Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀wishlist⠀{ come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 07:55:04 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@chiffonorange: oh i see, i didn't know about racial tensions there
but that makes sense, i can see how it gets complex with religion too
it's mostly muslim is that right?

ohh is there a set date for when it's considered over or anything like that?
the protests here have been a really big deal, the pandemic feels like an episode from last season on a show or something
do you have to go into work often?
i hope you can find some alone time ~

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 07:55:16 )

Sorry about the late reply. I was working on that reply for like 20 mins XD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 07:55:37 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: True. *nods* Along with sexism and other bad things.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 07:58:17 )

@ChiffonOrange: Yeah, if only we could just treat people like we want to be treated.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 07:59:09 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: Yeah, although there are non-muslims living in Malaysia besides muslims and I don't think there are any protests here since most of them didn't want to risk of getting caught by the police if they did that and yeah, it does feels like a year ago lol

Only on weekdays, and thank you, I would say the same to you, xvz ^^

@Totalanimefan: Same *nods*, but unfortunately there are some people who just refuse to think those kinds of things exist even in modern day era or didn't want to treat others as normal people. :I

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 08:09:31 )

@totalanimefan: lol nw, i can be slow at replying so it doesn't bother me at all

cool @ hsr! i didn't know there was stuff underway, that's really exciting ^^
i would love a high speed rail system for around the country, that would be really amazing

and yeah - it's really unfortunate but the mta is pretty underfunded i think
no pressure at all to watch this lol but nyt did a pretty good video on how the mta trains have been slowly getting defunded / profits get put into funding other stuff instead of reinvested
and i agree i feel like a shift towards accessible + clean (environmentally but i guess maybe also hygienically?) public transit will be necessary w climate change, fingers crossed - though i wonder how/if more rural areas would welcome it

@chiffonorange: i see, and oh no
is there anything you're feeling optimistic about for the rest of the year?
is your workplace/office crowded? i hope you can stay safe back at work ~

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 08:18:01 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: Ah... well that's a hard one. The only thing I wished for is to go pass through year 2020 to 2021 Dx

Fortunately my workplace isn't crowded since I'm the only employee working there and its cons outweighs the pros though. :x and I regret working there tbh. And thank you.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 08:24:38 )

@chiffonorange: i feel you

and oh wow you're the only one there??
i'm sorry to hear that though, what do you regret about it / what would you wish for instead?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 08:29:05 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: Yep and no worries, you don't have to apologise ^_^; The only thing I could've wished for is to find a different job (probably next year), at least in next year as I doubt most people are willing leave their job for vacancy this year

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 23:21:55 )

@chiffonorange: aww yeah that's too bad and most likely true
can i ask what you don't like about it? / what kind of job would you rather have?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 23:32:24 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: Mmhmm. *nods*

Sure, well the only thing I don't like about it is how my boss keeps micromanaging me as I don't really like the idea of having little to no privacy. And the job I would rather have is storekeeper (as in checking or/and packing stored goods)

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 23:36:56 )

@chiffonorange: oh that's the worst lol
i hate being micromanaged / surveilled and privacy matters a lot to me too
i hope your boss can back off lol

and ooh i see - may i ask why storekeeping?

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 23:44:43 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@xvz: Yeah, definately the worst *nods* And if only he could listen to me that I wanted privacy lol then again I doubt he cares *shrugs*

Hmm.... It's quite a long story but maybe I find it okay as I don't have to interact with customers and doing all of the paperwork or invoicing in general lol, ofc I have to pick up the phone but it's mostly other employees calling just to tell the item they wanted. And I can just do it at my own pace without rushing.

And if you don't mind me changing the subject but what's your opinion on social media? No worries if you don't answer, I understand

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 23:47:22 )

@ChiffonOrange: Yeah true. I don't know why I didn't see this ping though. Sorry.

@xvz: Oh yeah I saw that video when it was new. I didn't know that things where that bad before that video or how many money the public transportation system in NYC makes for the economy of NYC. It's crazy.
How do other cities not see that and think, wait we need to get trains and good public transportation.

Oh, it's not about NYC but there is a bridge in VA to leads to DC and it's from the late 1800's. It's obvs super old and at 98% capacity. Every single train type that exists uses this bridge, so Amtrak, Freight, VA trains, DC Metro, and it's only 2 tracks. It needs to be improved so that Amtrak (and others) don't get delayed behind freight trains. And so that people carrier trains can go faster on the tracks too. It doesn't really help NYC directly but more to trains from the south will be able to come to NYC with the same service as the normal DC-Boston corridor. So the corridor will be more like Southern VA to Boston.
It's called the Long Bridge Project and it's supposed to be done by 2026-2028 I believe?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 23:49:00 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: It's alright, I understand *nods* So how are you today?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 23:55:13 )

@ChiffonOrange: I'm tired but ok. It's already 4pm, so it's not that much longer until sleep XD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 23:57:16 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: I see lol, it's almost going to be 7am here haha

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 00:05:37 )

@ChiffonOrange: Oh my gosh you are up so early....or you just never went to bed XD

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 00:07:48 )
**** (> ^ w ^ <) ****

@Totalanimefan: Haha who knows lol

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/11 01:42:41 )

@xvz: You are very welcome!
And thank you!
Best of luck getting a Necromancer as well. The skull is a very cool pose from it.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.