Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 18:31:59 )
This is exactly

I don't shave not for any feminist reason honestly, I'm just too lazy to bother. XD

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 18:38:26 )
@Another Movie Addict: I have been doing the same thing. Personally I don't care if folks shave or not. It has always been my personal preference to shave, but with the lockdowns and everything, I have gotten out of the habit of doing it regularly.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 18:40:58 )
This is exactly

@Wildfire: We can't really afford good razors anyway, and those dollar things don't do shit. XD

what you think it is.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 18:41:38 )
"The future must know where you've been."

For people who do wanna shave, buy men's razors! They're built a lot better than women's razors.

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 18:43:17 )
This is exactly

@0v7: Yep, and I do use male razors.

what you think it is.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 18:43:22 )
@Another Movie Addict: HAHAHA! I can't even imagine! XD
@Wildfire: Thank you. The last couple of years were a bit difficult. All of it was worth what we have now. C:
Last night I just laid out on the trampoline after the kids fell asleep and looked at stars for a bit. Internally, I feel very at peace now.

-
Homeschooling today is a challenge. The Kids were so good yesterday. But today it's a lot of dragging feet and tears.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 18:46:09 )
@0v7: That's a really good suggestion (and why is it that men's razors are so much better than women's?? Gah!). I have been known to do exactly this - they do work so much better!

@Koah: I bet the last couple years were difficult!! But you've made it through and can enjoy the good things again, right? Hanging out on the trampoline looking at stars sounds divine! I can't remember the last time I did that (obviously, I'm overdue!) <3

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 18:51:53 )

@Wildfire: I think it's the fact women's razors are often dressed up with like, yknow those little bars of slippery soap stuff on some of them? I can't imagine that helps the cost, so they skimp on other areas of the razor. There's also other stuff at play, like gendering products that probably don't need to be gendered therefore reducing the quality in certain areas of said products, but I digress.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 19:04:57 )
@0v7: I think the gendering of items has a lot to do with it, tbh. It's something I never personally understood - especially on utilitarian items like razors. I don't want sparkly unicorn glitter gel whatever on my RAZOR, thank you very much - it just needs to WORK (& preferably work well)!!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 19:23:09 )

@Wildfire: Same goes for men's soap, like maybe I wanna smell like a florist's shop and not manly diesel-wood-musk lol. I find "women's" shampoo to work a lot better than "men's" shampoo, because of the expectations of how men's and women's hair should be.

Also, related to this topic, I took a shower and I smell like a rose garden =v=

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 19:27:38 )
@0v7: LOL at the Rose Garden <3
Yes, the whole perfumed thing gets to me too (& yes, regardless of gender) - I tend to buy completely perfume free stuff because the smells are often overpowering to me and I prefer to smell like ONE thing of my choosing, not twenty...

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 19:35:09 )

@Wildfire: I like smelling like... roses. That's pretty much it.
I hate men's cologne because it's so in your face! Women's perfume is pretty much just as bad... it takes some effort to find a perfume that isn't gonna knock you on your butt lol.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 19:36:17 )
This is exactly

Calvin Klein's Eternity for men smells amazing though, like it's the smell of freshly out of the shower. So nice.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 19:42:45 )
@0v7:
@Another Movie Addict:
There definitely are some nice colognes and perfumes that aren't completely overwhelming, but so many of them seem to be extreme.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 19:44:15 )

@Another Movie Addict:
That sounds lovely! I'll have to look into it, 'cause I'm lacking in men's cologne >w>;;

@Wildfire:
If you have any recommendations for perfume/cologne/etc, throw 'em my way! :3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 19:52:24 )
@0v7: I will if any come to mind (drawing a blank right now - probably because I usually just put on a little bit of an essential oil based perfume - whatever I'm in the mood for that day, instead of using "official" perfumes/colognes)

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 20:05:04 )
This is exactly

Lately I've mostly been getting my body scent stuff from Bath & Body Works. :3

what you think it is.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 20:31:38 )

@Wildfire: Omg I forgot that I bought a rose essential oil roll-on perfume. Maybe I can get other scents from that brand...

@Another Movie Addict: I wonder if I have one near me!! :0

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 20:48:26 )
This is exactly

Maybe. Their body wash, candles, and sprays are pretty good.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/1 20:59:24 )
@0v7: Oh, I'm glad I helped you remember! Rose perfume is so pretty, imo!

@Another Movie Addict: I can't remember the last time I went in to that store! I'm sure they've changed a lot since

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.