Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 17:42:05 )
lol! I think if we traded weather for a day, you'd be shocked. XD It's so cold at night now and then midday, it's rather cozy warm.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 17:45:55 )
@Koah: Awwww... Thank you! <3 Yes, I understand how "life things" can throw somebody off course like that. Do you think you'll go back and finish at some point? Covid is throwing this kid for a bit of a loop with having to do online classes - some with teachers who are not technically knowledgeable... and his learning style is in-person, hands-on... so... it has not been a particularly fun couple of months, and I'm having to constantly remind him how close he is and the implications of getting an A.A. at newly-minted 18, but it seems to be working.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 17:48:23 )
@Koah: I remember days like that. I haven't always lived in Florida. Are you enjoying the fall weather?

@0v7: Grocery shopping counts! And there's nothing at all wrong with taking a slow day! Or wondering about the crazy cat XD

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 17:52:11 )
"The future must know where you've been."

@Wildfire: He seems to like to bolt in here, jump on my desk.... and then sleep.

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 17:57:23 )
@0v7: Weird cat! He sounds like he's being awfully cute, though! <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 18:11:31 )
Wildfire- I relate to hands-on, in-person learning. I don't retain as much with online schooling. He's so close! You're doing a good job if he takes your encouragement! <3
If I go back to college, or When I do get back into college, I have more specific degrees in mind now. So I probably won't get the a.a. degree. I've run a few stores now and I would do better if I learned better business skills.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 18:14:25 )
It's been a LONG time since I've had an autumn season. :D So it's actually enjoyable. Sweater weather, chilly mornings. Smells like dew outside.
For the last 7 years, I've lived in midwest states where it goes from summer to Ski season. lol. Mountain weather.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 18:20:23 )
@Koah: Yes, that is the benefit of going back to school after you've been in the world a little bit. It's also part of the reason why I wanted both my kids to get at least the A.A., knowing it will help them if they decide to pursue something else later on. Business skills are important, and they're applicable to a lot of different situations! I should probably go and take some business classes myself, tbh...

LOL! Summer to ski season would be rough, I think. I would miss the transition and it just sounds so...extreme.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 18:21:38 )
This is exactly

I am home from donating. And fudge doodles am I mad.

Also I have Japanese snacks. nom nom.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 18:24:16 )
@Another Movie Addict: welcome back. Why are you mad? And what snacks do you have?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 18:27:16 )
This is exactly

One of the phlebotomists isn't absolutely terrible at his job. He has fucked up my arm 5 times now (I'm too shy to ask for someone else). Today though. He sticks me wrong and it hurts. He digs. Then just leaves it. Wrong. I'm not getting a proper draw and it hurts like hell. Second person tries to fix his fuck up. Attempts to fix three times. Finally had to get a senior staff member to try. My left arm has been stuck so bad it's not usable for donating today. So finally had to switch over to my right arm. I am not happy.

what you think it is.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 18:29:20 )
This is exactly

And my snacks are a big box of Hello Panda cookies with chocolate filling, and one of those DIY candy kit things.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 18:29:26 )
@Another Movie Addict: Oh, that definitely sucks!! I'm sorry. Sounds like dude needs more training... or something.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 18:30:22 )
This is exactly

He really needs to be fired. I'm not the only person he's done this to.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 18:38:09 )
Well, maybe this experience is the last straw for him and his job? And if not, then for your own best interests, you might need to speak up the next time you go in

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 18:43:59 )
This is exactly

I'll just have to grow some balls and tell him, to find someone else to stick me.

what you think it is.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 18:44:11 )
"The future must know where you've been."

Ohh, I hate technicians who do that. I hope he gets fired, honestly - it's super bad to do that.

"The past predicts the state you're in!"
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 18:46:47 )
@Another Movie Addict: If he's still there, then yes, I'd say so! But it sounds like there were at least two other people who directly witnessed his inability -including a supervisor- so maybe this is the last straw for him.

@0v7: Yeah, it's no fun at all.

I've had blood sticks like that too... It's like "come on! *I* can do this myself better than you're doing it". It hurts like hell and leaves a nasty bruise...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 18:49:11 )
This is exactly

My fingers are crossed. But I just now tried to call in a complaint, and I was left on hold until they hung up.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 18:52:00 )
@Another Movie Addict: Oh jeeze! /eyeroll/ Is there an online option, maybe? Or try again? Or is whomever answering the phone just as incompetent?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.