Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀wishlist⠀{ come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 02:25:09 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: It's pretty much like Tumblr except it allows you to have more freedom over what content you post, especially NSFW content (including the ones that are, well dark as long as it's fictional or drawn but that one is very controversial as people debated this). It's still in beta as you can't register for free so you had to spend your money (it doesn't cost a lot, I think) unless you had to get an invite code from your friends (if they had one) or on here

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 04:34:49 )

@ChiffonOrange: Oh I see. It sounds pretty cool! I hope that the community stays awesome. Tumblr didn't have the best community. ^^;

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 05:19:25 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I do hope so :<

And true, not just Tumblr, other sites like Twitter doesn't have the best community either :viosweat: I used to have Twitter before I deleted my account

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 05:26:56 )

@ChiffonOrange: Yeah on Twitter is can be hard to avoid jerks. My twitter is mostly just city/urban planning type people since I'm into that.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 05:30:38 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: Mmhmm. *nods* The only way to avoid them is either quickly scroll past them or pretend that they don't exist so they don't bother.

And that's an interesting content on your twitter :o What kind of city/urban planning type people are you into?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 05:47:28 )

@ChiffonOrange: Mostly housing. Lowering the cost of housing, how to get housing in good communities and everyone can afford. I also love transportation, like bike lanes, trains, both commuter and intercity trains. (Buses with bus lanes too).
And then from there you want good parks, walkability, options for car free living. It's mostly things like that. I got into after I moved to the most expensive place in the US and I wondered why all the housing stock was so old but so expensive.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 06:04:35 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: I see. *nods* I have nothing against with transportation but sometimes I don't like the drivers and motorcyclists, even though I rarely drive a car these days. The only thing what p*ssed me off was their (drivers and motorcyclists alike) attitude and driving freakishly fast, not turning their indicators to determine which direction they wanted to go or horrendously slow (unless they're being careful which I understand) especially on highways and they wondered why they caused so many accidents...

And yes! More walkable places to make them more like those European historical cities or filled with nature would be nice. Yeah, same here in Malaysia where housing is also expensive and not everyone could afford it (especially apartments, bungalows and so on)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 06:17:55 )

@ChiffonOrange: Oh in the states pretty much everyone drives except for a few cities. When I say transportation I mean like Public transportation. So that people don't have to own a car, and people can have the option of not buying a car. Cars are expensive and horrible for the environment. I hate bad drivers too. XD

I would love that. I always say isn't it funny how rich people will fly to Europe on vacation go to this old, historic, walkable cities and then come back to the US and drive everywhere. We could have awesome, wonderful cities here too if we could just be rid of parking lots, and people needing to drive everywhere.
Housing is soo expensive in the US. Over half of US household and cost burdened. Which means they spend half or more of their income on housing/rent.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 06:32:18 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: Ah I see. And yeah, having that option would be nice too. :o And so true, I think cars in general are expensive unless you brought an used one but still expensive because you have to repair it when it breaks down and glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this way lol

Mmhmm. Oh that, I too wondered what were rich people doing while they're on vacation in Europe. :B They probably don't care for the scenery or environment as well (not all of them, just some)

And holy ship! That sounds really absurd (0 A 0 )!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 07:04:12 )

@ChiffonOrange: Yeah cars cost soo much. There is the payment, insurance, gas, maintenance, taxes and such. It's damn expensive.
Rich people are enjoying the car free life style and then come back to the US and use their cars to go everywhere and wonder why Europe was better XD

Yeah many many people can barely afford housing in the US. It's been bad since the great recession.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 07:16:49 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: Ikr? Haha I doubt they actually want to give up on their cars after they had their vacation there, they had a choice whether they can afford a bicycle or not, same goes for transportation.

Oh dear, that was really unfortunate. I feel bad for them :c

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 07:23:31 )

@ChiffonOrange: Yeah. I have a car right now, and I'm hoping to be able to move soon to a city where I don't need a car. It would save me a lot of money and be better for the environment. I also want to be able to use a bicycle again, but it's really dangerous to do here. Too many people driving hit cyclists.

Me too, that's what I decided to get involved in housing and then it expanded into caring about city planning. Not only would I love for my rent to be cheaper, but it really saddens me how many people can't afford rent, food and medical care in the US.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 07:33:39 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: I see. *nods* I'm not exactly good at bicycles since I have a poor balance whenever I ride one :viosweat: and true, riding a bicycle in big cities is dangerous and I think suburbs or at least cities that has very few cars or no cars would be better to ride there. And oh my, that is a very serious problem.

True, if only the goverment (regardless of country) actually did something to address those issues in the first place as they tend to cost more and thousands of people tried to work hard enough to save up some money for necessities and well as retirement. Some people worked for long hours 'till their health (physical, mental or emotional) gradually become worse.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 07:44:17 )

@ChiffonOrange: Did you learn how to do it as a kid? I did, but I haven't ridden a bike since I was a teenager.
Yeah my husband is a very good cyclist and he was hit by a car coming home from work one day. It was BS. The lady just fled the scene, which is illegal.

I wish that my government would do something about all these problems. Maybe after Nov. That's when Americans are able to vote Trump out of the White House.
I worked 3 jobs while I was in college here. I also worked 2 jobs after college and I couldn't afford to move out for a while. The minimum wage here is too little.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 07:53:30 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: Used to ride one when I had a bicycle as a child but I fell down instead and thought that I'll never be able to ride a bicycle for the rest of my life and due to being embarassed as well. Ah, then he is indeed a good cyclist :o That's cool and why the hell did that lady fled away? She should've face the consenquence for hitting your husband (and almost endangered him).

I see. *nods* And that sounds too little to have minimum wage though they could've raised it a bit like that as you said, despite you had 2 jobs. Are there any jobs that have a decent wage in the US? (It's okay if you don't want to answer)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 07:57:20 )

@ChiffonOrange: Yeah I know. I had to take him to the hospital :( He recovered, but now it's afraid to cycle here. I don't blame him though.
The min wage in the US is a joke. Some states and cities have raised it, but the last time it was raised was 2009. I think it's time for another raise.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 08:02:06 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: Ah that's a good relief to hear and yeah. *nods*

I see. I'm guessing the raise isn't exactly a lot at that time as well and yeah, another raise would be good so everyone don't have to worry about it.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 08:09:30 )

@ChiffonOrange: Yeah it's not a lot. It's only $7.25 an hour. Which is nothing. Rent in the US for a one bedroom is like $1200 a month across the US. It's $2800 for a one bedroom in my part of the US.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 08:14:46 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: I see. *nods* That sucks. :( And woah, $1200 a month? o_o *quickly used a currency converter to MYR* Damn, that's very expensive even when converted to Malaysia's currency (around 5,121 MYR) and $2800 sounds absurd for a single bedroom tbh

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 08:23:06 )

@ChiffonOrange: Yeah I was paying $2800 a month for an old one bedroom. Now my mortgage is more expensive for that and I still live in a one bedroom place.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.