Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Breaking Point

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 02:47:35 )

"Better than before, but not exactly good." Ashleigh answered.

"Still numb as all get out, and my mana is on the fritz, but as I said, better than before." She added.

"The medics here are fucking brilliant."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 03:08:29 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, you should be on your feet in due time." Nate told her. "You'll need a little physical therapy and rehabilitation, but we feel you'll be as good as new within 6 months." he continued.

"Possibly sooner, depending on how fast you heal and such." he told her further.

"And yes, we pride ourselves on our jobs." he added with a small smile. "Though probably not as good as Candentus Lux." he then added.

"Must have been a hell of a time at that complex." he commented.

"To massively understate it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 03:13:05 )

"Let's just say that you guys can't top Emma, no matter how hard you may try." Ashleigh commented with a knowing smirk.

"And the complex? All I'm going to say in regards to that is that my sister was a cold, conniving, and despicable woman." She said with a heavy sigh. "I never thought she was that far gone, however... I can't say I'm surprised. Even other elves had forsaken her before they were largely eradicated."

"It's a shame, really. She was the last pure dark elf out there."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 03:39:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...guess they well and truly are extinct now." Nate commented.

"At least in the sense of purity." he clarified.

"Anyway, just so you know, everyone made it out alive, and the rescue mission was a success." he told her.

"The complex is blocked off so nobody can enter." he continued.

"And those that were left alive that were her cronies have been taken in by the Triad and Council." he informed her.

"Also, from what I hear, that nexus is repairing and healing nicely already."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 03:40:52 )

"Good." was all Ashleigh said before sighing.

"At least there weren't any other lives lost after that." She added after a few seconds.

"Anyhow, anything I can do for you while you're here?" She asked, her voice curious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 03:59:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Anything YOU can do?" Nate asked.

"Just concentrate on recuperating and healing up." he told her.

"We've been in contact with Candentus Lux, and when you're well enough, you'll be transferred to their medical wing to finish up your treatment and such." he then said further.

With that information, Ashleigh knew there was a good chance that Nate's estimate of 6 months for her recovery would likely be cut down to 2 months or so. Solely because of Emma.

"Oh yes, there anyone you wish to speak to or ask questions about what happened at the complex?" he asked.

"Everyone is doing well, and can visit if you like."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:41:22 )

Ashleigh just smirked as Nate mentioned she'd be sent to the guild once she was good enough. She knew that her boss would talk to the medic and get her recovery bumped up a lot.

"Oh... Ash. He's probably fretting over me." She said after a few seconds.

"So I would like to put his mind at ease."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:44:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Got it." Nate responded.

"I'll send word to him." he told her.

"Oh, and the djinn that was under your sister's command has been freed, from what I've heard." he then said.

"Legitimately freed." he went on.

"So she's her OWN master now, and is staying here until she can catch up with the world."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 04:47:00 )

"Oh, they did find Evona? I'll admit, I wasn't sure she'd be easy to find." Ashleigh commented.

"But... good. She didn't deserve some of the hell that I witnessed her being put through." She added after a moment or two before sighing.

"Wouldn't be surprised if she stays here. Seems like a decent place. I can't say for certain, obviously."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 05:12:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah, it seemed that Christopher had a flash of knowledge, and knew where to find her container." Nate responded.

"After that, he wished for... well, he wished everyone there fighting against Vanessa would have an edge, he wished all her cronies unconscious..." he told her. "Apparently he also wished for you to be safely brought to the surface after you defeated your sister." he went on.

"Wished for you all to be teleported here... just...seems he made a load of wishes to save everyone and end Vanessa's plans." he explained.

"...oh, and from what I heard, he was the one that wished her free." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 05:17:32 )

"Huh." was all Ashleigh said in response, not knowing what to make of all that.

"He's really trying to change people's opinions of him." She then said.

"Who knows how it's going to go for him."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 05:39:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...we may find out soon." Nate responded quietly.

"Seems the Council and Triad are deliberating what his fate should be as we speak." he told her. "Though, it may take a while before a decision is made." he then said further.

"They're more focused on Vanessa's former cronies and such." he reasoned.

"I don't know if Chris's recent deeds and good behaviour will pay off, but... we'll see." he sighed.

"Though Ayla is seemingly getting off very lightly, seeing as she's been deemed as yet another of Vanessa's victims coerced and manipulated by both Vanessa AND her brother." he went on. "And her direct involvement with Vanessa's crimes has been minimal."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 05:47:32 )

"Well, that's fair. She was largely there just for maintenance and such." Ashleigh commented. "As far as I'm aware, anyway."

"Anytime I saw her... she may as well have had her soul torn out by a Fyrane." She added after a moment or two.

"So... I really am happy to hear that she won't be getting such a strong sentence or anything."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 06:12:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Knowing that, I am as well." Nate admitted.

"A shame about her voice, though." he then sighed. "Nothing we could do for her, and seems there was nothing that djinn could do for her." he went on. "It angers me to think about it." he muttered.

"But she'll never speak again, regrettably." he lamented.

"Chris said the djinn did SOMETHING for her, but she told him it would 'take time'." he then said.

"...whatever that meant." he shrugged.

"But we've seen no improvements or changes in her, so... who knows."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 06:18:32 )

Ashleigh was silent before pausing a moment.

"... was anything more specific than that said?" She asked.

"Not at all. She just said that she 'did what she could, and that it would take time.'" Nate answered. Ashleigh just chuckled lightly.

"I don't know for certain, but I have my suspicions."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 06:38:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Uh... all right then." Nate responded.

"I won't pry." he said.

"Anyway, we'll keep a lookout on you and such, and if your progress is as it has been, you should be transferred to Candentus Lux next week." he told her. "Dr. Edwards is consulting and talking with your head medic over the phone as we speak, so we'll have more concrete info by the end of the day." he added.

"Welp, I'm done here, so I'm going to tell Ash that he can visit you here." he then told her.

"Oh, what do you want for dinner?" he asked.

"We'll have it brought in for you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 06:42:34 )

"Good to know." Ashleigh said simply before pausing.

"As for food, steak or something else that can be server more rare. I'd say bleeding if that wasn't a health hazard." She commented with a light laugh, which ended in a wince.

"Oof, ouch." She muttered.

"Anyway, if rare meat is doable, I'd really appreciate it. Or I can get Ash to bring me dinner."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 07:04:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, we can do rare steaks here." he told her, before pausing.

"...but we're limited to beef." he then said. "We have a wide variety of things to choose from, but we don't usually stock exotic meats and such." he admitted to her further.

"So if you want some food that's more rare or exotic, you may need to get Ash to bring it to you." he went on.

"If beef's okay, then yeah, we'll have it brought here no problem." he smiled.

"And yeah, careful on the laughing." he then said.

"You're still very much healing."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 07:06:14 )

"I noticed." Ashleigh commented, relating to his laugh comment.

"I'll see what Ash has at home." She then said.

"Anyway, wanna send him in? I want to put his mind at ease."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 07:26:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Of course." Nate responded with a nod.

He then left the room, and she was alone for only a little more than 5 minutes, before there was a knock on he door and Ash poked his head in.

"Ashleigh?" he said.

"Heard you're awake and stuff." he commented.

Given that Nate probably waited for about a minute until calling, and given how long the conversation would have lasted, and getting through the security check and making his way down here... Ashleigh surmised that Ash dropped everything and came here immediately when he heard she was awake.

"How ya doin'?" he asked, stepping inside.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.