Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Breaking Point

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 09:06:41 )

Evona didn't say anything, but she did follow Chris into the room. When Hal said to close the door behind her, she did.

"Hello." Her sharp voice had ... something more to it. Something that Hal knew very well before she paused, looking him from head to toe, and resting on his eyes for a moment.

"... halfway..." She commented after a moment. "I admit, that is something I've never seen."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 09:28:52 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"....yes, well." Hal responded.

"You two know each other?" Chris asked.

"We're acquainted." Hal replied. "You could say." he added.

"...anyway, I was told that you knew the exact wish to make to free a djinn." Chris then commented.

"...ah, yes, I do." Hal responded, as Chris dug out the small box from his pocket.

"You wish to free her?" he asked.

"Yes." Chris replied. "She deserves it after being kept as a slave by Vanessa." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 13:07:08 )

Evona was silent for a moment before meeting Hal's gaze.

"And of anyone, you know exactly how to do it." She stated. "And can actually share that information." was added with some annoyance to her voice.

"However, I also know that there are a million and five rules to go with it, regarding wording and intention and shit."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 22:20:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Pretty much." Hal responded, before looking at Chris.

"Are you SURE you want to free her?" he asked.

"Yes. Absolutely." Chris responded.

"Be completely honest. Why?" Hal asked him further.

"...well, as I said, after being kept by Vanessa, she deserves it." Chris replied. "...and nobody should be a slave, at all... I've come to recently realise that. And perhaps this is some way for me to start atoning for my past, in some small way." he went on. "And... I don't want to own her. I don't want this power. Already I have selfish ideas brewing in my head, and I don't want to succumb to them." he then admitted at the end.

"That's the first step." Hal told him. "Complete honesty." he said. He then gestured Chris to come closer, which he did, and Hal whispered something into his ear. It lasted for about 15 seconds, before Chris nodded and made his way back to Evona.

"...I just have one last thing to wish for before I do this." he said to her.

"Ayla's vocal chords have been decimated, and she can no longer speak." he told her. "I wish that she could speak again. Or, failing that, I wish she had some way to reliably and consistently communicate with others." he wished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 23:29:46 )

Evona was silent, seeming to be thinking about that for a moment. While Chris wouldn't know, Hal would, she was basically taking stock of what it was that could be done in a situation like that.

"I.... can't." She told him.

"Repairing her voice is not something within the realm of what I can do. That damage was done with ... extensive magicks from this world and not." She continued.

"However, there is a way for her to be able to communicate." She continued as she snapped her fingers.... causing nothing to happen.

"Just give it time."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 23:48:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris looked disheartened when she mentioned that Ayla's voice could not be repaired, but he DID smile a little when she told him there would be a way for her to communicate again, and to just give it time.

With that, he stepped forward, placed the box in her hands, and paused.

He took a deep breath, recalled what he'd just been told, and looked at her.

"I wish for your unequivocal and irrevocable freedom my own possession, and that you would have whatever freedom you choose for the foreseeable future." he repeated, just like how Angela had said earlier.

Not that he would know about THAT part.

'Did I do it right...?' he wondered anxiously.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/8 23:51:38 )

Evona was silent as he said and did what he did. There wasn't a large show or anything, but the mana feeling from her did decrease a bit. It was still rather strong, but it faded, was more normal, and more hidden after a few seconds.

Along with that, her once black eyes were now white.

"Thank you..." She said quietly.

"And I'm tempted to destroy this... even though I know that would mean trouble for me." She added as she looked to the jewelery box in her hands.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:07:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent for a moment, before sighing quietly.

"Jenkins." he said.

"Y-yes?" Chris asked.

"Report to the medical wing for examination." Hal told him. "We'll discuss a full briefing of what happened later." he told him.

"Yes, of course." Chris responded, before looking at Evona.

"And... you're welcome." he told her. "Thank you for everything beforehand, and I'm sorry... for the past." he apologised, before making his exit, closing the door behind him.

"...it's been a long time, Evona." Hal then said, taking his sunglasses off, allowing her to see what she'd already 'seen'.

"And yes, destroying that WOULD be problematic." he agreed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:09:32 )

Evona just crossed her arms before sighing.

"It really has been." She agreed. "Now, who have you tied yourself down to? As that's the only way I can think of for the halfway point." She commented.

"Whoever it is, I'm willing to be is a very lucky catch."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:29:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just shook his head slightly.

"Well, you are correct." he said. "I AM involved with someone. Have been for a while. And that IS the reason for the halfway point, as you put it." he confirmed, before sighing.

"It's Hollie Remmington, current Head of the Council of Mages, and sister to Vincent Remmington." he informed her.

"And I consider myself extremely fortunate to have her in my life." he added.

"...but looking back, I wouldn't have traded the time I spent with you for the world." he then told her bluntly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:33:13 )

"Face it. What we had was more physical than anything." Evona commented. "Finding someone ot have an emotional connection with, especially being what we are, is most certainly something to celebrate."

"I'm happy for you. You found meaning to your life." She added, looking around.

"Good."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:54:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just smiled slightly, before it faded slowly.

"What about you?" he asked.

"What have... well... what HAVE you been doing?" he asked.

"...surely you weren't in the service of THAT awful dark elf for... very long..." he went on, but then shook his head.

"I'm not that naïve, nor am I stupid." he muttered.

"I'm so sorry you were with Vanessa Encrae."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 00:59:19 )

"About two and a half centuries." Evona answered with a heavy sigh.

"I don't even know what to do with myself now, I admit." She added.

"However, I suppose that'll come in time." She then said before pausing, looking to her hands, then him.

".... any chance you can help me oiut with something so I don't look so blind?" She asked with a light chuckle.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 01:18:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just chuckled as well, before digging into a cabinet, and bringing out a pair of sunglasses, much like his own.

"One of my spare pairs." he told her.

"Probably a temporary solution." he said.

"If you want something less... obvious, I suppose... then my lab team can probably put together something for you." he continued. "Like a pair of earrings or a hair clip or something." he went on.

"As for what to do with yourself now, there are facilities here you can use." he then said.

"A place to sleep, notably." he clarified.

"Or are you thinking you're just going to head into the world and see what happens?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 01:22:46 )

Evona was silent.

"Got any use for something with no clue as to what the hell the world holds now?" She asked.

"I know I'm out of touch. The last time I had anything akin to freedom was back in the 1700's." She added after a moment or two.

"Also.... you got somewhere safe I can stash this for awhile?" She then asked, referring to the box.

"Because the last thing I want, or need, is someone getting hold of it again."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 01:44:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal cupped his chin for a moment, regarding her last question.

"Hmmmmmmmm..." he muttered.

"Well, you can leave it here in my office." he told her. "I have several hidden safes in here." he said. "Or you can leave it with ME, and I can place it in the hidden area of my home, where I keep MINE." he suggested.

"Either of those work?" he asked.

"And 'use'? Please, we serve as a refuge for those that need help, until they can get back on their feet." he then told her.

"You DO have a lot to catch up on, but you are free to stay here until such time you feel you're ready to strike it out on your own." he assured her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 01:48:43 )

Evona was silent for a moment before setting it on his desk.

"Wherever you feel is the most secure." She told him simply. "Please... just keep it safe." she added.

"I just got my freedom, I would really rather not lose it again already." she added with a sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 02:02:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal looked at the little box, before gingerly picking it up.

"I promise you I will treat this with the same level of care and security as my own container." he told her.

"You have my solemn vow on that." he assured her further.

---

Nate sighed a little, as he stepped into the room and looked over Ashleigh.

"Yeesh." he muttered.

"Well, at least her life-aura's looking stronger than before." he went on, before checking the readouts on the machines she was hooked up to.

"...Dr. Edwards can be a real miracle worker..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 02:11:26 )

"You do realise I'm awake, right?" Ashleigh askedf rom where she was, reading something on her phone. He hadn't taken a properly look at her, was obviously not expecting her to be awake as it was, but low and behold - she was.

"Also, hi." She said simply.

"Yes. Yes she really is." She then added as she set her phone aside.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/9 02:33:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate jumped a bit when Ashleigh spoke.

"...teach me to be more observant, and not just rely on my mana..." he mumbled, before clearing his throat.

"Didn't expect you to be awake." he admitted. "Clearly." he added.

"Anyway, how are you doing?" he asked.

"How are you feeling? Anything feel off or not right?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.