Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 01:55:33 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well... 'attic'..." Adym replied, doing finger-quotes. "It's just a really small crawlspace up there." he told her.

"And yeah, go and explore." he said.

"Familiarise yourself with the place." he went on.

"I'm going to put the food out and get to making it a meal." he continued.

"If you need help or find something, let me know." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 02:13:29 )

Callie nodded before heading off.

Sometime later, the pair were sitting and just talking. the suns had most certainly set, and it was eerily quiet in the cabin as well. The natural sounds that the forest should have had, were lacking, absent.

".... This is eerie." Callie commented with a light sigh.

"And I must admit, I don't like it."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 02:39:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym's ears twitched a little once more.

"I don't like it, either." he said.

"All I hear is the rain. And thunder." he muttered.

"No rustling, no scampering, no... anything." he continued.

"...this almost doesn't feel like home." he then told her further, looking around again.

"I hope we're not too late." he mumbled further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 02:44:17 )

"If we were, I don't think that the note for you to return would have been there." Callie assured him.

"Just... please, don't worry about it. I'm sure that we're in time to help. Why else would you have been sent here?" She asked.

"However, this rain might hold us up a bit." She added, looking toward the window, and the torrential downpour that she could see through it.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 03:02:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....that's a fair point about the note." Adym admitted, his tone revealing he genuinely felt better now.

"And yes... yes, it might." he agreed, looking out the same window.

"It's... well, it's essentially trapped us here." he said further.

"But we can't go out in that. We'll be rendered immobile and... at the mercy of whatever finds us." he then lamented.

"Oh, how is the numbness?" he asked.

"I'm still feeling it, but it's already slowly subsiding. How about you?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 03:06:32 )

"Probably the same as you." Callie answered.

"It's more just an annoyance as it stands. However, my feet are still feeling it moreso." She added.

"I'm sure you're in the same boat as me with that one."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 03:28:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah, I think we're both equally affected." he said, before sighing quietly.

"Well... maybe it might be best to try and sleep." he suggested.

"There is... nothing in this cabin, really." he said further. "Not much to do... and staying awake staring out the window isn't exactly the best thing to be doing." he reasoned.

"And perhaps the sooner we sleep, the sooner this night will pass, and hopefully the rain will have stopped by then." he continued.

"....." he was then silent, before standing up.

"First I want to make sure all the windows and the door have been securely closed and locked."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 03:33:02 )

Callie nodded.

"Sounds like a good idea." She commented.

"When I checked around earlier, it seemed they were, but always better safe than sorry." She added as she got to her feet.

"I'll help."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 04:01:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Thanks." Adym replied.

It only took them a few minutes, and they met in the centre of the house, with Adym nodding.

"All seems secure with what I checked." he said.

"Same." Callie replied.

"Then I suppose we should head to the room with the beds in it." Adym suggested.

"Have you laid down in one yet?" he asked.

"I don't know how well-kept this place is, so I don't know how sturdy or comfortable they'll be." he admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 04:04:54 )

Callie was silent for a moment before shaking her head.

"No. I haven't laid down on one, but I did take a seat on one when I was checking the windows in the room." She told him honestly.

"oh? How was it?" Adym asked, his vouce curious.

"Surprisingly sturdy." was Callie's answer.

"Not the softest for the bedding, but most likely won't collapse under the weight of a person."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 04:33:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, that's good." Adym responded.

"At least there's that." he said.

"Let's go check and see if they're comfortable enough for a sleep." he suggested.

"If not, I might be able to help." he went on, as they started to make their way to the room in question.

"I should be able to grow big broad flat leaves that can be laid on for cushioning," he then explained.

"Help soften things up a bit."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 04:53:03 )

"Make sense." Callie commented before they made sure that the room was set up in such a way that they could, easily, get some sleep and be rather comfortable.

Hours later, it was dark and the pair of them were asleep.

Neither of them heard the steps. Neither of them realised that there was a figure skulking about outside. The figure tried the door, found it locked before sighing.

"That confirms it... someone is here." They muttered before pausing a moment and looking in one of the windows.

the blackness they saw within was not something that they wanted to see.

With an curse in elven, they unlocked the door with a key they had, and made their way in carefully.

As soon as the door was open, the shadows were moving. Thankfully, they were able to tell where they were concentrated though, and made their way there, making sure to have a light on hand to keep the shadows away.

When she entered the bedroom, they saw that there was someone in two of hte three beds in the room, and cursed lightly. Without thinking about it, they tossed some powder into the middle of the room. As the poweder touched the shadows, it sparked, causing the room to illuminate. As soon as they could see who it was that was there, they froze for a second before shaking their head and trying to wake Adym. Hopefully he'd wake, of course.

Considering what the shadows were, it was very possible that neither him nor his companion would wake.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 05:27:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Just when it seemed like Adym would not wake at all, they saw him stir slightly... before jolting away.

"YAAAH!" he yelled out, rising immediately to a sitting position and looked around almost panickedly... before noticing the one that was standing there. He immediately started to make mental preparations to fight them, but stopped.

He noticed what they were.

And noticed that the room was completely illuminated.

"...seur?*" he mumbled in elven.

"Flaei demoh qitla**?" he asked the newcomer.

(*what)
(**What's going on?)

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 05:31:54 )

They were silent as they motioned to some shadows in the corner. Shadows that once he looked over, he could see golden spots, eyes, staring at them.

"Creos." They stated, their voice familiar to Adym, and also identifying them as female.

"What are you doing here, Adym?" They then asked in the matching Elven tongue.

"You of all people should realise that it's not safe."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 05:53:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Adym was silent for a moment.

"I was told to come here." he told her. "The Seer in town said that my home was in danger, and that I was needed here." he explained further.

"The trees and forest have been perverted, and this cabin was the only shelter from the water that threatened to numb us down into a paralytic state." he then informed the female.

"Creos..." he then mumbled, looking at the shadows... before his eyes widened.

"CALLIE!" he exclaimed, looking over to the teenager.

"Callie!" he repeated, getting up and rushing over towards her to wake her up.

Or try to, anyway.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 06:05:28 )

Callie didn't wake quickly, but once she did, it was... well, it wasn't hard to tell that the shadows had been there in the first place. When she did wake, there was a bit of a cry of surprise before she fully woke. With a cry.

"The hell!?" She exclaimed after a few seconds, once she realised that she wasn't in the nightmare she was in.

"You two, pack up and let's get out of here." The other elf stated.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 06:22:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"We need to listen to her." Adym said.

"It's not safe here. AT ALL." he went on.

"We were being attacked by Creos while we slept." he then said further, gesturing to the shadows.

"Don't worry, we can trust her." he then assured Callie.

"She's a close friend."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 06:24:44 )

"I will meet you in the front room." The new elf said.

"Do not take too long. That light will not last beyond another ten minutes or so." She added before vanishing out the door, leaving the pair alone.

"How are we going to get out of here with the rain though?" Callie asked as she got to her feet, carefully. There was a little bit of uneasy, unsteadiness that was there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 06:46:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Adym was silent for a moment.

"....I..." he stammered. "I don't know." he admitted.

"But there has to be a way." he said. "SHE got here safely." he told her. "She must know a way." he went on. "And it's abundantly clear that we cannot stay here." he then said further.

"...damned if we do, damned if we don't." he lamented quietly.

"So... I don't know, I think we need to take a chance here." he went on.

"Better that sitting here and waiting for Creos to consume us."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/16 06:52:20 )

Callie was silent for a moment before sighing.

"That is true." she agreed with a nod.

"Let's get out of here, then." She added before they headed out to find the elf that was there.

She was near the window, peering out.

"This rain is not nice to anyone." She said as they stepped into the room. She looked over before tossing something over to them.

"drink some. It will offer a few hours of protection. Should be long enough for us to get back."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.