Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 07:45:13 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...right, back in a moment." Adym responded.

He then disappeared back into the house, and was gone for about 2 minutes this time, before returning with a set of hair clips that looked... natural. In fact, they looked like they'd been grown and crafted into clips.

"Try these." he said.

"If you need a mirror or something, there's one in the house, or you can use the little pool by the tree to look at your reflection." he told her.

"If you can't get those to work properly, we'll go with the cloak." he continued.

"Having two people walking around in cloaks would be a bit suspicious, but less so than your hair." he then reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 07:48:16 )

Callie nodded before setting to clip the blue under the brown that she had. She could tell the difference, as the blue had a bit of a cooler temperature, and as a result she didn't need a mirror.

After a few minutes of fiddling with her hair, she managed to get it to a point that she was sure it was all right, before looking to Adym.

"Hows' this?" She asked.

"Is the blue sufficiently hidden, and it looking natural for here?" She paused a moment. "... or at least as if it was intentionally styled, but not to hide something?"

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 08:04:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym looked her over, checking her hair thoroughly, before nodding.

"Yes, indeed." he said.

"I cannot see ANY of the blue, unless I were to get... well, let's face it, uncomfortably close to you, so I shall back off..." he said further, before realising JUST how close he was, and taking a few steps back.

"...and it looks like your hair could pass for something someone would do here." he admitted.

"Or something akin to it, anyway." he clarified.

"All sorts come through this town, it's like a through-way for a LOT of traffic in ALL directions, so what could be seen as a slightly weird hair style will be dismissed as just being from elsewhere in the world." he then reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 08:05:33 )

Callie nodded.

"Perfect." she said.

"Thank you." She added with a soft smile.

"Shall we then?" she asked, before motioning for him to lead the way. She could find the seer herself, but saw no reason to go alone.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 08:25:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Let us be off." Adym responded.

With that, they left his backyard, through his house, and made their way into town.

When they arrived in the core area of the town, she saw that Adym was accurate when he said all kinds passed through the town. She saw a centaur or two, what looked to be goblins, an orc, plenty of humans, and everything else in all shapes and sizes. To say that her and Adym would stand out would be... an outlandish statement.

He led her through the crowds, making their way to a market alley of sorts, with small tents and kiosks and carts and people on rugs peddling their wares, from food, to weapons, to utensils. However, the one that stood out the most was a purple-hued tent that was a little taller than the others, with jewels lining the folds, and a curtain of beads at the entrance.

"...and we're here." Adym said.

They then stepped forward, and he gently moved some of the beads aside.

"...hello?" he said into the barely-lit enclosure.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 11:27:18 )

Callie walked with Adym without a word, taking in all that was around her. She wasn't so much in awe as she was just curious. She hadn't been to the town they were in for far too long.

When they stepped inside the tent, she looked around, a little uneasy. Due to growing up in the world she did, she couldn't help but wonder how much of a scam this was - even if she knew that it wouldn't be. Well, it most likely wasn't.

They were met with silence for a few seconds before a blonde approached.

"Oh! Hello, Adymir, Calysta." She greeted with a smile.

"I was told you two would arrive." She continued before grabbing a folded piece of parchment that was on a table nearby. She held it out to Adym.

"And I was asked to give you this, as the one you have come to see has needed to step out to deal with an issue herself."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 21:45:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym was silent as the blonde said what she did, and then handed him the piece of paper. He looked at it briefly, before accepting it and looking at the on that gave it to him with a small smile and a sigh.

"Well, she's not in, it seems." he told Callie.

"But that's still not stopping her from helping us." he chuckled.

He then opened the parchment and started to read, his expression becoming far more serious now.

"...I..." he stammered.

"Callie, I need to go home now." he told her.

"According to the Seer's note, it's in danger."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 23:34:33 )

Callie was silent for a moment before meet Adym's gaze, a serious look to her.

"Then please, don't let me hold you up." She said simply.

"Go. I'll be fine on my own. I'll just make it a point to take a ship across the ocean." She added with a chuckle.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 23:49:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym was silent for a moment.

"Hm." he muttered.

"It.... says here... that WE'RE supposed to go there." he said.

"Read if you want." he told her, handing her the parchment.

"This IS her writing, delivered by her assistant, in her tent."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 23:54:55 )

Callie accepted and read the note over before shrugging.

"All right then." She said simply, handing the parchment back.

"Let's go prepare, then head out, then." She added.

"As it seems that we need to."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 00:08:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym was... surprised and impressed that Callie was adapting so quickly to these new changes information and direction, but he didn't really say anything, before looking to the assistant.

"Thank you." he said.

He then was about to leave, before pausing.

"Ah, right." he muttered. "Before we head back to my home to prepare for this trek..." he continued, looking back to the assistant.

"Did the Seer mention anything else?" he asked.

"Or did she merely leave the note for us?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 00:17:37 )

The blonde assistant paused a moment, thinking.

"Ah, she did say one other thing." She started.

"Be prepared to hike." She continued.

"You may be able to take a carriage to your home, but you will need to hike to your goal. If you do hike it, instead of ride it, you will encounter an old friend who can fill you in on some information that you would be lacking otherwise."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 00:37:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Adym was silent upon hearing that.

"Well, then." he said.

"When I agreed to finally do something, I never expected it to be easy." he commented. "And something that helps us in the long term, no matter how nebulous it might be, is always preferable to something that helps in the narrow short-term." he reasoned.

"So. We're preparing to hike." he told Callie.

"...if that's all right with you." he then added.

"I have money to purchase supplies that we'll need for the journey." he assured her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 00:58:08 )

Callie just shrugged.

"I used to go hiking every summer with my Father." She told him honestly, although there was a bit of pain to that statement. The question was why, though.

"I'm quite well versed when it comes to hiking - in both worlds - and rather enjoy it." she added.

"However, I don't have any tael myself." She added with a sigh.

"I can, and will, repay you any costs that you incur due to my presence, once I am able to return to Caeryn."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 01:43:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym just sighed in response.

"I do not expect any repayment." he told her.

"Though your offer is generous." he said. "I shall not refuse it." he continued.

"I have a fair amount of tael, enough so we can be properly prepared." he went on.

"And I'll need to make arrangements for my house before we go." he said further.

"...make sure things are... taken care of, animal-wise." he specified.

"Because... well, I can make it so the plants don't need tending to, and will remain healthy."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 01:51:59 )

Callie nodded.

"Of course." She said after a moment or two.

"Let's make sure everything is in order before we continue on." She commented.

"I would hate to know that something was overlooked before we left."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 02:01:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym merely nodded in response, before they said their goodbyes to the assistant, and made their way back to Adym's house, where he gathered a few things that he had that would be useful or needed... some food and flasks and such... before giving the place a once-over, and grabbing the tael he had. It wasn't an exorbitant amount or anything, but it would get them what they needed, that they didn't have.

"...wonder what she meant..." he mumbled.

"An old friend? Information?" he wondered aloud.

"As cryptic as the prophecy." he sighed.

He then looked at Callie, and nodded.

"Anything you need to do here before we go? Any needs to take care of or anything? Or anything you want to ask if I have to bring with you?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 02:11:48 )

Callie was silent for a moment, thinking it over.

"Not that I can think of, for the moment." She Answered.

"I do believe that we have everything." She added.

"Although, it is getting late in the day. If we are leaving tonight, it would be best to do so sooner, rather than later, to give us plenty of daylight."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 02:25:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym scratched his chin once more, and looked outside.

"Indeed." he said.

"It's early enough that if we decide to go tomorrow, we'll feel like we're wasting time, but late enough that we'll need to make haste to get distance behind us before it gets dark." he agreed.

"On the way, we'll grab things in the market alley. Specifically, some supplies like food and water... and footwear, if you think you need." he told her as they exited the house once more.

"I'm not sure if your current shoes will do, or if you think you need something... hardier."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/15 02:28:37 )

Callie was silent for a moment.

"Oh, no no. I'm good regarding footwear." She said simply.

"My only footear is just stuff that is good for hiking and the like." She continued. "My Father ensured that, always."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.