Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀wishlist⠀{ come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 03:14:12 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: Yes although I speak...well, kinda bad tbh lol and I speak three languages (Mandarin, Malay and English (if it counts haha) and rarely speak Cantonese except with very few words, hmmm... Not a fan of dry season but I do like wet season a bit as it can be pretty cold (hence why I like cold weather (autumn counts too even though I never experienced it in my whole life ._.; )

And alright then. True *nods*, Pinging them is the best way to get their attention unless they're afk or did read your reply but haven't think of better words to reply back. :o And yeah, especially if they don't seem to be interested in joining in to chat with. Sometimes I do get anxious about talking to new people or people in general unless it's someone close to me.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 03:28:37 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@chiffonorange: oh cool, that is a lot of languages to be fluent in!
my impression is that these are all common languages in malaysia?

haha what's your definition of cold / how cold does it get?
autumn is nice, i like how it's brisk and breezy but it's so short, it goes so quickly from too hot to too cold

yeah that makes sense, it's not always easy to know what to say, especially if you're trying to join a conversation or don't know people well yet

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 03:44:47 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: Yep, hmmm..... I would say they're pretty common depending on which city you're in. And a windy weather would be fine lol, sorry if I didn't explained it very clearly. and I see, that sounds comfy and I thought autumn is colder than summer and spring haha my bad for not doing researching perfectly.

*nods* True, true. Even when you try talk about interests (like roleplaying, drawing, watching TV and stuff) just to get to know about them, some of them tried to (or just straight out) troll you or being acting creepy by asking what you're wearing or send them a picture or something that most people wouldn't want to ask those kinds of things whether in RL or internet.

Sorry if I talked nonsense about it.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 03:51:25 )

@chiffonorange: ah i see, have you grown up there your whole life?
you don't have to apologize ~
autumn is colder than summer and usually colder than spring!
i wasn't sure if cold weather for you meant the same thing as like, snow
or if you meant like, breezy / cool

that sounds awful, i'm sorry those have been your experiences :-(
hopefully not on voltra ?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 03:58:27 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: Yes. :o and I see and also my bad for not explaining the cold weather part clearly to you. I should've said windy weather earlier minutes ago Dx aaaahh

Yeah it is, and I hope I would never encounter those things again and it's not on Voltra since people are genuinely nice here unlike some other forum site (*coughs* Gaia *coughs*).

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 04:10:37 )

@chiffonorange: it's ok haha you don't have to stress over it
is all your family there too?

ah yeah i think part of it is like - if the community is so big that your actions don't have consequences (on other sites)
something else i wonder too is i feel like voltra has (maybe) a slightly older crowd, like 20-30s?
so like the community is slightly more mature and community-minded

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 04:19:22 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: *nods* Yep. Though I live with my family since finding a new house is quite expensive here, then again, I'm not sure if people find it weird or "immature" for a young adult (or middle aged adult and above) living with their family due to personal reason...

Yeah, I think people don't seem to care about the consequences they've caused as soon as they treated the internet like a playground. Hmm... me either, I guess maybe it's because the people here got fed up with other forum sites or any social media sites/apps so they went to Voltra because they find it wholesome and somewhat pleasant (or relaxing).

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 04:27:00 )

@chiffonorange: ooh i see. i don't think that's weird, plenty of people live with family for various reasons
lots of young people in the states can't afford to move out, and i know in other cultures it's considered the norm to live with family unless you have a reason to otherwise
are you close to them? (no pressure if this is a personal topic for you)

and yeah i can see that, i think the community here is pretty wholesome and relaxing ^^
the forums can be a little slow at times but i think it can be a good thing too - it's not overwhelming and you can post at your own pace

i think youtube started tying your comments to your email as a way to like, address toxic comments and online harassment (since they're tied to you and not just like, an anonymous username)
i really don't like having my identity tied to the youtube comments i make and my youtube account lol but i can see what they were trying to do with that approach

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 04:40:51 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: Ah I see, that seems reasonable though there'll be some idiots keeping saying on how young people should just move out already despite the prices have becoming more expensive hence said young people had a reason. And yeah we don't usually care about young people living with their relatives here unless they have sufficient money to move out.

That's quite a hard one, while I don't really mind them but there are times I do feel lonely and sad, talking to my parents about it would usually gave me the same old "You're fine" or "Don't be so crazy. You don't have any problems at all." (especially when it comes to talking about mental health, which they still don't understand), heck even talking to my younger siblings would've given me the same results. Hence why I don't talk to them sometimes.

*nods* Yep. It's true the forums are a bit slow but that's better than nothing as long as you take your time on posting :) No need to rush at all.

Oh frick, same! I don't even like my email being attached to YT comments either and I rarely use my YT account since I often log out or go incognito on mobile (why doesn't YT give us the option to log out is beyond me). I know they're trying to stop cyberbullying/harassment but what if someone who is smart enough to take a screenshot of a comment then might try to dox someone? That would be unfortunate.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 04:54:23 )

@xvz: I’ve been playing Rune Factory 4, Dragon Quest 11, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

We haven’t been having much meat either. Eggs have been a big help in getting enough protein. Also salads are good and easy to have. I’ve been getting tired of the same food too. Something ordering takeout is a must. Something you can’t cook at home.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 04:59:04 )

True facts about Voltra. It’s not as fast paced as Gaia back in the day but it’s no where near dead and in fact it’s growing a little bit at a time. I just love the community here.
That’s crappy about the YouTube thing. It’s a toxic community there.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 04:59:22 )

@chiffonorange: ooh is it expensive everywhere? are you in a major city? (i don't know too much about your cities )
also i'm curious but is there tension between singapore and malaysia? like can you go b/n the two pretty easily or like how is the situation perceived culturally?

aw i see, yeah that's tough to have your family be dismissive of what you're feeling. there's still a lot of misunderstanding and stigma when it comes to mental health, i'm sorry you're family isn't being very supportive. i hope you're doing ok ~

ahh yeah it makes me feel like i have less control over my identity on the internet, like i use a photo with my email and i don't want to use my photo and real name for youtube. but so much is on youtube that i'm still going to use it :-/ i could try using a different account, i'm not sure if they make that easy or not, but also my subscriptions/algorithm recommendations would have to reset which is still a hassle

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 05:03:36 )

@totalanimefan: how long have you been on voltra? ^^ curious if you've noticed any changes over the years ~

and those all look really fun - are they all rpg's?

i've eaten so many eggs these past few months lol, so many ...
and also a lot of chickpeas and beans
i've been doing like black bean tacos, chili, i made some hummus near the beginning and would have it w apples or w bread
sometimes i'll do a runny egg over rice + kimchi if i don't feel like thinking haha

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 05:09:07 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: I see and yeah, YT community is horrendously toxic especially some content on videos or comments. I just wanna watch some funny videos or cute videos to brighten the day. Dx

@xvz: Unfortunately it is. And yes, I'm in a major city. Hmm.... I don't think there's any tension except that people working from Malaysia to Singapore would a hard time on going back to their hometown due to the pandemic, at least.

Thank you. *sending you a virtual hug* I would say the same to you as well. Sadly, it still is as plently of people still don't understand or refuse to listen because of it.

And true, I understand when it comes to email but using real life/personal info for YT or any social media site would risk of the potiental dangers. You could try using or creating a different account by puting fake name and all but the only thing I hate is that some apps would stil require you to put your mobile number. Ugh. And yeah, it can be a hassle to go back and forth to find your subscriptions/algorithm recommendations most times.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 05:11:27 )

@xvz: I joined on day 2! So it’s been a little while. The site has certainly grown but the staff still works really hard. The only changes I can think of are positive. I don’t know if you joined after the last event or not but they are really great here.

Yes they are. In March and April I was also playing Animal Crossing but I got bored of that. I have also been playing a puzzle game called SubaraCity. Which is amazing. And it’s only like $2.

I’ve been eating a ton of eggs too. I’m a little tired of them but they are so cheap and good for you. All of the food you talked about sounds pretty good.

@ChiffonOrange: I knew they were bad but that sounds really bad. I normally don’t even look at the comments. Sometimes smaller YouTubers have nice communities.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 05:14:03 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: Yeah. And it's better not to look at the comments unless the uploader decides to disable them. I see, that's good to know :o *nods*

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 05:15:28 )

Very lovely scenery avatar!
Best of luck getting everything you are questing!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 05:46:18 )

@ChiffonOrange: yeah you are right. It’s just better not to look at them.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 05:48:39 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: Mmmhmm. *nods* Viewers are here for the content of the video as long as it's okay.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 06:46:35 )

@ChiffonOrange: yup. Your new avatar looks cute!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.