Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Breaking Point

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 00:44:33 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris just sighed.

"Be more believable if it's her bringing me." he said.

"And yes. There are." he told Ashleigh.

"Infernal travel aside, there are 3 entrances." he said, telling everyone where they were.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 01:00:29 )

After another twenty minutes or so, they had an idea as to what they were doing, who was going where, and the like.

"Ash, you're still cool with going in first?" Aedan asked.

"Start screwing with shit, then we'll follow from wherever we're going to follow from."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 01:23:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yep." Ash responded, cracking his knuckles.

"Just be careful." Chris said.

"Odds are everyone there may be more well-armed than normal." he said further.

"I got it." Ash said in response.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 01:28:58 )

After Ash headed off, they waited about five minutes before the next group went in. And then the next.

It took about half an hour before everyone was in there, doing whatever it was that they were tasked with.

Hazel was paired with Chris, who she wasn't entirely keen on, but was playing up the whole 'look who I found' shtick, as she knew that it would be the best way to do it. Aedan and Ebony were paired with Lindsay to find the two they were there for, Ashleigh had the demon and angel with her to try and take out her sister, Jake was solo in trying to find the djinn that might have been there, and ASh was just causing general mayhem.

Mayhem that all of them could hear.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 01:45:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Meanwhile, Hal was in his office, as was Angela.

Zeke had told her what they were doing, and she was worried.

Hal offered to be with her while this was happening.

After a bit, Angela phone started ringing, and the caller I.D. said it was Zeke.

"Djinn's power... too much... I'm sorry... I love you..." was all she heard from him, before the line went dead.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 01:51:25 )

Angela was completely silent as the call was short, and then when it went dead. She didn't have a chance to say anything before he'd said what he did and the line went dead.

She didn't say anything before just sighing, heavily.

"..... Seems we've lost all that went." She said quietly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 01:59:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The colour in Hal's face drained.

"...what...?" he asked.

"We've.. lost them...?" he asked her.

"How? That... no, that shouldn't be possible..." he went on.

"How...?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 02:03:25 )

"... all he said was that the djinn power was too much." was all angela said, her voiec quiet, subdued. She didn't know wha to make of all this, and it showed.

she set her phone back onto his desk, just trying not to lose herself here.

".... Is there anything you can do?" She then asked, her voice curious, quiet.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 02:19:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I... no." Hal said quietly, defeatedly.

"I can't do anything." he told her.

"My power is... too... low..." he went on, before looking at her.

And she looked at him.

Even though her eyes were guilt-laden, he spoke first.

"You remember where it is?" he asked her.

"If so, make the wish, and you'll be at it." he told her, lifting his hand, ready to snap his fingers.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 02:24:09 )

Angela was completely silent, sighing heavily. She didn't want to do this, but she knew what he was getting at.

"I'm so sorry Hal." She said, and he could hear the sincerity in that.

".... I have to though." Was the last thing she said before taking a breath to try and calm her nerves.

"I wish to be in your home." She stated simply. She knew where it was, and knew that she could get there easily. She was one of the few people with a key, but that was mostly because of the fact that she would watch Lunet sometimes when she was younger. The mana transport was just quicker.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 02:58:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He snapped his fingers, and the next thing she knew, she was in his home. In his bedroom.

She quickly pushed the bed aside, and felt around, before finding the little hole she was looking for. Sticking her pinky finger into it, she was able to lift the board up, revealing a small chest.

And she knew what was inside.

She lifted the chest up and opened it... revealing a small ornate bejeweled bottle inside.

And as soon as she picked it up... she felt it. The contract had been made, and she could feel the connection between her and Hal... though it felt more like her holding a leash, if she were to be honest.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 03:11:23 )

Angela was silent as she felt it. She knew the feeling, as Hal had made sure she did int eh past. It was a brief thing, lasted for all of fifteen minutes, but considering how close they were, he'd wanted to make sure she understood what it was like to have it.

She just closed her eyes to center herself, knowing that she couldn't take advantage of this, and knowing that she really didn't want to, before just calling him.

"I wish you would keep your personality." She stated. "And that you are still you" As she spoke, she was making her way out of the room, and through the house.

"Also, I'm on my way back. You still have the quick warp here to get to your office?" She asked, her voice curious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 03:32:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Hal was silent for a moment on the other side.

"I am not." he replied.

"Not yet." he then clarified. "I will be by the time you return, Master." he told her, his tone and words almost like a dagger through her heart.

"And I do." he confirmed.

"It is in the same place, activated the same way."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 03:39:23 )

"Ah, and one last thing." Angela started. "I really wish you wouldn't call me that."

"Just... speak to me as you normally would." She then said as she started to make her way to the basement.

"And good. I will see you soon." With that, she endewd the call before sighing.

"I really don't like this." She said quietly, looking to what she had in her hands. However, she knew that she had to keep it on her for this.

She made her way to where the warp was, activated it and found herself in Hal's office a few seconds later. All in all, it was a matter of a few minutes after she'd collected what she'd gone to collect.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 03:56:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When she got there, she saw Hal at the desk... and his hand was covering his eyes, as he rubbed them.

"Ngh." he grunted.

"I hate that." he said.

"My personality was there, but it couldn't get past the shell of subservience." he muttered further.

"Anyway." he then said with a small sigh.

"I see you got what you went for." he went on.

"Good."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 04:01:35 )

".... I'm so sorry, Hal. I just... I'm so painfully sorry." Angela said quietly, guilt in her voice, as she took a seat on the other side of his desk, where she'd been sitting before. She set what she'd been after onto his desk, knowing that she'd have to go for it.

"Are you all right...?" She asked, her voice almost hesitant. before anything else, she had to make sure he was ok.

"And I expect honesty. Don't give me the whole 'make you happy' style answer. Just... be honest, please."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 04:24:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Angela." Hal said.

"I'm FINE." he told her.

"No, I don't like being under someone's beck and call, or direct command, or whatever. I can't shake the feeling of being a slave, even though I know I'm not. Not really. Not with YOU, anyway." he said further.

"But other than that, I'm fine. Really." he went on.

"Your earlier wishes helped immensely with that." he assured her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 04:26:34 )

He could tell that it helped, since she had, in essence, ordered honesty. One of the few orders she'd actually give him, but... this didn't sit well with her. However, she knew that there was nothing she could do, this was something that was needed.

".... I'll take your word for it." She said simply before sighing.

"Then let's get down to the reason for this. I wish to know what you can do to help with this situation that those we're both worried about have found themselves in." She stated simply/.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 04:45:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal nodded.

"Your wi-" he started to say, before catching himself.

"Done." he said.

He then snapped his fingers, and Angela was flooded with information... but it all organised itself in a helpful way for her.

She learned that if Hal knew about the djinn under Vanessa's control, and the djinn was not happy with their situation, then the connection to their master was severely weakened.

And anyone that possessed the 'container' of the djinn would have the simplest of times severing that connection.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/7 04:56:48 )

Angela was silent, processing everything that she'd learned. It took her a couple of minutes, before she looked to Hal.

"I wish to know anything and everything about the djinn that the elf has." She stated, her voice authoritative, much like it would be if she was ordering her kid around. However, he could truly hear her, abecause he knew her. There was a lot of emotion to that, and it was hidden by the fact that she was ordering him around a bit.

"Everything."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.