04:06:55 )
of course :>

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 07:11:56 )

@Totalanimefan: ahh I know but Im worried I wont be able to rack up enough volts in that time ALDKFJ I don't post much when there's no event
I've never had chai from scratch before I wanna try.. I wonder how strong it'd be without the milk
that's cool! do you know the area really well or do you just kinda let yourself get lost a lil ahaha

@Moodyb: yeah I remember doing art exchanges on avatar sites waaaaay back in the day. I missed it so that's why this one exists!
everyone in this community puts so much effort into their gifts, I'm always impressed

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 16:41:13 )

@Hachi: Why not? You don't have anywhere to hangout? :(
It was really, really strong even with milk. It was burning as it went down. They used fresh ginger. If I get it again I'll have it ask for it a little less strong.
I would say that I know DC ok. Pretty well for a new person but that's because I've been here for vacation a few times for cons and then always explored the city after. There are plenty of neighborhoods that I haven't been so since the con is always in the same place. I know the area around the con pretty well and a few neighborhoods that are near it. I went to two new neighborhoods on Saturday.
On Sunday I booked a tour to see a condo. The photos were really nice but it was much darker of a space in person and we also realized that it would be really easy for someone to look through the windows since it was on the ground floor. Then I walked about 4.5 miles total just being outside cause it's nice.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 16:41:31 )

Did you do anything this weekend?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 17:16:18 )
I'm doing this... really!
Just no time to fill out the form!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 17:47:10 )

@Totalanimefan: mmm Im just not a very chatty person haha
it's easier when the thread is moving fast, I find it easier for me to slide into conversations that way ;3c

mm I love ginger in tea.. it can be very soothing, but yeah too much and it'll be too spicy haha

oh? are you thinking of moving to a new place? the lighting can make a huge difference. I remember visiting some friends' apts and it felt dreary bc they got no sunlight. altho I imagine it might be cooler in the summer.

ahh no.. just tried to get some work done. the deadlines are approaching so it's crunch time haha

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 17:50:59 )

Update:
I had something come up at work so I won't be able to send pairings out until December 2nd. That also means I'll be extending the sign-up deadline one additional day, to the end of the day on December 1st.
sorry for the inconvenience I'll try to send out assignments as early as possible on the 2nd so hopefully not too much time was lost

@Wildfire: maybe this will help you out a bit ;3c the form is very short, I promise haha

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 17:52:30 )

@Hachi: That's a good point. I feel like we always have good convos. ^^
I could really go for some boba tea today. T_T
That ginger was coming at me hot and fast just like 2020 T-T

I love my current apartment and I'm not looking to move soon but I want to get a feel for the area. It's hard to find something as good as what I got going on right now so. So that part is tough. I'm right next to the metro, and it's not that far away from the bike trails. There are two grocery stores and a Costco I can walk to, a decent enough amount of places near me for a quick dinner too. (If I don't want to cook). Plus the apartment and building itself is very nice here.

When is your deadline :vanora_shock:

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 18:07:56 )
@Hachi: Yes, maybe, but you're going to make me think about what I want and what I don't want and what I will draw and what I won't draw and ... stuff... aren't you? And my poor brain just isn't up to all that thinking right now (but my deadline should be completed soon-ish and I'll be able to think about it then :3 ).

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 20:08:57 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Hachi: I am super happy that you made this thread as it's overall
such a nice gesture.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/30 23:11:31 )

Gonna be a fun year of arts i think . ^^

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 02:31:07 )
Yeah, I hope it is *nods*

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/1 02:52:41 )
ahhh so hyped to know who I will draw for!!!!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.