Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 22:59:13 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"They really are." Adym responded.

"I'm... the only elf that lives in this town, though I DO hide my ears when I head out." he told her. "VERY few people here know what I am.... and yes, the Seer is one of them." he then mumbled.

"So the animals here are an amazing source of companionship." he finished.

The creature gave a little trill as Adym finished petting its head, before it went over closer to Callie. Once it did, it sniffed at one of the squares, before looking up at her and making quiet chittering noises.

"That one's definitely a curious one." Adym chuckled.

"Feel free to gently shoo it away if it's bothering you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/13 23:48:48 )

Callie just shook her head. "Not an issue at all." She said simply.

"As for them being companions, I'm not surprised, if I'm being honest." She added.

"Really, I'm just happy to hear you have some sort of comfort while here, especially while you're alone where."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 00:00:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym just smiled again, as the creature got even closer... and then scampered up Callie's arm, perching on her shoulder and sniffing at her hair.

The elf just laughed at this.

"Seems it's attracted to your hair." he commented, before pausing.

"But why...?" he asked himself, before snapping his fingers.

"Ah!" he exclaimed. "They're attracted to... well... sweeter and more floral or berry-like scents." he remembered.

"Maybe it's your shampoo." he suggested.

"You use one that's scented or anything?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 00:02:20 )

Callie just chuckled lightly.

"So long as it doesn't start to eat it." She commented.

"And yeah, I do." She answered. "The stuff I use is ... well, it smells tasty as all get out, and I mean to a degree that you or I might want to taste it - assuming we forgot it was shampoo."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 03:17:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym just looked at the creature, as it brought its head in closer, sniffed her hair some more, before realising it wasn't food. However, it didn't leave, it merely decided to take up residence on her shoulder, as she felt it lay down and curl into itself, wrapping its two tails around its body and head.

"...and now it's decided that that's a good place to... nap." he mumbled.

"So long as it doesn't bother you." he said.

"Regardless, that makes sense." he told her. "It's not used to that, as we tend to have... well... more staple and utilitarian methods and substances to keep ourselves clean." he explained.

"We still have shampoo and such, but it's not scented or anything, unless you're willing to shell out for it... but this town... well, a few places have that opulence, but the majority... don't." he added.

"Anyway, is the Triae all right?" he asked.

"I have... minimal experience in actually MAKING it." he admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 04:10:04 )

"Oh, don't worry about that, it's quite delectable." Callie assured him.

"And I know. It's one of the luxry of the other world." She added between bites.

"I admit, I'll miss it if I'm stuck here for awhile." She added before reaching up and lightly petting the critter on her shoulder, taking care not to properly disturb it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 04:20:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The creature let out a low trill, and Adym laughed.

"Means it likes it." he told her.

"Seems it thinks your shoulder is just the perfect place to nap." he said. "But it'll get off as soon as you start to move from the picnic table." he then assured her further.

"...or until it wants to eat." he added.

"Regardless, good on the food." he said.

He was then silent for a moment, and sighed quietly.

"...I wonder if your being here is the start of the prophecy..." he wondered aloud.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 04:41:07 )

Callie paused as he mentioned the prophecy, not say anything for a few seconds before sighing heavily.

"The setting suns, the rising moons,
"Her name he calls, her name he croons.
"The wish he has, will doom the worlds,
"The worldly fate, around us swirls.
"A band, a group, can save it all,
"Or deeper to the void, they may fall.
"Trusted by all, and unknown to most,
"She's the one that can help - yet she's a ghost."
She said.

I hate how cryptic it really is." She commented with a shake of her head.

"There's no real way to know for certain who it is pertaining to, but... I do hope that the group is something you and I put together."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 05:09:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym was stunned for a moment.

"...that's exactly it." he said.

"And... you and I, huh?" he asked, before looking around... and then to the sky.

"Maybe... maybe you're right." he said. "I've been... just... living here. Existing here. Haven't been doing anything." he admitted. "And this world... it's slowly dying." he lamented.

"It's only a matter of time before Vyran conquers this realm, if we continue to do nothing." he said further.

"...so perhaps it IS time we actually take a step forward, and start turning the gears in the other direction."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 05:14:42 )

"If the ghost comment is relating to me, then now really is the best time to step up to the plate and try and fix this." Callie commented.

"Which is a terrifying concept, I admit." She added with a sigh.

"But... I'm not sure if it's possible for us to not do something."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 05:35:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, Adym nodded.

"Yes, I agree." he said. "It... just... perhaps you suddenly appearing her IS the signal for us to finally start to do something." he agreed, before thinking about something.

"Which means I'll need to say goodbye to my home here." he went on.

"I'll get a friend to take care of the plants and animals, though." he then said further.

"....well, the animals. I can make it so that the plants will last for a VERY long time without getting attention." he clarified.

"....Callie, the thought of this terrifies me as well." he admitted to her.

"However, I think that... as long as I have someone else with me... then I can do this."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 05:42:11 )

"Considering the prophecy, I don't think it will go ... too horribly." Callie commented. "Or at least I hope."

"I don't know what it is that we are really to expect to come next." She added with a light sigh.

"All we can do... is take the first step into the future, and see where the path takes us."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 05:54:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Indeed." Adym responded.

"....." he was then silent once more, before sighing quietly.

The next few hours were spent conversing and with Callie helping Adym around the house, and Adym making sure that his plants would be all right, before the Wood Elf looked out a window, and to the sky.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"Yes." he said. "I think it's been long enough." he continued, looking back towards Callie.

"Let's go." he told her.

"The Seer should be in, and she'll have been in for a little bit. So we can comfortably go there and expect she'll be in." he reasoned.

"So let us be off." he continued, before pausing a moment.

"Ah, I need to get something first." he added, disappearing into his bedroom, where she had woken up earlier.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 06:03:38 )

Callie was silent for a moment before he headed off, not sure what it was that she was to make of that. When he headed off, she just sighed.

"I wonder what he's gone for." She muttered as she carefully got to her feet, making sure that the critter on her shoulder didn't fall off or anything. She didn't know if it would want to take off or not, but she did know that she didn't want it to abruptly fall.

When it seemed it wanted off, she just let it crawl into her hands and set it down on the table again.

Then waited.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 06:25:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After a few moments, Adym returned, wearing a cloak with the hood down, and holding a case. A glasses case.

He opened the case and put the glasses on, the rectangular frames complimenting his eyes and overall face.

"All right, I'm ready." he told her.

"The cloak and hood is to hide my ears, mostly. Well, the hood is, and the cloak is... well, because JUST a hood looks weird." he muttered.

"And I have trouble seeing things farther away." he continued.

"Hence the glasses." he reasoned, before pausing again.

"...think we should find a way to disguise YOU as well?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 06:27:11 )

Callie was silent for a moment, looking him from head to toe.

"I... have never met an elf with glasses before." She commented.

"And ... are they enchanted?" She asked.

"Looks like your eye colour is darker."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 06:48:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym nodded in response.

"A light enchantment, but yes." he confirmed. "It's all to help disguise who I am, truly. It's why I've been able to stay in this town for so long without being found out." he continued.

"I'm known as the weird guy that lives alone and is friends with the animals, but he's harmless and nice enough, so leave him alone, he's all right." he then listed off, before pausing.

"Or... something akin to that." he murmured. "Regardless, it works for me." he said.

"Anyway, what about you?" he asked.

"If anything, we should... find a hat or something, to at least disguise you a LITTLE bit, yeah?" he reasoned.

"...or do you think you'll be able to blend in as is?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 06:53:05 )

Callie was silent for a moment, debating the answer for a moment.

"I'm ... actually not sure." She admitted.

"If you happen to have another cloak, that'd probably help. A Lot. Mostly to hide my hair, I admit." She continued. "Or if you happen to have something I can use to clip my hair in a way to hide most, if not all, of the blue?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 07:16:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......hmmmmmm." Adym mumbled, scratching his chin.

"I might have both." he told her.

"Or, to be more specific, I KNOW I should have another cloak, and I MIGHT have something you can use to clip your hair to hide the blue." he went on, thinking about it some more.

"Yes... yes, I think I might be able to do that." he confirmed.

"You have a preference?" he asked.

"If it helps, the cloak might swim on you a bit, but we appear to be the same size, so... perhaps not."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/14 07:27:22 )

Callie shook her head.

"No preference at all." She answered.

"Both should work, so either of them would be good, I think." She added.

"If one is easier than the other, then that works perfectly fine for me."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.