Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀wishlist⠀{ come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 06:22:21 )
@xvz: yeah i still need to buy some commons but i am saving for more larger items. :)

no flight rising does not have avatars but it does have dragons you can dress up kinda like avatars.
Tons of clothing an stuff
this is my lair here
https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/105661
( not sure if you can view them offline ??)

an i am back :D/

done by xvz

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/1 07:01:03 )

@xvz: I’m honored! You make any kind of avatar you want tho!

Yeah long days are the only thing we seem to be able to look forward to this summer :(
I traveled to a con for New Years and I got a bad cold/cough but I’m glad that I got to see my friends at least. I don’t know when I’m going to see them next :(

Lol no good cycling in South Bay. Some parts of downtown San Jose have bike lanes but other than that no. I would think you would be ok in NYC since lots of people bike and the drivers are used to looking for cyclists.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 21:01:55 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

hello sorry ! it's been hard to reply with ... everything going on this week
it's been hard in general, there's just been so much
how are people doing?

@junko7: woah the art is very pretty!
the forums move pretty quickly there right?
i feel like it seems fun but potentially overwhelming!

@totalanimefan: aw :-( do you video chat with any of your friends?
yeah i've been trying to think about what the best case scenario could be for 2020 at this point
:vichardxC: unclear...

oof do any of you watch black mirror ?
it's like someone got bored of the pandemic episode and skipped to the next one

we're in a black mirror jumanji smoothie

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 21:09:36 )

@xvz: How have you been?
I saw yesterday that NYC didn't have any COVID deaths yesterday!!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 21:16:25 )

@totalanimefan: it's been a rough week
i took a sick day today ...

that's good
it's wild that a pandemic is not the biggest thing happening right now ...

how about you?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 21:32:59 )

@xvz: I didn't see the ping above me and I decided to message you out of the blue. That's why that last response was kinda generic sorry. XD
I'm unclear about best case for 2020 but I would say getting Trump voted out of the White House is one. XD Police reform would be good, the green new deal, money for rail, bike and other forms of infrastructure.

I'm sorry that you are sick today :( It is wild that the pandemic isn't the biggest thing but I'm kinda glad because BLM and I hope that the protests are big enough that we get some kinda of reform.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 22:14:02 )

@totalanimefan: oh i see, that's ok haha
you seem a lot more hopeful than i do
that's true, i hope there will be a lot of change happening this year
it could be an opportunity to build new structures that actually bring power to the people and support Black lives

i've been doing what i can to help out, but it's still good to take breaks / disengage as needed
sustainability is important !
i've been logging off social media and deleting the apps from my phone, i check maybe once a day

how have you been taking care of yourself lately?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 22:18:52 )

@xvz: I just feel like things HAVE to change. People will revolt when they are jobless(or poor), hungry and angry. That's the perfect revolution combo. XD
Also I do lose hope at times, but hope is really important.

I haven't really been on twitter because every time I see those horrible police videos I start crying. It's just so wrong. I haven't been out protesting but I did give in a BLM charity and my husband's employer matched it 2-1! Next week, or the week after, I think I might pick a food bank to donate to. They are in need of money as well.

Voltra has really helped me a lot over the last few months. We are a good community and that's something we all need right now. Like I said before, not being on twitter as much, I was already off FB. Signing petitions and donating makes me feel like I'm taking part in the movement (cause I am, but I'm not out in the streets). Getting off the internet and doing another hobby, like video games has also really helped me too. What about you?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 22:19:13 )

Also side note, I really like talking to you. It's easy to have a good conversation with you. ^^

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/5 23:22:58 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: Hey there, how are you doing today? I hope you're doing alright.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 06:23:24 )

@totalanimefan: yeah i can definitely see that -- it's interesting how covid lead right up to this and how it must have played a factor in the way things are playing out currently. and that's good to donate if you can! i have been too

yeah having community support helps a lot for sure, so have hobbies. i've been playing music/piano and drawing lately and it's helped a lot. and watching she-ra lol i've been binging it all week and it's been a helpful emotional release. and i guess making food though i'm starting to repeat recipes :p

have you been making anything good lately? i could use some inspiration on the cooking/baking front!

and aww thank u ^^ i think you are friendly and open to chatting, like your signature suggests

@chiffonorange: hey chiffon! it's been ok
this past week has been a lot but i was about to dedicate time today to rest/recharge
how are you?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 07:28:18 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: I see, glad to hear that you're okay ^^ and I'm fine as usual. About to head outside for a while.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 07:32:36 )

@chiffonorange: well, not sure what okay means these days though lol
and that's good, are you going for a walk?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 07:34:38 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: Oh, okay then xD

Hmmm... Probably. Even though I'm more of a homebody tbh lol

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 08:00:33 )

@chiffonorange: it'll be good to get out of the house and have some fresh air
is it getting hot where you are?
it's starting to get hot and humid where i am, i have the fan on currently

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 08:10:19 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: Mmhmm. *nods* It always has been this hot since I live in a Southeast Asian country as it has no seasons, just the usual humid weather and sometimes unexpected rain lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/6 18:48:19 )

@xvz: yay I’m glad that you were able to donate.
Those sound like good hobbies. My switch has been getting a ton of use lately.
As for cooking I’ve been making chicken noodle soup, coconut curry, English breakfast, fired egg sandwich. And baking PB cookies, brownies, cinnamon rolls, etc. I also make matcha lemonade and cold crew ice tea.

As thanks. I added that to my signature because there was a time where a lot of new people were like I don’t know who to chat with or I feel nervous around new people so I decided to put that in my signature to let people know that they can always come and talk to me ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 02:51:55 )

@chiffonorange: ooh i didn't know that about you, i was wondering where you would be with your time zone haha
may i ask which country? (no pressure if you don't want to say)
do you like the climate you're in? is dry vs. wet season a thing?

@totalanimefan: oh fun, what have you been playing?

those all sound really good! i might make chicken noodle soup sometime
i try to change it up but lately i feel like i have no brainpower for deciding what to make, so i've started to repeat recipes a little
i've been making brownies and cookies too hehe
i've also been eating vegetarian a lot lately, since meat doesn't really keep unless you're freezing it
it wasn't really a conscious decision but it does feel easier for cooking since it takes longer for my ingredients to go bad

aww that's so sweet ^^ i can definitely see that, joining a conversation when you're new to the community can feel nerve-wracking, and people can still have social anxiety even though it's over forums. it can take time to settle into the community, and even then it can still feel hard to jump in

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 02:58:58 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: That's alright xD I live in Malaysia and that's a hard one, there are times I do appreciate it and don't appreciate the hot weather sometimes lol. And yes, though it's more of a dry or wet season rather than vs. :o

Also mind if I say something about the joining a conversation part? No worries if you don't want me to talk about.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 03:03:26 )

@chiffonorange: ooh i see, i had a friend from school who is from malaysia. do you speak malay?
do you have a preference between dry and wet season?

and feel free to ^^
i think something that's a little hard about voltra is that you have to tag someone directly for them to get notified
i feel like anyone can respond to anything i say, but since i tag someone it makes it harder for people to join if they weren't the one tagged
(if that makes sense)

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.