Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀wishlist⠀{ come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 08:24:50 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: Oh dear, that's rather unfortunate.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 08:27:28 )

@ChiffonOrange: Thank you. That is why I wish to move away from here. That and I'm tired of fighting for housing and rich old people just boo me at city hall. I'm ready to live in a place that I don't have to have a car, and I'm ready to be a bit closer to family, I'm on the west coast of the US, and all of my family except for my sister lives on the east coast of the US. It's a 6 hour flight to get to them and it's across 3 timezones.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 08:33:22 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: Those rich old people booed you at city hall? They sound rather rude and I would say f them anyway, just ignore them and enjoy your life *sending you a million of virtual hugs* And I see, I wish you for the best to reach your dream/goal ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 08:49:46 )

@ChiffonOrange: Yeah they did for me and my husband. And my husband is British and they were like don't listen to this guy, is he even from here? it was a nightmare. It's not supposed to be like that either. They are just bullies.
I'm off to bed. I'll talk to you later.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 08:53:40 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: I agree with you, just because he's not American doesn't mean they had to treat him like an outcast. They should've mind their own business though. And alright then, good night

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 09:01:47 )

@ChiffonOrange: Yeah exactly. Now he doesn't want to speak at city hall ever again (which is just what those horrible people wanted) Because those people don't want new housing in the city.
Yeah I'm tired. It's 1am here. Good night.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 04:28:03 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

ahh i missed so much ^^
this was a really interesting conversation to read

@dragoness129: aww tysm!! <3
you have such a lovely avi too, i really want a necromancer for the skull mask!
you're rockin it

@totalanimefan: i'm totally for affordable housing too! it's cool to hear you all tried to get involved on the local level
it is really ridiculous how expensive housing is in the bay
if you like public transit stuff, there was this cool study that shows that japan's rail system is really efficient using slime mold!

also wow you've really been here from the start of voltra huh! how did you hear about it so early?
i haven't been to an event yet but i was looking through the archives and they look so good,
i'm really looking forward to being a part of the next one :-)

@chiffonorange: i hope you and bicycles get along again some day ~
yes some cities in the us are really expensive!
i think the bay area (where total is) and nyc are both some of the most expensive cities for housing
in nyc 1br apartments would sell for >1million dollars if you are trying to buy
i think in general young people in the us have accepted home ownership is unlikely
i will say there area many parts of the us that are more rural and way cheaper though!
but i think in general wages haven't really gone up w/ the cost of inflation and the rise of housing costs

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 05:17:23 )

@xvz: It is ridiculous how many it is to live here. Too much. I'm going to take a look at that link, I loved Japanese transit systems when I was there and I loved the Shinkansen too!
@ChiffonOrange: Yeah exactly what xvz said above. The places with jobs are super unaffordable. The middle of no where is cheap but how can you have a job and live in the middle of no where.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 05:46:17 )

@totalanimefan: let me know what u think ^^
japan's transit seems really impressive to me, so smooth and clean, i can only dream for the us to get there someday
their subway can get super crowded though, idk if you've seen videos but it makes me feel claustrophobic just looking at it lol

i think my favorite mode of transit here is probably train though
it's just so nice and peaceful to stare out the window :-)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 06:21:22 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz and @Totalanimefan: Ah I see. *nods* Thank you for the info about housing/rent in the US, you guys and sorry if I missed something ^_^;

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 06:24:57 )

@xvz: OMG that's amazing. Also that just goes to show you how amazing the thought process was for making Tokyo's Public rail. I wish that it could be that good in the US. NYC and DC's isn't too bad but still has it's confusions and weak points.
It's so smooth and clean in Japan. The subway feels like a subway but super clean. The Bullet Train is soo smooth that I fell asleep on it. So did my sister and husband. You have to take that train when you make it to Japan. Japanese bullet train companies are trying to build a high speed rail between DC and NYC, but there are a lot of hurdles for that. Mostly just NIMBYism and dumb people. Like I saw a news segment about it and there were a bunch of homeowners who live literally next to a highway, and then said that they didn't want the high speed rail next to them because of the noise.
Are they dumb? Like the train is sooo much quieter than a highway, and it's not constant. It's for 30 sec like 20 times a day. Plus it would probably make the highway not as active.
I wish that I could try and change the American culture towards trains and public transportation. Trains aren't just something that was cool in the 1800's, cars aren't the best way to get around and living in a walkable neighborhood is really good for your health in more ways than just the fact you can get all of your steps in per day

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 06:30:05 )

@ChiffonOrange: I don't think you missed anything. America is just a playground for the rich right now, but hopefully the protests and the election in Nov in the US will change at least some of that.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 06:32:18 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: Oh dear that's not good, and I wish them the best of luck to change (the future? the present?) *nods*

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 06:34:39 )

@ChiffonOrange: Thanks. What is it like in your country?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 06:41:47 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: You're welcome. Hmmm... It's doing sorta okay now so far. ...Except that I've seen some people didn't bother to wear their face masks especially at outside and I'm like "do these people never care not only about their health but others as well??" and the lowkey racism (I just wish it should've died down tbh)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 07:03:54 )

@ChiffonOrange: I hate it when people don't wear masks out in public too. Everyone should be.
And racism sucks. I wish that it wasn't a thing.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 07:06:06 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, they should've take precaution of it and not risking anyone getting sick or worse. And I agree with you, racism will always be awful regardless.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 07:28:21 )

@totalanimefan: haha i definitely have a love/hate relationship w the ny mta
i do really appreciate it but it can also be a pain (delays, esp late at night, can be pretty dirty/germy, can be super crowded during rush hour, etc.) - but as far as the us goes probably our best transit system
ridership's been way down though (as you might expect) and i'm worried it'll mean fares will go up and it'll become less accessible for the people who need or use it most :-(

i didn't know about the high speed rail :0 that would be amazing
it would be similar to the bullet train? / same companies?
and yeah i agree, i would like to see a bigger cultural embrace of public transit too!

@chiffonorange: i don't think u missed anything, u don't have to apologize ^^
i'm really curious to ask what racism in malaysia looks like, if that's ok?

i got some cloth face masks recently but they're a little loose on me
have you been going outside much lately?
i've been pretty strict about staying home except for groceries
but i think in a month or two i hope things will lift a little ~

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 07:39:17 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: Ah okay then.

Pretty much everyone tend to use racist words (or to insult) at most people (whether you're the majority or not) each other whether it's suppose to be lowkey or not and racial tension is never a good thing, especially when they decided to mix religion and race even though they're two different things (which can go south really fast).

And I had to go to work since the lockdown is almost over, well kinda of. Except for entertainment areas or some buildings, schools and colleges which they got extended till August. I've been daydreaming about going to another world just to be alone sometime lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 07:54:07 )

@ChiffonOrange: racism is one of the worse things that humans do to each other.

@xvz: The US bullet train would be the same Japanese company, same train. But it's just in the planning stages, and there would need to be a lot of infrastructure improvements first. How there is a petition for HSR in the US. Here
I signed up for their emails too https://www.hsrail.org

I understand the love/hate with MTA. Best in the US, but since NYC is one of the best cities in the world, it's transit should be on of the best in the world. It needs many of the tunnels and rail lines improved. It also needs to be cleaner. I think in 2020 transit will be down, but unless 2021 hits us just as hard people will still take transit. There aren't enough space for everyone to drive a car. People will say f that, it takes too long I'm taking the train.
Culturally America has to embrace 'missing middle' type housing and Public transit or else climate change will wreak us. (As if it's not already, but you understand)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.