Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Breaking Point

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 01:52:32 )

"I shouldn't have given in so easily though." She countered.

"I should have fought, I should have tried for freedom, I should have convinced her otherwise." She continued, sounding near tears.

"There's so much I could have done, but I just... wasn't able to. And I didn't even try."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 02:17:39 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel just sighed.

"Self-preservation." he said.

"You were a lamb in the shadow of a wolf." he told her. "You KNEW what happened to detractors and those that argued with her." he went on. "Death, or worse." he said further.

"Not everyone can be the hero and try to sacrifice themselves to save others." he went on.

"And... that's okay." he said.

"There's no shame in it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 02:23:09 )

"I... I know." She said after a few seconds, her voice quiet as she just hung her head, her hands closing around the material she had in them - the long scarf that she used to blind herself.

"I just... I know. Yet I can't... I just can't move past it." She continued, not sure why she was admitting all this to him. She'd never said any of this to anyone, no one had managed to get so much out of her.

For some reason, he was someone she really didn't feel like she had to be the subservient one around, while she honestly felt that way with anyone and everyone else.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 02:45:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Gabriel was silent for a moment, before reaching out to her.

"For what it's worth..." he said, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"We don't blame you." he told her. "None of us do." he informed her further..

"I'm no expert in moving on. Heck, I've only started to do so recently from something I couldn't get past for far longer than I care to admit." he then chuckled. "So I can't give you magical advice to lift this weight from your heart." he lamented.

"But a sneak-peek of some info about the afterlife? You're a good person." he said. "We know it. We see your struggles. We sympathise with you." he went on.

"Maybe open up to some others around here." he suggested. "Or get on some more friendly terms with the Fyrane boys." he continued.

"See for yourself that people don't blame you. See that people care about you and want you to be able to move on. See that others have managed it, and maybe it'll be that push you need to try it, yourself."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 02:58:40 )

She was completely silent. She couldn't say anything, but he could see into her. She was giving some serious consideration to what he was saying, and would take it to heart, but for the moment? It wasn't something she could easily handle.

She just seemed to shut in on herself a bit, obviously having a bit much to deal with for the moment, but he could see her core. He knew that what he said had left a mark, and would definitely be something that would likely help her over time.

"... I don't know if I can." She said quietly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 03:23:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"All that matters is you make the effort." Gabriel said.

"Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but sometime." he told her.

"Remember, you have people that care about you." he reminded her.

"Just let them show you that every so often, okay?" he asked.

"Regardless, remember what we talked about." he then said further.

"I should probably be off."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 03:37:21 )

She was silent for a moment before nodding.

"yeah... Thanks.' She said simply. "Just... thank you." Was all she said before they both heard a cry, a birds cry, in the distance. She looked in the direction, wincing lightly at the sight as she didn't have her blindfold on, to see abird approaching.

"Just... thank you." She repeated with a sigh.

"Don't hang around on my part. Go do whatever you need to."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 03:40:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel looked in the direction of the approaching bird, and raised an eyebrow.

"...huh." he said.

"There's something you don't see every day." he commented.

"Hope it finds who it's looking for." he went on, before looking at Hazel again.

"And you're welcome." he told her.

"Bye-bye." he finished, before disappearing in a pillar of light.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 03:54:29 )

She hadn't a chance to say anything before he was gone, and didn't really care so much to. It took a few minutes before the bird came, and she held her arm out, whistling lightly for the bird to land. It did, digging its talons into her arm. She didn't wince, however, that pain was nothing compared to what she was used to. She locked her storm grey eyes on it's evergreen ones.

"... I think I know who you're looking for." She told hte bird simply before pushing off from the railing and heading toward the door inside.

"It's just a guess, however. Correct me if I'm wrong." With that, she made her way inside, and started to walk toward where the woman she thought he was after - since she could see the mana, and knew hers - was.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 04:05:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Meanwhile, inside the building, Ayla and Chris were sitting in one of the rooms, and Chris sighed.

"...so I don't know what's going to happen to ME." he told her.

"Seems you'll be getting off pretty much scot-free, because you are truly nothing more than a victim of Vanessa, and not an accomplice." he went on.

"But they're debating MY fate, still." he lamented.

"Not entirely sure what'll happen."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 04:11:23 )

She made her way through the building, letting the bird lead her to where it felt it needed to be. There were questions, of course, but the parrot she had on her arm barely had the patience to let her answer any of it. All she was able to get out was 'Familiar' before it nipped her to continue on. It wasn't hard for tose she was speaking with to figure out that it was a case of it was a familiar, and was looking for it's partner, since she'd said all she'd needed to.

After about five minutes, there was a knock on the door to the room that Ayla and Chris were in, with the female having been about to head out into the hall herself. She opened the door, the bird flew in, and both of the two witnessing it could see the relief with both of them.

"Now, I'm going to go and get these bites treated. I really don't want an infection." She deliverywoman stated with a sigh before turning to head off.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 04:31:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris was silent for a moment, before turning toward Hazel.

"Wait!" he said.

"...I don't mean to delay your going to get treated but... couple things." he told her.

"First one being, where did that bird come from?" he asked.

"Second being... are you all right?" he asked her.

"Aside from the wounds. Just... in general."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 04:34:19 )

Hazel paused, having not realised that he'd approached the door at all.

"Ah, ... I will be." was all she said in response.

"There's... some stuff I need to deal with." she added simply.

"Thank you." The bird then said. "Thank you so much."

"You're the one who arrived." Hazel responded. "The least I could do is help you get down here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 05:01:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris looked back and forth between the bird and Hazel, before resting on Hazel.

"Ah... all right, then." he said.

"Good... good luck with that." he told her, before Hazel left to get her wounds treated.

"...what's going on, here?" Chris then asked.

"That bird can talk? And really well, too?" he asked further, before pausing.

"Wait... a familiar...?" he muttered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 05:02:41 )

Ayla and the bird nodded.

"Name's Skylar." The bird stated.

"And I speak for Ayla." He added, "When she has something needed to be said."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 05:22:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Chris was silent again for a moment.

"I..." he stammered.

"Wait..." he mumbled, thinking about it again.

"I know I wished for you to be able to communicate with others..." he went on, though he had forgotten to mention that to her earlier, so as not to get her hopes up for potentially nothing. "...but is THIS that wish?" he wondered.

"What happened to you?" he asked.

"And... wait, Ayla, have you always needed the bird to speak?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 05:26:11 )

Ayla shook her head as Skyler hopped up atop her head.

"She hasn't." The bird answered.

"However, I have always been her confidant, even while with that ---" He started, before Ayla reached up and lightly flicked his underbelly.

"..... That elf." He finished, although it wasn't hard to tell that was not what he'd intended to say.

"And before we were separated, I was the one she talked with, and the one that spoke with her, to prevent her losing her mind until she lost her will due to her mana." He added, trying to put what Vanessa had done as nicely as possible.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 05:44:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....oh. I see." Chris responded.

It was clear he was habouring some guilt about that, too. But he cleared his throat, before looking around.

"...A... Ayla..." he then said.

"I... I have a confession to make." he told her.

"And... it's something I've been meaning to say for a bit now, ever since I made the decision to liberate you from Vanessa's clutches." he went on.

Meanwhile, somewhere in France, Aimee was sitting in one of the chairs in her backyard, enjoying the nice weather, when she suddenly saw a familiar pillar of light touch down several metres away from here, fading to show her effective brother-in-law, Gabriel. Insomuch as Gabriel was Uriel's 'brother'.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 05:50:13 )

Aimee was silent for a moment as she saw Gabriel's arrival. She closed the book that she was reading and set it aside, getting to her feet to meet him halfway. On the way, she made sure to grab some of the berries she had, specifically raspberries and blueberries.

"Hey." She said, holding the small cup out to him.

"FEel like some berries?" She asked with a soft smile. This wasn't anything new, even if he was there to berate her or whatever, she was always nice with him.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 06:17:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel just sighed.

"...I really do." he said.

He then reached over and grabbed the cup, popping a few into his mouth.

"Anyway." he then muttered, before turning his back to her.

"Catch." was all he said.

Then, before Aimee could ask what he meant, his wings unfurled in a quick and rough manner, causing hundreds of feathers to shed from them, floating all around, and down towards her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.