Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 18:53:25 )
This is exactly

They keep trying to send me to the managers, but they keep not picking up the damn phone. Just let it ring until it auto hangs up.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 18:59:13 )
Is there a manager even on site right now? Maybe the phone disconnects automatically after so many rings or something?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 19:01:33 )
This is exactly

There were when I was there.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 19:02:55 )
Their phone system is whack?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 19:04:38 )
This is exactly

No idea.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 19:21:19 )
Or maybe they're all done with working for the week? It is 2:30 on a Friday.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 19:21:52 )
This is exactly

Maybe? They're open til like 5pm.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 19:29:02 )
Well, I'm out of ideas.
How's your arm feeling?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 19:41:29 )
This is exactly

Better so hopefully there really won't be a bruise.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 19:47:43 )
That would be good. After what you describe, I'd be expecting a pretty big bruise. But it's been long enough now that you should have an idea whether or not that's likely to be the case. I'll cross my fingers for you. :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 19:53:47 )
This is exactly

I won't know for sure until tomorrow.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 19:55:47 )
Yeah, there's that.
So what else are you up to at the moment - anything fun?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 19:57:08 )
This is exactly

Watching a Red Letter Media video on Youtube, and laying down.

what you think it is.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 19:58:22 )
HA-HA!
I put away my giant pile of clean clothes. Funny how I got my kids trained to put away their clean clothes, but I can't seem to keep up with mine. e.e"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 20:00:37 )
@Another Movie Addict: Sound relaxing

@Koah: LOL! One step at a time. And getting the kids to deal with their own laundry is HUGE!
My kids have been responsible for their own laundry since they were about 9 or 10. One puts his away most of the time; the other one just has a small pile in his room (which I avoid). I'm pretty good at getting my clothes away; hubby seems to keep his on the coffee table...

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 20:13:15 )
"The future must know where you've been."

I'm debating on buzzing my own head today or waiting until my aunt's come back from her trip so she could do it. If I do the former, I won't look so... wild, if I do the latter, I'll have cleaner edges where it's buzzed.

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 20:14:17 )
@Wildfire: My husband finally quit getting home from work and stripping at the door. There used to ALWAYS be a pile of clothes [that stank] next to the front door. He's basically a nudist at home. XD
I taught my kids to do their own laundry. The last year, I've been trying my best for them to be observant and know when they have a load of laundry in their baskets. hit and miss each week. By the time my kids are 9 and 10, I'd like them to be responsible for their own clothes.
My mom babied me. She would come home from work and find inner-peace by doing housework. Like laundry and dishes. I really didn't know what I was doing when I hit adulthood. lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 20:20:31 )
@0v7: Which do you prefer - wilder or cleaner? And how long can you wait?

@Koah: Yup - it sounds like we're on the same page with the kids and timing and laundry. It's a basic but necessary skill, and that age-frame seems really good to teach them how, IMO... they're still intrigued with the washer and wanting to help (ps: take advantage of this stage while you can!!!). I have tried to take the route of "We are a family, which means you have to help out with the things that need to be done around here - I am not your maid". It has worked out fairly well. I have also made sure they help cook and clean up in the kitchen - at least periodically. I refuse to send them out in the world without being able to cook at least a few healthy things on their own, keep up with their dishes, and their clothing!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 20:42:03 )
"The future must know where you've been."

@Wildfire: Cleaner - though, I don't want to look like an overgrown dude tomorrow at the grocery store, which is why I'm debating on just doing it myself today >w>;

"The past predicts the state you're in!"
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 20:48:48 )
Is there somebody at the grocery store you're trying to impress or something? If you'd like the cleaner, more professional look, I'd just wait... but that's me, and even with that, I understand completely how the hair can go from "ok" to "it's got to come off NOW" overnight...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.