Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Breaking Point

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 12:59:51 )

The djinn was silent as Hazel just seemed to be just shutting in on herself.

"Probably." was her answer. There was no attitude to her voice, or anything. It was merely a statement, an answer. If he were to ask for something, she could most likely help her out a lot, yes. It all depended on what it was that was asked of her - specifically.

"You have but to ask." She added.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 22:46:17 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"I.., uh..." Chris stammered.

"I wish..." he started to say, before pausing.

He knew about djinns. He knew that wording was everything. He knew that if he worded something wrong, then chances were that things would be made even WORSE in some way.

But Hazel needed help, and she needed it quickly.

He then snapped his fingers.

"I wish that Hazel wasn't freaking out like this and shutting in on herself!" he told her.

Surely a wish for that wouldn't backfire... right?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 23:45:49 )

The djinn didn't say anything before just snapping her fingers. Almost immediately, Hazel collapsed into a heap on the floor, unconscious but still very much alive.

"It is done." the djinn stated simply as she cross her arms again.

His wording had been pretty vague, and as a result, she chose how it was down. This was the easiest and most effective. If he wasn't happy with it, he needed to learn how to word things properly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/8 00:12:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Chris was silent as this happened, before sighing.

"Damn it." he cursed.

"What I get for having no experience with djinns." he muttered.

"Whatever." he then said.

"I wish to know how things are going with those fighting against Vanessa, and those finding the agent that I had to leave behind here." he told her.

"...and I wish you'd put on something less demeaning. Whatever you feel like wearing." he then added, figuring she'd want out of what Vanessa had her in.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/8 00:17:01 )

Sure enough, she brought her hands up, snapped her fingers, and Chris had a rush of information. If he'd been capable of paying attention to her as that onslaught of info happened, he'd have watched her form be stripped down before her clothes were formed out of the same sand that it seemed was her usual gimmick with magic. However, this time she was wearing something far more sensible. Hip hugger jeans, combat boots, a tank top and a leather vest.

"It is done. You might have a bit of a headache." She told him with a bit of a smirk. That much information all that once? Not likely to be pleasant.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/8 00:35:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris collapsed onto the ground, grasping at his head and trying his best not to yell out in pain. He writhed on the ground for a few seconds, before breathing heavily, panting repeatedly, trying to catch his breath.

"...ow... ow... ow..." he mumbled.

"Okay... going well..." he said. "Especially with the boosts..." he went on, before gently shaking his head.

"But not with the agent..." he then realised, before looking at the djinn.

"I wish for the regenerator agent to be rendered unconscious until Vanessa dies." he wished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/8 01:00:44 )

The djinnd idn't say anything, merely snapped her fingers before nodding.

"It is done." she told him simply.

"Anything else?" She asked, her voice curious, if not a bit scathing. She wasn't happy about anyone having her, but that wasn't anything too surprising. All those like her wanted freedom, it's why they tended to be such assholes. Or at least part of the reasoning.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/8 01:10:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Uh, yeah, actually." Chris responded.

"But... not a wish." he said further.

"...who are you?" he asked. "Like... okay, that was a mega question." he then admitted.

"Let's... let's start with the basics." he went on.

"What's your name?" he asked her.

"And... is it all right if I refer to you as such, assuming you tell me?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/8 01:16:06 )

"I have a name that you'd likely butcher." She answered plainly.

"However, for those that are not of the same kind of being as I am, I go by Evona." She added.

"Although whomever owns me can call me whatever they wish."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/8 01:39:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....right..." Chris mumbled.

"...hey..." he then said.

"Is freeing you a simple task?" he asked her.

"Like, are there any hoops I need to jump through, any wording I need to be specific of, or is it merely a case of wishing for your freedom?" he asked further.

"Because... well... I'll do it." he told her.

"Once this place is gone, and the nexus is restored to how it once was, I'll... yeah, I'll wish for your freedom." he went on.

"Sound good?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/8 01:41:38 )

"That would be entirely your choice." was all Evona said in response to that.

"However, I do believe that there are more immediate concerns that need to be handled." She added after another second or two.

"What do you plan to do about the nexus here?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/8 02:00:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris just thought for a moment.

"Well..." he said. "Once Vanessa is dead, her influence should fade from everything's she's touched." he reasoned. "If we leave the nexus alone after she's dead, then it should right itself... decently quickly." he went on. "...and besides, meddling further with it by trying to right it would probably end up making things worse, anyway." he then sighed.

"So... actually, once Vanessa's dead, and this place demolished... I'll free you." he told her.

He then made his way to the door and looked around.

"...hm." he muttered. "Wait, I need a way to let everyone know what's going on..." he then said. "...and NOT a way that's abusing your wish-granting power." he added, looking at Evona.

"Ah, the P.A. system." he remembered, before making his way to Vanessa's desk and getting ready to press the button, before pausing.

"...ok, ONE last wish." he told her.

"I wish ALL of Vanessa's cronies in this complex to suddenly go unconscious." he wished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/8 02:22:14 )

Evona was silent before snapping her fingers. Even Chris felt the mana, the effects from it, as he had for so long been one of her toys. However, he was able to fight it off, and it didn't try too hard with him.

"It is done." She said simply.

---

Vanesa stood over her sister, Zeke's sword having been plunged through the younger sisters torso. The nephilim himself was off to the side, barely conscious, and the succubus was unconscious due to Chris' wish, since Vanessa had managed to get her mana into the demon.

"You thought you could kill me." Vanessa stated, ehr voice calm, cocky, cold.

"I thought you cared about what I was doing." She continued as she twisted the blade. It was heavy as could be, but she'd still been able to skewer her sister.

Ashleigh, meanwhile, was completely silent. At first glance, she actually looked like she could have been dead, and the amount of liquid gold that was on her, the floor and her sister certainly helped to show that.

However, she suddenly grabbed Vanessa's ankle with one hand, and the other shot out toward Zeke, her mana traveling across the ground to him. It was the same stuff that her sister used, but not as tight a control. Just enough to get him on his feet again, as she knew they were beaten down rather well.

And she knew she'd need his help with the sword after Vanessa was taken care of.

"I always loved you, Vana..." Ashleigh said quietly before the older sister felt Ashleigh's mana coursing through her, the origin being where her ankle was being held.

"Even if this kills me.... I will see you to your death."

"What!?" Vanessa exclaimed, obviously shocked that her own sister, her own flesh and blood, was willing to kill her. And she knew this would do it.

She staggered back with a laugh, knowing that there would be no chance of Ashleigh surviving.

She couldn't get out of the cloud that would come from her death, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/8 02:42:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sure enough, Zeke managed to get to his feet, and leveled a glare at Vanessa.

He made his way over towards the Encrae sisters, before grabbing Vanessa and throwing her across the room, slamming her against the wall.

"Damn it." he cursed.

"Sorry, Ashleigh..." he apologised, before grabbing the sword by the hilt, and pulling it out of her. He then fell to his knees and tore his shirt off, tying it around Ashleigh's wound like a bandage... for whatever good it would do.

"We gotta get out of here." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/8 02:52:58 )

Ashleigh didn't let out a sound as the sword was removed from her.

"Go. Get Roxie out of here." she said, pain in her voice.

"Get the others." She added.

"Just... Go. I'll take care of myself." there was pain to her words, and definitely a hesitation. She didn't want to do this, but she knew she had to. She'd been too much of a detriment to carry through, as she was sure would be needed.

That attack had grazed her spine, and while she was sure she'd be fine with not large problems regarding it in the future.... it was something that was a thing now. Her lower half was rather numb, but at least she could feel them. Just... not use them, properly.

"Just... please... go. Before she bursts. That cloud will kill anything non-elven."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/8 03:12:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Wh-what!?" Zeke exclaimed, sheathing his blade quickly.

"Then all the more reason to not leave you here!" he declared.

"I can't just-" he started to say, before they heard Chris's voice over the P.A. system.

"Attention! Attention! Azari is dead, Vanessa's cronies have been rendered unconscious, and the regenerator agent has been subdued! Everyone needs to evacuate this complex IMMEDIATELY!" he declared.

"...crap, crap, crap..." Zeke repeated, before going over to Roxie and slinging her onto his back, making his way over towards Ashleigh again.

"...how did he know...?" he started to ask, before he seemed to get an idea.

"How... how long before she bursts and the cloud makes its way to you?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/8 03:39:15 )

"I don't know." Was ashleigh's response.

"I just... could be a nminute, could be ten." She added. "Or anywhere in between."

"No way to rightly tell." she paused here, "Why?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/8 04:04:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I... I may have an idea." Zeke responded.

"Where is he accessing the P.A. system from?" he asked.

"Vana's office, most likely." Ashleigh responded.

"How do I get there from here?" Zeke asked her.

She responded by giving him directions, and he nodded.

"I hope this works." he then said. "If it does, then you'll be out of here in a jiffy, okay?" he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/8 04:14:37 )

Ashleigh was silent before nodding.

"Ok." was all she said, knowing that she was likely to die here. She was ok with it though. She didn't want to, of cours,e but if it happened... well, it was her time. She was willing to accept it, however bregrudgingly.

"Just... do as you need to." She said simply, quietly, weakly. It wasn't hard to tell that the pain was there, the adrenaline that was numbing it was fading, and that the blood loss, along with the abuse, was catching up to her.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/8 04:36:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zake bit his lip, before nodding and racing off... as best he could.

Meanwhile, in Vanessa's office, Chris had put the box in his pocket, and hoisted Hazel onto his back.

"All right." he said to Evona.

"Let's get out of here." he told her.

"Once everyone's back up at the surface, we can have this place... demolished..." he went on, before pausing.

"Actually, the Triad and Council may want to do that, themselves." he realised.

"Regardless, let's get out of here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.