Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I strained the tendons in my arm.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/11 22:25:08 )

This week I started really working a lot at my job that is work from home. They gave me a laptop and I don't have a desk at home, my husband uses it. So I was on the couch, doing my job with a track pad and I way over did it.
My whole arm is soo sore, my hand is swollen and I can see marks on my arm where the pain is. I really gotta rest it this week and then start using a mouse instead of my trackpad. Ouch T_T

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/11 22:39:06 )

Ouch! Be really careful because carpal tunnel is not something you want to have. Be sure to take breaks and stretch.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/11 22:43:56 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

oh no :-( i'm sorry to hear that it sounds painful!
i hope you can stretch and recover soon <3 gotta take care of ur health <3

do you have a kitchen table or anything you could co-opt as a desk for the time being?
or a counter + books/boxes you could makeshift into a standing desk?
best wishes for finding a setup that works for you :-)

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ══════════════════════════════

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/11 23:43:13 )

@Priestess of Pie: Thank you, I will. I'm going to have to go at a little bit slower of a pace at work. And take breaks.
@xvz: Thanks, I'm going to use a dining table, that should help. (It is really painful, it sucks)

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/11 23:51:58 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@totalanimefan: aww :-( does icing it or ibuprofen/aspirin help?
and that's good! hopefully the table will make recovering easier <3

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ══════════════════════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/12 00:11:17 )
@totalanimefan: ouchies..aww so sorry to hear that.. hope it doesnt stay painful for too long :/

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/12 00:30:55 )

@totalanimefan: If you can get a wrist brace that can help in the short term. My mom let me borrow hers last time I messed up my wrist and it helped a ton.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/12 02:51:35 )

oh no that sounds really painful sorry to hear that total
if possible, I highly recommend getting an ergonomic mouse (example)! they look ridiculous but so much better for your wrist than trackpad or traditional mouse. those mouse pads with the lil wrist padding are good too.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/12 03:07:23 )
I'm sorry to hear about your arm, Total - I hope you can rest it and heal it up very quickly and easily!!
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — Trash Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/12 03:48:52 )

Since 1103 posts.

oh nooo make sure to ice your arm! It will help with the swelling. I hope you feel better soon, definitely not a fun time.

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/12 04:45:39 )
Yikes, hurt arms/wrists suck. If it's carpal tunnel syndrome I recc these stretches when the swelling goes down. The neural glides are pretty good too
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/12 11:57:52 )
❄🌈 ❄ Underlying all our fears is a lack of trust in ourselves! ❄ 🌈

@Totalanimefan: something similar happened to me. I have tendonitis in both arms. Finally on steroids. Make sure to ice it, rest when you can, elevate it. And keep range of motion.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/12 20:56:55 )

@xvz: I'm going to start taking meds for it today.
@LilMissKushy: Me too. I have work tomorrow.
@Priestess of Pie: That is such a good idea. I should get one. I don't own one at the moment.
@koneko: I'm most def learning that I need to rest it more than I thought I would. I thought this weekend would be enough, but I don't know if I will be ready to work Monday morning.
@Hachi: Thanks for the advice. It hurts more than I thought something like this would. ^^; I do have a good mouse and I'm going to use that this week instead of the trackpad.
@Wildfire: Me too. I can't post much with it hurting.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/12 20:58:02 )

@Alexis: I'm going to have to do that because days later the swelling has not going down.
@Lilykin: Thank you. I will be doing this!
@Xanthan: If this was the before times I would be going to a Dr about it, but I don't know if I should go cause of COVID

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/13 22:03:15 )

@Totalanimefan: are Tele visits not an option? My doctor did a Tele visit for me. I hate prednisone but it has helped. But also made me feel starving and hot and sweaty. :( meh

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 09:00:55 )

@koneko: It could be nerves. I think it's my tendons though?
@Xanthan: Oh I should do that for sure.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 11:27:27 )

@Totalanimefan: truly, try and see if it is an option. doctors don't wanna see you unless it is major important. so the chances are much higher that you could get a tele visit. mine was all of maybe 7 min. i loved it.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 01:31:56 )

@koneko: no it’s ok! I’m glad it’s not nerve pain! That’s really serious. It’s much better in most places except for where it was really bad. It still hurts there.
@Xanthan: I’ll look into it this week.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.