Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment What is the best concert you have been to?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 14:39:27 )

@Vampiretaco: I’m not sure. Did they sing for you?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 16:58:57 )
@Totalanimefan:
Dance, spin plates, preform weird gymnastics, and juggle fire to music.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 21:25:29 )

@Vampiretaco: Sure, why not XD

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 04:03:35 )
The best concert I've been to recently was probably Shawn Mendes' Illuminate in 2017, Kurt Hugo Schneider & Sam Tsui in 2016 (it was so amazing meeting Kurt & Sam; Sam said I was really sweet :3), Taylor Swift's Reputation in 2018, or Palaye Royale in 2019. :) I met Emerson afterwards!!

@aisukohi: The Ice Nine Kills concert sounds fantastic; I'm happy you enjoyed it and got to hold Spencer's foot. :) I haven't been to an Ice Nine Kills concert before (not sure if I will, because I can't turn down the heavy screaming in concerts, only in music videos xD I do like the screaming, but also, my poor ears lmao ), but I do love some of their songs like Stabbing in the Dark. ^^ As soon as the song started (after the initial setup scene), I was like, omg his voice is gorgeous. <3 And I love a lot of their acoustic performances overall.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 00:33:40 )
@Jessamine: Depending on the venue, you could probably go to some concerts where it can get loud but not bothersome. For the INK concert I went to, you probably wouldn't have liked the venue since it was standing room only.

Also I've seen Palaye Royale in concert, and lemme tell you...they did not disappoint! <333 Also I've seen Motionless in White twice, and so many more. Can you tell I love concerts? XD

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 00:37:13 )
@aisukohi: What are your fave INK songs? :)

Yeah; I may check the venues out, thanks! I've been to standing room concerts before, like Palaye Royale and AFI. Palaye wasn't too bad, other than people whacking me when dancing Imao, and noise wasn't deafening. They played a few of my fave songs, venue staff were friendly, and meeting Emerson was such an amazing surprise omg. AFI was a sadder experience; that was my absolute favourite band, so I'm still upset...three years later lol Their Blaqk Audio opening for Evanescence in 2012 was a much better experience; it was seated venue.

That's great you enjoyed Palaye in concert! ^^ What was your fave part of the concert?

What are your fave Motionless in White songs? :) I may actually consider going to Motionless in White more than INK tbh, as their songs are a bit more mellow, other than Devil's Night (which is insanely gorgeous )

Yes, I can tell you love concerts. :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 03:54:59 )
@Jessamine: Favorite INK songs, hmmm...Stabbing in the Dark and A Grave Mistake, just off the top of my head. I'm not as familiar with them as my sister is, who's obsessed and the reason we went to the concert lol.

That's awesome that you got to meet Emerson! What makes you upset about AFI (out of the loop as I'm not a fan, but not a hater either!)?

Favorite part of the Palaye Royale concert was probably Remington climbing up the sides of the stage (like scaffolding, but idk if that's the word) while he sang Get Higher, but also he complained that he was hot later and ripped off his shirt and did a little lowering of his pants for the crowd, and my fiance screamed "LOWER!!" which caught me off guard but was hilarious. xDD

Favorite Motionless in White songs definitely have to be (in no particular order) America, Another Life, Reincarnate, Eternally Yours, Contemptress (feat. Maria Brink from In This Moment), and The Wasp.

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 08:54:00 )
@aisukohi: Awesome INK songs; these are my faves too xD

Thanks!! :) Emerson & I said hi & that it was lovely to meet you to each other. I said I enjoyed the concert, he was a very talented drummer & artist, & I thought he was sweet and lovely. He hugged me a few times & said our photo together was prom style omg

Well, the 2017 concert is what made me mainly sad about AFI, not the band in itself (although my fave songs mainly start from Black Sails in the Sunset onwards, but I thought their latest album was just okay, although I like Aurelia). I didn't feel good standing up while eating food/my stomach felt really bad & I had to finally sit down on the ground (and miss out on some of the performing); a concertgoer kept yelling for Davey to do more hardcore songs.

There was a little light to balance the dark experience though; the venue was, while standing room, an expansive space so as not to jostle anyone when dancing & everyone was able to see the stage (even though there were no big screens), and they played some of my fave songs which wasn't deafening. Oh, and after the concert, a concertgoer noticed how sick I was, and went to get a venue staff member to help me out which was sweet :)

When I researched the venue Palaye was performing in, was likely to be standing room, I was like, to myself: No eating food!! & I ate an early dinner at home, rested a bit, and then went to the concert & everything went well xD

That sounds awesome! xD I've heard of Remington always climbing venues; it's astounding that he can do all these stunts. :) He didn't climb the small stage where I was though lol :( And that's a great stunt to do in the tune of Get Higher XD For my concert, they got the audience to do a little Get Higher dance. :P & omg that sounds like a really funny and cool experience XD How did Remington react? :P

Awesome MIW songs!! I also enjoy Break the Cycle, Devil's Night, and Holding on to Smoke.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 22:40:02 )
@Jessamine: Sorry for the late reply lol.

Your experience with Emerson sounds so wholesome and fun!! <3

I love concerts in general because people have the tendency to look out for each other and make sure everyone's having a good time. I'm small in stature, so sometimes when I get toward the front of the stage, it gets a little crazy and you feel squished like sardines in a can, but people tend to ask me if I'm doing okay lol.

I'm not sure if Remington heard the remark or if he chose to ignore it since he seemed to have no reaction, but it's fine. xD I'm glad your Palaye concert went well overall!

Ahh, Break the Cycle is good, though I'm not sure if I've heard Holding on to Smoke. I may have, but just forgot, so will have to give it a listen.

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/28 00:21:16 )
@aisukohi: Thank you!! <3 Yeah, it was a great experience meeting Emerson, although I was pretty shy. xD I didn't get the chance to meet the other members since it was getting really late, but hopefully sometime in the future, I will.

That's great to hear about people being nice at concerts ^^

Oh okay xD And thanks! :)

Holding on to Smoke reminds me a little of a more laidback Break the Cycle, but still pretty good imo~ :) Also, I forgot to add this, but how were your MIW concerts, btw? :o & Did you hear the motion picture classical versions of Another Life & Eternally Yours? Re - your In this Moment mention, I love The In-Between & Black Wedding. :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/29 01:50:18 )
@Jessamine: I've never actually done meet n' greets with artists, but eventually I would like to! So there's that to look forward to--artists always seem to have some opportunities for that at shows.

I went back and listened to Holding on to Smoke, and turns out I have heard it. I thought it was pretty good as well. The MIW concerts I went to were before the releases of Another Life and Eternally Yours, otherwise I'd have LOVED to hear those live. The songs I remember hearing live were America, Reincarnate, and I think Break the Cycle.

Yesss, In This Moment is another of my favorite artists, and Maria Brink will forever be my WCW lol. The first song I ever heard from them was actually one of their more tame songs, You Always Believed, but my favorites include Whore, The In-Between, Sex Metal Barbie, Roots, The Fighter, The Promise, Beautiful Tragedy, and The Gun Show lol. I've seen them live twice, though both sets weren't very long due to them coming to the festival I always go to. So EVENTUALLY I hope to see them live more on their own tour thing. I hear they're supposed to be touring next year making a stop in Orlando possibly, so if that's a thing, I hope to go with a coworker/friend.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 14:12:56 )
One of the more interesting concerts I've been to was David Bowie, who was touring with Nine Inch Nails at the time. It was an outside concert and it was absolutely pouring rain (the concert continued). Everything was slippery and muddy and messy, and in some ways it wasn't the most fun concert (although in other ways it was, and it was certainly memorable!), but O...M...G... the charisma coming off that man from the stage, across the mass of people... it was palpable - even through all the mud and the rain!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 17:59:23 )

i have a talent of going to concerts, remembering everything that happened before and after but nothing *during*

that being said
    biggest one was L'Arc~en~ciel in NYC in 2012, that was So Much

the most chill were the ones i went to in japan, for cali≠gari and goatbed and i absolutely loved those 🙏 respectful audience and they're my current favs right now so :"3

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 06:55:34 )
@aisukohi: Good luck for future meet and greets! <3 Yeah, that's true, and I noticed concert meet greets are usually more casual and there is more time to chat to the artist than in busier events like conventions~

Great MIW songs to hear live :) And I agree Another Life and Eternally Yours would sound epic live ^^

...I'm not very well-versed in In this Moment actually, other than loving The In-Between and Black Wedding xD I love Maria's voice and the visuals though. Her costumes are really pretty too; she reminds me of a character from one of my favourite fantasy book series :3 That's great about the band & Maria being your faves ^^ I listened to a few unfamiliar songs you listed, and omg, I was so surprised to see Chris Motionless in the Whore MV!! Great MV~ I love the energy and anguish Maria brings to the song/video. (Also, the only other MV I saw Chris guest appear in with another artist was Angel Eyes by New Year's Day). That sounds good; hopefully their tour will happen & concerts in general will happen again :) I hope you have fun at the concert ^^
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/6 03:17:18 )
Rock USA 2019?? Mainly went to see Distrubed(which was awesome BTW), but found a really cool band I fell in love with called Starset. Plus I was proud of myself because I only had two panic attacks(one was cuz I was in a port a potty and I hate them) and another was I got seperated from my SO and all of a sudden a flock of ppl were surronding me(I thought I was far enough away from the crowd, but it grew... only yhing that kept me calm was I was standing next to the box/area where they contol the sound/record and there was this guys jacket resting over the railing and the combo of the music and the texture of the jacket kept me calm until the crowd dissapted enough for me to move.)

Waaaaay back when I was a lot younger I went to see LIVE on two of their tours, Lakini's Juice and The Distance To Here tours. Awesome shows!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 20:09:31 )

2021 and we still can't go to any lol, maybe by late summer or fall?

I'm hoping that I'll be able to go to one this year. (safely of course)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 15:11:52 )

@totalanimefan: Even though all my concerts were fantastic, I'd highlight just two of them. Marilyn Manson concert bought me with spectacular performance and dramatical moves, but yet I loved simple solo concert of Einar Selvik in 2019... No spectacular show, but he was the real scene god of his music and himself, and love towards his ancestors and Norse Mythology. His band Wardruna delayed two concerts in Russia in 2020 (I criiieeeed), So they are willing to give us another show in July of this year, so I can't wait, I'm sure this will be the best performance I'll visit in my life. Also, I'd like to go to Heilung show, these guys are more tribal, and their concerts are always spectacular.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/23 10:46:11 )
Oof, this thread makes me feel old, I barely recognize any of the band names D: I think the only ones I recognized in the whole thread were David Bowie, Nine Inch Nails, and Metallica.

I've been to 6 concerts. All of them memorable in their own way..

Saw Panic! At the Disco in December 2006, birthday present from my parents and my mom went with me. My first "real" concert that wasn't one of those "children's entertainer" deals. Jack's Mannequin and Cobra Starship opened for Panic! Got to meet Gabe Saporta after the show, and he signed my paper ticket.

Next concert was Judas Priest in July 2008, the tour for their Nostradamus album. First concert without my parents; went with a high school friends. I think Testament opened for Priest? Don't remember them too much, but Priest was amazing.

I took my mom with me to see Alice Cooper & Rob Zombie in 2011 xD I kinda figured she went with me just because, but she knew more of the Alice Cooper songs than I did!! She was up on her feet with me singing along with Rob Zombie, I'll never forget my mom screaming "Mars needs women, angry red women". My mom is the coolest, and I love her.

My two most recent concerts were both Theory of a Deadman, in 2015 and 2020. The 2015 show is super-memorable because I got just a couple feet from the stage and was able to get some pretty awesome close-up pics of the band.
The 2020 show is super-memorable because it was the last thing I did before the pandemic shuttered everything - and we had VIP meet & greet tickets!! We got to meet the band, get our photo taken with them, and get them to sign a poster we were given, and they also signed my favourite CD! I was suuuuper-nervous because I have a massive crush on the frontman, had no idea what I was gonna say or how I was gonna stop myself from turning into a bumbling fangirl xDD Thankfully, my tour shirt from the 2015 show saved the day! The frontman noticed it and asked me where I got it, so I got to say that we'd seen them in 2015 =D

I've also been to a few concerts at a local recording studio. There's this awesome tribute act called Led Zepagain that comes through once a year, and even Jimmy Page says they're like seeing the real thing. Mom & I have seen them twice, and they're absolutely one of the first acts I want to see again when the pandemic is over. There's also a local Irish band we started following, very much looking forward to seeing them play again.
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/12 11:25:27 )

@Alchemists Fire: I am so, so jealous of that Alice Cooper/Rob Zombie combo! I'd love to see either of them and would darn near kill to see Alice in concert, oh my god. <3

Anyway, best concert I've seen? Oh gosh, how do I choose? (linking to famous songs of each) I've seen Lordi (yes, the 2006 Finnish Eurovision champs) twice (lots of pyrotechnics and very very loud, lol), Peter Gabriel (lots of neat lighting effects and generally just a beautiful show), and The B-52's (lots of neon, some fireworks, very 80s lol).

Honestly they were all great for different reasons.

Oh! Almost forgot I saw Lynyrd Skynrd with my dad a few years ago. That one was bizarre; on one hand there were lots of old conservative farts, and on the other there were lots of old pothead hippies (my dad is somewhere in between lol).

Peter Gabriel and The B-52's are special to me because I went to them with a dear friend who's no longer with us. And Lynyrd Skynrd is special because I went with my dad and he wasn't really around when I was younger to do stuff like that with.

Lordi, though, at Ozzfest 2007, was my first real concert, plus there was a meet & greet. And then I saw them again in 2008, and got to chat with them after the concert out back of the venue, which was also really cool.

Please ping me!

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/26 00:31:06 )
The only concert I went to so far has been Judas Priest back in 2018. It was great! I really want to see Gorillaz and Radiohead live, too.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.