Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀wishlist⠀{ come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/21 03:59:42 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@kairu: ah do you usually do exercises or anything? like figure drawing or drawing from life?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/21 04:03:51 )
Kairu's long dragon tail is dragging against the dirt..

@xvz: nope, my art level is this way because i have limited time to practise and i am just starting to do it right by doing drawabox site

drag the tail to da infinity!
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/21 15:31:43 )

@xvz: Yeah I guess we got married on the right day in 2014 XD
One year when it's safe I would like to take him to Charleston SC for our anniversary. 2021 is a no go, but maybe 2022 or 2023? He's never been and I think it's such a romantic city. And March would probably be a great time to go to escape late winter up here.

Sorry your trip got cancelled. I was planning on going to FL in April to see family. Obvs that didn't happen. Then Otakon got cancelled and Magfest announced they were cancelling 2021 Magfest about a month ago.

Yeah his company pays for it and we get a weekly test in the mail. He only really needs to be tested since if I have it he would have it and vice versa. I can't seem to find somewhere to be able to get tested unless I'm experiencing symptoms which we both never have. Every week it comes back negative and we always hope that it will next week. XD

I'm pretty stressed that kids went back to school. I do kinda feel like there is no right answer, but humans make errors so to be it's better to make the popular extra safe. Like one person could wear their mask right and not touch their face, and do other safe things, but will 100? will 1,000? Nevermind that we failed to get people on the same page about everything.

I'm pretty sad about all of the great places that have closed. I told my husband that chicken and waffle placed closed and he was like NNNOOO! We were totally going to go there next time we were in FL. :( I think that more places are going to close in NYC and DC that were great places to eat. I don't know how the cities are going to recover from that. I try to support local places when I can, but it's not something one person can do. It's about us all supporting places. Here in DC I never go to chain places. I only chains I do are the local ones that have more than 2 stores. Oh I do go to Nando's which is a chain. There aren't that many in the US though, more oversees. https://www.nandos.com If you are ever in Chicago, the DC area, or in the UK you gotta try this place! It's amazing. I would have it all the time in the UK. (And now I have one a walkable distance from me!)

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/21 23:03:00 )

@kairu: oohh i haven't heard of drawabox before , do you like it so far?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/21 23:13:07 )

@totalanimefan: ooh i've never been to charleston, is there anything in particular abt it you'd wanna do there?
i hadn't heard of magfest before but it looks fun, i hope we can go these kinds of events again someday soon :-( 2022 and 2023 feel so far away lol

woah i didn't know they did that :0 does everyone who works there get mailed the weekly tests? that sounds so convenient, getting it mailed weekly and to be able to do it yourself at home :0 i wish my job did them!!

aww yeah u_u i felt weird abt ordering delivery for a while (like is it bad to?) but there was a certain point where i was like oh is this ... is this considered doing my part lol >_> (sometimes i call and do takeaway too which is probably also good?)
i feel like most places around here tend to be local which i def appreciate abt living in this kind of environment
i think you've mentioned nando's before, it def looks tasty!! i think there are peri peri places around in nyc but maybe not in my neighborhood
i'll have to try it if i'm ever near one ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/22 00:09:46 )
Going to mirror total's answer about Florida food...I don't think there's anything in particular that screams Florida about our food. xD I mean we're known for oranges, and our seafood is pretty bangin', but nothing really to say "if you're in Florida, you gotta try it here because it's the best!" Maybe gator tail...? Idk, but it's really good if you have it fried. :d Kinda tastes like a fishy chicken nugget hahaha.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/22 00:56:58 )

@xvz: I went there in 2000 with my family when I was a kid. It was a lot of fun. It was fun to walk around the town, be on the water and the zoo was nice too. Now that I'm an adult I can do to a lot of the bars and restaurants too.

You can get them if you request it. We started requesting it in Sept. I wish that it was easy for everyone.

Yeah if you can get the food not through ubereats or Grubhub etc, the restaurants get to keep more profit. But I do use it sometimes use it to have local restaurants that I can't reach otherwise. I don't have a car.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/22 00:57:30 )

I do love a Florida orange <3 As a kid I had a few different kinds of orange trees in the backyard. I loved the fruit that came from them.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/22 01:15:52 )
My grandmother had a few orange trees too, growing up. Unfortunately they all died. But she has a sister-in-law who got some seeds from her and now grows them at her house, so if I really wanted to, I could probably attempt to grow trees again from the same oranges, more or less. xD

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/22 01:58:47 )

ohhh oranges i forgot!! if i'm ever in florida someday i'll be sure to eat lots of citrus lol , and drink orange juice :-D
i've never heard of gator tail woah :0 i don't think i've ever seen an alligator irl before!

orange trees sound so nice ^^ i think in my dream home scenario i'd love to have fruit trees <3
can you grow an orange tree just ... from the seeds you find in oranges? :0

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/22 01:59:43 )

at one point i had been looking into dwarf citrus trees! they seem relatively apartment friendly as far as growing fruit inside a 1br goes lol
i might revisit again after this winter :-0 :-)
i think a tomato plant or something could be apartment-doable too?

edit to avoid tripleposting: huge huge thank you to lilypoo for the necromancer and corrupted ichor T_T<3333

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 02:55:27 )
@xvz: I'll be perfectly honest: I have NO idea how to successfully grow an orange tree, so would need to do my research if I decide to go that route. xD But oranges do have seeds, although I'm sure someone has engineered species without seeds (though I wonder how do you grow seedless fruit?! And how is it fruit if it doesn't have seeds?!) SCIENCEEE!!!

Dwarf trees sound hella cute! I didn't know there were such a thing, but science is a wonderful thing haha.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 00:16:38 )

oooh nice avi aisu!! i really liked ur last one too, i'm loving that soulcaster + wildcat combo i might have to try it sometime if i can ever get my hands on a soulcaster!

growing from seed sounds like such a feat to me! the commitment, time, patience, love ... ! that must go into it :0
that's true i wonder how seedless fruit work :0 i've never really considered that
i think i remember reading once that bananas are all clones of each other ... ? woah i just looked it up apparently a lot of the fruit we eat are all identical clones of the same fruit :0 bananas, navel oranges, apples ...

woah ...
"You may have noticed, when eating a navel orange, that when you open it up, it has a bottom section that almost looks like another orange growing out of your orange. (In the photo on the right, you can see what I mean.) That's because it actually is another orange growing out of your orange." !!!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 00:17:42 )

apparently dwarf trees still grow full sized fruit!! :3
i'm gonna look forward to getting one next year hehe , a dwarf orange tree would be amazing!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 00:23:49 )
Thank you! <3 This was a fun avi to build as I tried out different items here and there. I love seeing what things layer with each other, like the eyes.

And that's neat! Dwarf trees with full-sized fruit...sounds kinda silly, but I'll bet it's delicious all the same!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 02:56:29 )

yeah same! there are so many face layers it's super fun ^0^
i have a halloween avi put together but i'm too lazy to edit my post style so i've been putting off switching lol
i think whenever the reaping ritual event starts it might motivate me to change tho :0

haha it sounds cute when u put it that way!
my kitchen and bathroom get the most light so i'll make to find a way to make room for it in the kitchen somehow :0

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 03:03:22 )
lol I know the feeling of being too lazy to change! I was gonna wear my AOTW avi that I submitted for the last contest, y'know after votes were counted and everything, but then didn't feel like it anymore. xD I'm sure the event will motivate you!

I love the idea of growing food in your kitchen, so hope that works for you!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 04:21:17 )

ahh yeah for some reason i feel like i have to keep my aotw entries separate from the avis i wear??
i haven't been entering lately though but the themes have been fun, i love seeing the entries every week!
i'm excited for the new reaping ritual items! it'll be my first halloween event ^^ all the past ones have been super good so i really look forward to the ones this year and hope i can stock up on them!

haha ty! are you growing anything??

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 23:23:18 )
I also like to separate my avis depending on the use. My only thing with the AOTW is that you kinda have to wait 2 weeks to wear your entry, otherwise people will know who entered what.

I'm excited for the event for the same reasons!!!

And nope, not growing anything because I seem to kill all the plants that I bring home. xD
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 02:43:50 )

haha yeah i personally feel weird abt ppl knowing it's my entry sometimes ... though i guess some people don't seem to mind since i do see ppl entire their current avis sometimes too :0
it's kind of fun when u can recognize someone just based on their avi style! like certain ppl might use a specific eye/face combo a lot or something - but i usually can't tell for most of them just by looking
i think what i do like abt aotw is that it'll push me to try new combinations or items i normally wouldn't! ^^

i try not to hold my breath for events starting lol ... i think the past events i kept refreshing/waiting and i think feels v ... "a watched pot never boils" lol
i've been having kind of a busy week though so i don't really mind it starting late haha
i do feel like the site has been more active lately though :0 maybe in anticipation of the event?

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.