Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 05:58:14 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

He just sighed in response.

"So you know." he said.

"Suppose it makes sense." he commented, looking at her head... specifically, her hair and eyes as well.

"But... Callie? That sounds familiar." he mumbled.

"Anyway, I'm Adymir." he then introduced himself in response. "My apologies for taking so long in telling you that." he apologised.

"And I found you passed out in my backyard last evening. I checked to see if you were injured, before making sure you were somewhere comfortable to sleep." he then explained.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 06:02:24 )

"Well, thank you for your help." Callie said, gratitude in her voice.

"I do realise that it could be .... quite bad if you or I were found vulnerable by the wrong person." She added.

"Is there anything,a t all, that I could do to show my gratitude?"

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 06:26:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adymir just smiled.

"It's perfectly all right." he said. "My house is open to all that need a bit of respite, and mean no harm." he told her.

"And you're welcome." he then said further.

"However, the fact that you have no recollection of how you got here is... concerning." he went on. "Especially as I felt an immense energy-based anomaly before you appeared here, seemingly." he continued.

"...we may need to go and visit the Seer." he informed her.

"She can tell... most anything, really." he said.

"Perhaps SHE can shed some light on this mystery."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 06:34:24 )

Callie just sighed.

"Possibly." She agreed.

"However, it may also be for naught. All I can do is go, try, and hopefully not find it a dead end." She added before taking a bite of another of the squares.

"Do you happen to know when she's in?" She asked, her voice curious before looking up toward the sky and the twin suns.

"... although it's probably too early. If I were to guess, it's still the morning, late morning, but still morning."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 06:58:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It IS still the morning." Adymir confirmed.

"The Seer is normally not in until a few hours later." he told her.

"So... it won't be for a while that we can go and see her." he lamented.

"However, she IS regularly in, so the chances of catching her ARE good." he then assured her further, before sighing quietly.

"You're free to stay here in the meantime." he offered.

"You seem like you... well... don't have a place to stay." he admitted frankly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 07:02:10 )

Callie paused when he said the last bit.

"Well..." She started before sighing, heavily.

"It's too warm to be anywhere near home, I admit." She admitted.

"I'm from Caeryn." She told him. "And there really aren't many elves up there due to the climate. So I'm reasonably certain I'm nowhere near."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 07:23:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Adymir was silent for a moment, almost stunned.

"Uh... yes. Yes, you ARE rather far away from home." he told her. "You're... you're on another continent, Callie." he informed her.

"Your home is on the Aplos continent." he said. "You're currently on the Clador continent." he went on. "So yes... yes, you're a long way from home, Callie." he confirmed.

"Well, now we have a destination." he then commented, before pausing.

"Wait." he muttered.

"Your name is Callie... you're from... Caeyrn..." he listed off, before looking at her.

"Is... your last name Icesska?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 07:25:21 )

Callie just sighed as he made his inquiry.

"I'd rather that didn't get out." She stated simply.

"As I'm sure you can understand." She added before looking around.

".... I really fucking hope that he doesn't find me." She muttered before looking back to Adym.

"But yes, I am Calysta Icesska." She confirmed.

"What are you going to do with that information?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 07:41:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym was silent, before standing up, making his way over, and then kneeling.

"The proper thing." he said. "Kneel before royalty." he told her.

"I would have never thought one of the prestigious Icesska's would grace my presence." he went on, before pausing.

"Ah." he then said. "No wonder you don't want that to get out." he went on.

"You are much like myself, but a far more public name." he said further.

"...hm." he then mumbled.

"Regardless, it's an honour to have you here, Lady Icesska."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 07:47:32 )

Callie instantly began to panic as Adym knelt down. She was looking around, frantically, hoping to not have someone see, as she knew that it wouldn't be the best for someone else to identify her. She had been hesitant to confirm Adym's suspicions, but the fact that he was also a crux gave her a bit of comfort.

"Get up." She half barked.

"Before someone sees and questions are asked. And drop that, just call me Callie, please." She added.

"Just treat me as you would anyone else. The last thing I want is for others to figure out who the hell I am."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 08:01:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym immediately responded to her 'order' to get him, and quickly made his way back to the other side of the table, sitting down.

"My apologies once more." he said.

Thankfully, when she looked around, she saw... nobody. Or anything. His backyard seemed pretty secluded from the public view, for the most part, so someone seeing them was near impossible.

"And very well." he said further, before thinking about it.

"Oh, I think we may have met once or twice in the past, when we were children." he remembered.

"I recall you and your father visiting my home village a very long time ago."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 08:04:59 )

"I... wouldn't be surprised." Callie commented before sighing lightly.

"I've been to a few different elven villages and towns." She commented honestly.

"So it's very possible." She added before sighing lightly.

"I can't say for certain, however."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 08:23:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm." Adym mumbled.

"Yes, it would have been... a VERY long time ago." he said. "I barely remember, myself, so... that's probably the best we're going to get." he reasoned with a small sigh.

"But, now, more than ever, we should visit the Seer." he suggested.

"She'll certainly be able to give us guidance as to what we should do now." he reasoned.

"I'm sure of it." he assured her.

"We just need to wait for a couple of hours, is all."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 12:41:57 )

Callie just sighed.

"Yeah, I can wait." she commented.

"I do admit, I don't really want to though." She followed a few seconds later.

"I'm really uneasy about being back here. I've been in the other world for years... because Vyran isn't there." She continued.

"finding myself back in Adaminia... admittedly kind of scares me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 21:24:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym just sighed.

"I can understand that." he said. "To think one is safe for so long... and then find oneself in danger again." he continued. "Or, well, perceived danger, anyway." he clarified.

"But as I said, the Seer is an amazing prophet. She'll certainly be able to help us." he assured her.

"She can help... practically ANYONE." he then said further, seemingly just realising it, himself.

"Anyway, for now, try and get some food in you." he suggested.

"All this worrying and concern will certainly be exacerbated by an empty stomach."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 21:32:10 )

"I know." was all Callie said.

"So, tell me about yourself." She added, changing the topic abruptly. She didn't want to repeating the same stuff, again, so she figured that a topic change would be best.

I get it. Go to the Seer. We have to wait. No need to say it fifteen times. She thought/

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 21:57:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Me?" Adym asked, before pausing and thinking.

"Uh... well, as you can tell, I'm... special..." he mumbled. "I have an affinity for Nature... even more so than your average Wood Elf." he told her.

"As you can see, not only do I have the ability to grow and maintain various species of flora, but woodland fauna tend to gather around me and trust me as well." he continued. "...and those that I trust as well." he added.

"I moved to this little town to protect my people." he then told her.

"I figured that if I left my home, my people would be safe, seeing as I wouldn't be there to... well... hunt out." he sighed.

"I DO miss home, though." he admitted.

"But as long as they're safe, that's what matters."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 22:01:51 )

"I miss home too." Callie commented. "So I can completely understand that."

"But, perhaps you should stop by briefly, say hello and make sure things are still going well." She suggested after a few minutes.

"Unless you are in contact with anyone there, of course. I'm not sure it would be needed if you are."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 22:21:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....hm." Adym mumbled.

"Perhaps you're right." he said. "I suppose it couldn't hurt to... check up on them." he admitted. "I don't have any contacts or anything between here and there." he then lamented.

"We'll deal with you first, though." he continued.

"It'll be easier for me to return home than you." he reasoned.

"But... yes, it makes sense to go back and see them... it HAS been a while." he sighed, as one of the two-tailed squirrel creatures approached and nudged at his wrist, causing him to smile softly.

"Yeah, the animals can tell when I'm feeling down." he chuckled, gently using his finger to pet its head.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 22:24:03 )

"Animals are far better are reading the room than anything akin to humans are." Callie commented.

"We 'intelligent' species tend to overthink things, and come up with reasons, excuses, or whatever else to explain away a possible problem. Animals tend to not do that." She added with a light shrug.

"So I'm really not surprised. I'm sure that they are a comfort, too."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.