Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 04:14:47 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The young man just smiled as he reached over and grabbed the drink that was in front of him. He was 19, of legal age to drink alcohol... but he didn't have proper I.D. for that, for.... various reasons. But that didn't stop him from enjoying the non-alcoholic version of a long-island iced tea. He loved the taste of it, and it was his 4th that he slammed back, before letting out a refreshed and satisfied breath.

He then looked at the one sitting across from him, and smirked.

"What?" he asked. "I know it's your birthday and all, but I can't help it." he told her. "After all, can't get these back home, and I have yet to find a way to recreate or emulate them." he reasoned.

He then chuckled as he moved one of his bangs away from his face, revealing the light-blue eye it'd been hiding. It matched his other eye, as well as the streak of blue in the sea of blonde that was his hair.

"But for real, though. Happy Birthday again." he told her.

"I tell you, you really know how to pick a place to enjoy one." he went on, before looking around and noticing that a lot of the people were starting to get a smidgen more rowdy, as the local sports team's game was starting up on the various televisions that surrounded them.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"You want to stick around for dessert?" he asked her.

"Or want to head out before things start to get... well... louder." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 07:15:33 )

His date just chuckled lightly.

"Yeah, it might be a good idea." she agreed, looking around.

"The place is getting busier, and I really don't want to get caught up with the drunks that'll be here soon enough." She added.

"Let's grab something from that ice cream joint a few blocks from here as a dessert. I know you loved their offerings last time you were here." She added with a light laugh, her ice blue eyes alight with the lighting of the area, and the overall mood that she was in.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 07:38:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He nodded in response.

"Sure thing." he said.

He then sighed quietly, and looked at her, gazing into her ice blue eyes.

"I'm glad I got to spend your birthday with you." he told her. "It's been a while since we're even talked to each other." he commented. "I was beginning to wonder if we were just going to drift apart." he went on, sighing again, but this time a bit more... somber.

"I miss you, you know." he said.

"Just... it gets lonely when I can't really..." he continued, but stopped himself.

"No. Such depressing talk is not fit for a joyous occasion such as this." he reasoned.

"Shall we be off?" he asked, pausing for a moment.

"....your highness?" he added at the end with a VERY slight smirk.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 07:40:38 )

"Hey!" She exclaimed.

"Kai, come on. You know that here, at least, I don't follow all that junk." She added as he flagged down a server so they could pay.

"Seriously." There was some fear and unease to her voice though. She knew that someone was hunting her, and knew damned well that she couldn't properly deal with them if she were to try. So her best course of action was to try and avoid detection.

Saying shit like that definitely wouldn't help her stay hidden.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 07:45:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Kai just laughed in response.

"Oh, relax, Callie." he said.

"There's been nothing on that since... well... since you moved here." he told her as the server she flagged down started to approach. "I'm pretty sure you're safe for the long-haul." he finished.

He then shut up at the server got into conversing range.

He knew this was something that other people should not be privy to, so he kept his trap shut in case the servers ears told tales.

"Yes?" the 30-something year-old male asked.

"Is there anything more you'd like?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 07:46:41 )

"Could we get the bill, please?" Callie asked with a smile.

"Yes, of course." He answered before heading off to do that, and take their dishes as well.

"And yes, I know that there hasn't really been anything, but.... that's also not reason to believe that there's nothing at all anymore. We know he's still an issue." She commented with a sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 07:59:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...I know." Kai responded.

"Trust me... I know." he said. "I know that coming here was a risk as well, but... damn it all to The Void, I refuse to be away from you for ANOTHER of your birthdays." he told her.

"I HAD to. Even if just this once until... eternity." he then muttered, grabbing the glass that had the drink in it... what very little was left... and sucking at the dregs of it through the straw.

It was then that the server returned with the bill.

"Cash or card?" he asked.

"Cash." Callie responded, putting some bills on the plastic tray after checking the amount. "Keep the change." she told him.

"Thank you very much." the server replied.

"Have a pleasant evening." he finished, before turning and walking away, glancing back at the two... specifically Callie... and smiling lightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 08:04:14 )

Callie completely missed the server looking back at them as she and Kai started to get their things together and get to their feet.

It was about then, that there was a loud group coming in through the entrance. They were held up there, trying to get a reservation sorted out, thankfully, but still quite loud.

"Ugh." Callie groaned as she looked over to the group, before looking back to Kai.

"... Wanna take the alt exit?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 08:11:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Kai looked over towards the group that was crowding the entrance/exit to the place, and groaned as well.

"Lovely." he said. "Figures that your birthday falls on one of this places big... sports day things..." he mumbled, in quite the odd statement for someone to make, even someone that wasn't into sports, but he continued before anyone could possibly call attention to it.

"Yeah." he answered her.

"That works." he said. "It goes into an alley or something, but... eh, while it's pretty dark out there, this is a nice area." he reasoned with a shrug.

The two of them then left their seats and made their way out into the night. When they stepped outside, Kai stretched his arms out and let loose a loud sigh of relief.

"Feels good to be outside!" he declared, before looking around, and pausing when he noticed something jutting out of a nearby dumpster.

"...is that... what is that?" he mumbled, seeing what looked almost like a limb poking out from over the rim of the large garbage receptacle.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 08:14:59 )

Callie was silent as Kai drew her attention. She didn't know what to make of it, but she did know, however, that she had to find out what it was. she tossed her phone to Kai in the process though.

"Assuming it is what we think it is," she started as she began to make her way over to it, "call 911." She paused a moment, looking over toward him.

"And let the staff know." She added before checking what was in the dumpster.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 08:20:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah...!" Kai exclaimed, catching her phone.

"Right." he said, as he fumbled with the device.

"Ugh, darn technology, never could get the hang of it." he mumbled to himself, just as the door they came out of opened, and a figure slowly emerged from it, revealing themselves to be the server from earlier.

When Callie approached the dumpster, she paused for a moment, hesitation in her body language... before she swallowed hard and forced herself to peer into the over-sized trash bin.

What she saw horrified her. It was a man in his mid-30's, but his eyes were hollow and faded, and his mouth was agape, his chin and collar soaked with drool. But it was clear he was dead, from the blood leaking out from his nose and ears.

But what really made it frightening... was that the man was the server from inside.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 11:56:53 )

Callie was frozen for a few seconds, completely unable to properly process what it was that she was seeing.

As she laid a hand on the exposed ankle, she just backed up, shaking her head.

"no... nonono..." She said quietly, panic starting to set in. He was pretty rigid, and even though she hadn't touched him much or for long, it was easy to tell how stiff that one joint was.

She whirled around, about to tell Kai that they had to clear out and get somewhere save, just to see the one that was there, behind Kai, still standing in the doorway.

"Shit!" she exclaimed before throwing a spear of ice at the newcomer.

"Kai!" She called, hoping to get his attention before the one that was there could properly do something, anything, to either of them.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 18:47:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Kai was surprised by the ice spear that Callie had created... but only because he was wondering why she was doing it. Not that she COULD do it. But he then whirled around and saw that the 'server' was there.

"What the!?" he exclaimed, jumping back a little, as the server managed to catch the spear that Callie had thrown.

"....well, well, well." he said, his voice darker than before.

"I was hoping that this could have been done a lot quieter, and far more elegantly." he commented.

"But it seems that this world's inhabitants have a natural gift for throwing plans into chaos." he growled, glancing back into the restaurant. "And you've discovered something you shouldn't have." he went on.

"No matter, I still have finally located you." he continued, looking at Callie.

"...princess."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 22:38:04 )

Callie didnt' say anything, just growled.

"Oh fuck off you asswipe." She snarled before grabbing Kai's hand and turning to leave. She didn't care, she was going to get the fuck out of there and leave him be. She knew taht she couldn't do anything in that world, not without serious repercussions, so she wasn't going to be stupid.

Plus, she realised that the chances of the pair of them being able to actually deal with him were.... pretty low. She didn't like the odds, so she wasn't going to play the game.

Instead, she had every intention of getting out of the area.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 23:00:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Kai was silent, but started to allow himself to be taken by Callie... but the man that was there was apparently not having any of it. He narrowed his eyes and swung his arm out to the side, connecting with Kai's shoulder.

Instead of a hit, though, it was more of a violent shove, as his follow-through wrenched Kai free of Callie's grasp, and send him flying into the wall off to the side.

"Out of the way!" he snarled.

"YOU are nothing." he snapped, before looking at Callie.

"Now that the trash has been dealt with... we have business." he told her.

"I think it's high time we were... properly introduced to each other."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 23:08:02 )

Callie hadn't a chance to react to Kai being shoved to the side before their attacker said their piece.

"Oh fuck off, Vyran." She snarled, heading over to Kai as she said so, intending to just grab him and go.

Granted, she did realise tha tit wouldn't be easy, and that there was a good chance that she wouldn't be able to, sadly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 23:17:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man, the one she referred to as 'Vyran', just smirked as she started to quickly head to her friend. However, he was quicker than she had anticipated, and darted towards her, extending a hand and grabbing her by her wrist.

As he did, his eyes flashes a clear and deep lavender, as though something inside him were pulsing... yearning to break free.

Which he DID let slip... and right into Callie's system.

"Ah, ah, ah." he said.

"That's no way for royalty to speak." he told her.

"Show some more respect for those that you ought to." he continued, his smirk growing ever so slightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 23:20:16 )

Callie's steps faltered as he grabbed her wrist. She couldn't properly understand what was going on, why she was stopping, what he was doing.

She knew it normally, but ... it wasn't a surprise currently. Once Vyran laid a hand on someone, she knew that it was trouble for them.

Even if she couldn't know that for the moment.

She felt disconnected from reality for the moment, and it was something that he was well aware of from others he'd done this too.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 23:33:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He smirked when he saw this, and continued to hold onto her wrist for about 3 more seconds, before letting go.

"Now." he said.

"Let us be rid of this foul world and its trash inhabitants." he told her, glaring at the motionless Kai, the impact from earlier either dazing him immensely or rendering hi straight-up unconscious.

"It's time to return... home." he added, waving a hand in the direction of the opposite wall, and the very brick and mortar seemingly twisting and turning and morphing, as though it were nothing more than particles in liquid. It all twisted in a clockwise direction, before it turned into a pulsing hole... what looked like a portal to another dimension.

"It took so long to learn, but it's now paying off." he said victoriously, as what looked to be a tunnel of energy could be seen forming within the hole, leading deeper into... nothingness, it seemed.

"Ladies first." he told Callie, gesturing for her to enter.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/12 23:48:06 )

There was a little bit of delay, hesitation, before she acquiesced, making her way into the rift that formed.

She was completely silent, but that wasn't too surprising. What he did tended to render his victims mute, after all. They would only speak when told to.

As she stepped into the rift, she paused. He didn't have a complete hold on her, but enough that she couldn't stop herself from going where he wanted. However, she was able to throw her hand out toward Kai, causing him to freeze for about ten seconds, before Vyran prodding her to continue - to which she did. All she could do, was hope that the chill would be enough to stir him.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.