Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment What is the best concert you have been to?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 02:32:05 )

You know, since we can't go to any in 2020. Why don't we talk about the ones that we have been to. Which one was the best and what made it so good?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 02:35:02 )

Mine was probably went I saw Home Made Kazoku in 2010. It was just amazing! They are so talented and they really knew how to entertain the crowd! They voices were also really nice too.

2nd best would be Bradio in 2019. I had front row tickets and they were also a lot of fun. Everyone was dancing and having a great time.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 03:28:25 )
Hard for me to say since I feel like I've seen so many artists within the last 5 years. But there have been a few that have left some lasting impressions on me. In no particular order of greatness...

Avatar...saw them at Welcome to Rockville a couple years ago. My sister wanted to see them and I was unfamiliar, but I became a fan that day. Their style and the way they sounded live just blew me away, and this was all in the Florida heat, mind you. Anybody who can hold their own and sound amazing in our weather has my respect.

Ice Nine Kills...saw them in Tampa last year with my sister. They're reeeeally into theatrics with the classic thriller movies (IT, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, just to name a few) as their muse for their music and aesthetics. Anywho, I got to hold part of the lead singer's foot as he stood on top of the crowd while he sang, and it was magical. *o*

Amon Amarth...saw them in Atlanta last year. Never have I ever seen an entire FLOOR of people get on the ground and start rowing as if they were on an old Viking ship. I've seen mosh pits, I've seen crowd surfing, I've seen band members stand on top of crowds while they sang/played their instruments, but I've never seen THAT, and that was awesome!!

Pierce The Veil...they've been one of my favorite bands since like, forever, and I got to see them while I was somewhere in my first trimester of pregnancy. xD I sang my heart out to every one of the songs they played, and the crowd around me was so nice to prevent crowd surfers from coming near me since I started showing a bit of a belly back then lol.

TOOL...my goodness. I've never been one to partake in recreational drugs, as many of their fans do when it comes to their music, but their set was pretty amazing even sober. Just...I don't think I've ever been so chill at a concert and yet having an amazing time lol.

Jesus, I could write a book with all the great artists I've seen so far. A majority of them came to Welcome to Rockville, which I try to go every year, so most of my experiences stem from that. But concerts are my happy place, and I'm so looking forward to being able to safely go again someday.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — she, her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 03:37:37 )

My best concert to date was Mariana’s Trench in NYC. The energy at that concert was unreal. It was engaging, fun, the costumes were on point. We were right near the stage. Worth every penny for VIP.

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/28 08:40:13 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

I've seen Trans-Siberian Orchestra...four or five times? Mom always makes me wear nicer than casual but not formal clothes and every time we see most people are in jeans
Mom plz
Also saw Blue Man Group once. That could've been fun, but my seat was in a corner below a balcony so basically all the super fun audience participation stuff I couldn't do. Also had a chaperone (school band trip) scold me for making a mess. Of the TP supplied. Like everyone else. But no I was the one she decided to scold. I just wanted a strip to grab and throw. Like everyone in range was doing. One of my classmates got one of the hot seats, aka one of the "audience member goes onstage" seats. He got painted on and then hooked onto a crane upside down and bodyslammed onto a canvas
I wanna see them again. But hopefully with a better seat. And obviously no nasty chaperone

And then at my summer job is a Performance Arts Center, or PAC. I live close enough that if the weather is right, I can hear from just the bass to the whole song. And our cell tower stuff stops working
Getting out of work is the same time as a concert dumping and traffic goes to shit. If the officers herding the traffic don't think about it, employees will have to wait hours to get out of the employee parking lot, nevermind the area
Noise ordinance starts at 2300. Park closes at 2200 but all the stuff means most are getting out ~2230, which is when concerts dump. Getting shafted means you can be waiting in the employee lot at 0200 and still waiting, if it's big enough of a concert and/or accidents occur
Some rapper isn't allowed back because his fans caused so much violence all the ambulances in the county were out of service (aka in use) on just said concert. Supervisors were all "do not leave alone. Do not worry about cleaning up morning shift can do that go and clock out and get out" to tell you how bad that concert was. Eugh

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Voltie — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 10:41:24 )

I saw Brand New a few years ago after their most recent album release and it was great.
But like, then Jesse Lacey got publicly called out for grooming minors and kinda ruined it for me.
Plus some girl who was coughing in the crowd nearby got me sick.
It was still an awesome show at the time though.

please @ me if you want a response
art by blinkini

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/18 15:13:44 )

I'm a gigantic nerd so my favorite was seeing Nobuo Uematsu's band, Earthbound Papas, at Onicon a few years ago.

I had the chance to go see Bradio when they came for the convention here but I made a poor shoe choice and ended up having to go back to our AirBnB and missed it. T-T I love them though, they're so much fun.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/4 06:39:33 )
@Totalanimefan: I remember the Bradio concert being pretty dang good(for the record, I was somewhere else further back in the room with a group).

Outside of an anime con? Prolly Metallica, back when they were touring for the Black Album, and Jason Newstead was still with the band.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/4 15:52:54 )

@Priestess of Pie: which con was that? I’m sorry you missed it. It was amazing.
@onsenmark: it was hard to beat that concert. It was really great!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/4 18:13:34 )

@totalanimefan: A-kon in 2018. Hopefully I'll get another chance to see them someday.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/4 21:34:56 )

Parkway Drive. That whole show was just on fire.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/5 00:41:43 )

@Priestess of Pie: I was so jelly that they were playing there. I didn't know until last min and I lived in CA at the time. :(

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/5 16:48:42 )

@totalanimefan: I went to the panel afterwards and they seemed optimistic about playing in the US again so here's hoping. Just gotta... get to a point where travel is safe again...

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/5 16:58:46 )

@Priestess of Pie: Yeah they ended up playing again at Otakon 2019, and that's where me and Onsenmark saw them (not together)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/5 21:49:00 )

I've never been to a music concert. Growing up poor in the middle of the countryside ftw!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 01:28:02 )
@Totalanimefan: I went to a town fair last year and Randy Rodgers band was playing...though I don’t remember it much see this fair was kinda a smaller version of Oktoberfest so beer was a big thing and I was on medicines not to be mixed with alcohol so after a few drinks I was down for the count. Thank god half my family was there.

Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/13 01:30:34 )
Honestly, nothing huge. But I vividly remember enjoy Pierce The Veil debuting their first album in concert. It was in San Diego, where I am from (dont live there now) and they also were from. Show was beautiful and the album was a huge success, as evident by their great success since.

Awesome show.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/29 01:35:08 )
I saw Ghost live twice and it's been amazing both times! I think my favorite had to be when they played at the Walt Disney Theater in my town. It's kinda ironic because they are a Swedish metal band that plays off Satanism so for the to play there was hilarious. I think it was better than the first time because there were actual seats (though I did miss the pit and fighting to get to the front).
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — He/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/8 08:22:29 )
I've only been to one, but I don't think much can top a Weird Al concert. I was delirious from the heat and somehow it only heightened the experience. The man's a cryptid.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/13 14:29:05 )
@Totalanimefan:
Would the Acrobats of Shenghai be considered a concert?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.