Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀wishlist⠀{ come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 04:20:54 )
I think the 50s is the perfect "cold" weather lol. I realize that's not all that cold to some people, which is why I put quotes around it lol. But to me, it's pretty cold.

I haaaaate wet socks with a passion! Like I'm SUCH a miserable person until I can change into dry ones. I do fine with other wet clothes for the most part, but I just CANNOT stand wet socks AT ALL.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 08:19:02 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

oh 50s is excellent cold weather!!!
like it feels cold but can be p pleasant if you’re reasonably dressed and esp if the suns out, like it feels brisk and refreshing and not like miserable lol

haha wet socks are truly the worst!
i think wet denim/wet jeans are up there for me too, like it just feels so heavy and literally weighs u down lol

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/30 17:22:47 )
Yes, I love that kind of weather. *w*

I don't like wet pants either lol. Especially like on the lower legs closer to my feet. xP Yuck.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/31 00:43:42 )

mm i kind of associate that weather w like, early early mornings :0
i never get up early enough for it Lol so it always feels like a Rare and Special Treat haha
like it feels v emotionally charged for some reason too (in a nice way) , or like romantic even?
maybe cuz it never happens so when it does there's usually like something going on... like going to the airport or something haha

oh yeah like the feeling u get when u step in a puddle or smthg

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/1 02:56:53 )
Yeah I'm almost never outside when it's that cold lol. I really should make an effort to get outside more in general, but I hate sunscreen, which I need, so...c:

Speaking of puddles, could kinda use some nice galoshes, but I'm picky when it comes to shoes lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/2 01:12:51 )

@xvz: Hey how are you? ^^

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/2 03:35:14 )

@totalanimefan: hey total! loving how festive ur avi is! i gotta get my hands on a pumpkin king sometime ^^

i'm doing ok, i think i've been in kind of a slump lately so am just trying to take it easy and not be too hard on myself
how have you been? ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/2 04:42:42 )

@xvz: thanks <3 I thought that I would change it. I couldn’t wait for the new items any longer. Lol
Oh that sucks. :( well I hope you are able to recover soon. Taking it easy should help.

Today was my first day without my job so I just played video games and it was great. Tomorrow I’m going to vote and ship my work computer back to them.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/2 21:19:03 )

@totalanimefan: thank you, i appreciate it! i'm feeling much better today finally :-D
i'm loving the new stitches crate item!!! the set is so cute hehe

oohh how are you feeling about all the work stuff now? hope voting went smoothly, everything going on politically feels like such a hot mess rn
what kind of games have you been playing? ^^ i binge played a bunch of pokemon diamond earlier this week

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/2 21:33:39 )

@xvz: Yay that's great. ^^
Both of the new items are so great. I want a ton of them. I'm sure they will be popular in the future.

Yeah voting went really smoothly. I happened to go at a time when there was no line! Yay, and a got to vote. It feels good that I checked that off the list.
I also returned my work computer today. I dropped it off at Fedex.

I've been playing ACNH, RF4S, and a puzzle game called SubaraCity. I was playing Pokemon Sword for a little bit but it was only to get the special Pikachus they have atm.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/2 21:46:42 )

@totalanimefan: i think so too! i might get an extra crate or two at some point
and that's great, i love when there's no line, i wish that could be the case everywhere
i had to update my address for my voter registration but once i hear back i think i'll apply for an absentee ballot online
i'm kind of nervous what will happen w absentee ballots this year tho tbh >_>

rf4s looks really pretty! i don't have any consoles so all the games i've been playing have been on an emulator hehe
i only play games when i'm in a specific mood though so it isn't as much of a regular habit/hobby for me
there's this game called okami that came out a while ago and lately i've been thinking about it, but idk if i would get a console just to play one game?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/2 21:55:30 )

@xvz: It could pay off in the future if you did.

Yeah I got lucky. I'm sure that once more places open up the lines will be shorter, but I wanted to get it done. You never know with 2020. Early is better. If you can, I would vote early in person. That way your ballot can't get lost in the mail. But if mail in can be good too. Just try to ship it in Oct. I think the recommend Oct 27th at the latest.

Another RF4 fan!! Yay. Tsun and I and a few others really like that game. I think it's great. I can't get enough of it. The 5th one will be out in 2021. ^^
I played Okami on the Wii. It was hard with the motion controls. ^^; It's a great game though.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 02:53:56 )

@totalanimefan: oohh i guess i would imagine dc "should" have good voting procedures in place, one might think ? not sure if that holds true for dmv area in general though
that's a good point! i looked up early voting dates for here, i might try that if i can't get the mail-in stuff in order in time ... no matter what happens i'm sure this year's election will be ... eventful >_>
i couldn't watch the debate from yesterday , i was like i'm feeling depressed enough already lol

oohh that's pretty long for a franchise! i'm glad it's a good one ^^ i always appreciate that good media exists in the world ... like if the creators didn't choose to make it exist it just .. wouldn't! lol
i'd love to play okama at Some point in my lifetime, the graphics look really pretty and it's cool that they hold up even over a decade later!

i'm trying to think of some fun things to look forward to staying occupied w this winter :0 i'm v glad i have hobbies i can enjoy at home ... it'll be a lot harder to socialize once it's cold i think ...
do you think you would try to meet new people in dc anytime soon? or do you think you'd try to wait it out for longer?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 02:54:22 )

oop sometimes my posts get long unintentionally Haha there's never any pressure to match my length ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 03:32:46 )

@xvz: I don’t even think about the ‘pressure’ to have long posts with you. Our posts both come out long cause we like chatting with each other ^^
A little secret is that I actually live in Northern VA. I just normally say DC cause it’s easier and because it’s a little more Anon then saying my actual city. ^^; Which is good for VA cause I vote blue and they are a swing state.
But yeah, the whole area really has their act together. ^^ makes me happy.
Oh and lots of people in this area have already voted early. I think 200k people?

I’m not looking forward to winter. It’s going to be long. I think Voltra and video games (and anime) is going to be what gets me through it. That’s what I was doing at the beginning of the quarantine. And boy it sucked but we got through it somehow. I’m not going to try and make new friends yet. I do really feel comfortable doing that during the pandemic. Especially when we are going to see number rise in the late fall and winter time.
Do you feel like you want to make new friends? Idk how many rl friends you have that live near you or if you are looking for new friends.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 03:47:44 )

@totalanimefan: ok cool ^^ sometimes i feel like i scare ppl away if my posts get too long Lol , or they might feel obligated to respond to everything
ooh i see :0 are you still in an urban area? it sounds like u can walk/transit everywhere still right?
i think one of my coworkers lives in reston? it's like a planned community which i thought was kind of interesting... it seems possibly a little sterile (compared to , say , baltimore) but i can imagine it being less chaotic and maybe a fun project if you were an urban planner?

i think early voting here runs from 10/24 to 11/1 :0 so i'll see whichever ends up being faster, i'm not sure where my polling place is either yet tho

mm sounds like hibernation! i think it's also kind of like a different mindset too, like the way you think abt it i feel like can change how much you enjoy it
i think in the past i had a big breadth of friends so i saw ppl quite often (to the point that i had to say no to plans p often - tho also bc i have chronic pain and physically getting around the city uses up a lot of spoons!) - but now it's like you have to be active about seeing ppl and so i don't see a lot of acquaintances anymore sadly (and ofc have just been seeing fewer ppl in general) - and i also don't see friends who live >2 miles away very often since i've try to avoid transit if i can
i can have a bad habit of socially isolating myself though since i'm an introvert and really enjoy spending time at home lol which i do have to try to stay mindful of!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 03:49:18 )

i do usually hang out w ppl one on one for the most part :0 like most of my friends have never met
last year i was kind of hoping i could start bringing some friends together though so we could hang out in groups more , but i can't really do it this year lol

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 04:17:37 )

@xvz: I think that a lot of people like longer posts because some people don’t like small talk all the time. I’m sure the lurkers like it too. Lol
I am still literally right next to a metro stop. It’s not even across the street from me. Plus there are restaurants, coffee shops and other stuff nearby. I wouldn’t even think about having a car here. I just thought about it today, I’m 3 months far free and I haven’t regretted it once. I’m happy to be without.

I know about Reston. I would go there for the metro to get to and from the airport. It’s just like you said. Planned community but still kinda suburban. Also there are a lot of rich NIMBYs there. Which is ironic because in the 60’s the guy that planned that place wanted it to be a place for blacks and white, for the wealthy and the poor. But now the rich white people that live there are trying to block any and all housing but they are just about to get another metro stop. You can’t just not build around a metro stop. Lol

You will have to check with your state but in a lot of states you can get the mail in ballot fill it out and then take it to the voting place to drop it off instead of using the mail.

For the winter mindset, I get SAD pretty easily. I think I need a SAD lamp. So I just gotta be positive.

It’s hard to hang out with friends as an adult. There are different work schedules plus family duties and money too. Things like the pandemic and personal things like chronic pain. Plus people move often too.

I don’t think all of our problems are going to go away Dec 31st, but I do think that 2021 will be better.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/3 04:27:34 )

I’m also watching the Miami Heat B-ball game

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/4 17:06:49 )
I'm glad that the mail-in ballot is a thing, because I work with old people who can't leave their home at this time. So I'm glad they have a way to get their votes in!

SAD scares me. I don't think I could live in a place where that's a thing, because depression is a thing for me already. Nope, no thank you.

I don't have a ton of friends where I'm at, but it's hard to hang out with the few I do have because we all have different schedules. That, and of course we're all trying to be cautious with covid. I don't think any of us have had it yet, so there's a very real possibility we could get it and pass it around.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.