Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀art shop⠀{ yes we're open ! come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 19:32:37 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@lina: omg!!! when i opened it i went "awww!" out loud lol
for the snowman body are you using like one of those fuzzy yarns ?? (is there a name for it?)
it looks so soft and so cute TvT did u use a pattern for it?

ahh it looks good! i like the rounded edges ^0^
i'm sure ppl w graphics shops could make one for u if u asked too , like anarchist or vengeance 's shops :3

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 22:45:51 )
@xvz: the yarn is Bernat super bulky “baby blanket” yarn. But they expanded the line to be “blanket” not just for baby and it comes it a ton of colors now. It’s like my favorite yarn! XD
I looked up a pattern for a perfect circle (sphere I guess) and just made up what I was doing as I went.

Vengeance is always busy since they joined staff :3

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 23:53:40 )

@lina: ooh good to know thanks for the info!!! blanket yarn ! i wrote it down, next time i'm at the craft store i'll be on the lookout :-D
i made an apple the other day but still have to assemble it... but i was thinking of how the yarn itself i have isn't super soft so the result isn't super soft :0 so i'd love to get more soft/fluffy yarn to make soft and fluffy plushies w ^0^
i'm still trying to get a sense of how much polyfill to use too!! i don't want to over stuff but i don't want to understuff either ... !

ohh so is it two spheres you attach together?? what do u use for the eyes? ^^

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/31 01:01:50 )
I like sturdier yarn that’s less soft for things like home decor, like the pumpkins I made. I guess I imagine I’ll keep it forever and fluffy yarn won’t last as long. But I don’t know if that’s fact or just in my head. XD

It’s 2 spheres that I didn’t close all the way and then “sewed” together with the yarn. The neck was a little funny looking, so I added a scarf. And the eyes are safety eyes, which are usually in the doll section in craft stores. They have a front and back that snap together. There’s usually some small animal noses too. :3

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 02:15:49 )

oohh i never considered that! i guess you pick up more and more with experience / like better intuition for what kinds of yarns work for different contexts :0
i feel like the more i've crocheted (which honestly is still not that much) the better i understand like, how it works haha
like how different patterns end up w diff shapes... the 3d stuff takes some thinking though lol
i think it helped a lot that i've sewn and knitted in the past, otherwise i feel like crochet would have been super hard to learn for me!

ahh i see! haha love to find cute/clever ways to hide wonkiness :3 the winter accessories make it even cuter imo
that's good to know, i've added it to my craft store list i'll look out for them!! :3

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 17:36:41 )
@xvz: I think crochet is great because once you learn to do something, like a sphere, it’s always the same. So after you get enough experience you can start to make your own patterns.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 19:40:45 )

true :-0 i think i am slowly getting there! i finished my apple the other day, it came out a little wonky but i squished it around a bit and it's looking better lol
i wanna get a cute basket or something that i can put all my crochet produce in ^0^

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 17:42:32 )
I think crochet produce is too cute!
It's such a cute idea

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/3 07:35:34 )
⠀|⠀spooky chat

heehee it totally cheers me up to look at and squish!!! i used to have kind of a cluttered coffee table but i did some reorganizing + moved a cart nearby to use a storage - so now everything else is cleared off but i kept the crochet produce on so i can keep looking at and playing w it :-D
i just have 3 carrots and an apple so far but when i'm in a crochet mood again next i think the list will be: mushrooms, oranges ... broccoli/cauliflower ... ??

i wanna try a cute long tube snake too! but i wanna get some cute ombre yarn for it first ^0^

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/3 17:25:01 )
I think mushrooms sound really adorable! Broccoli and cauliflower sound interesting to make. I bet they’re cute

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 02:56:04 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat

@lina: ghost cafe!! i hope u like it <33

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 06:21:54 )
@xvz: Wow, that's so amazing! *o*
I love it so much!!
Do you mind if I use it in my cafe thread?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 06:23:37 )

@lina: yay i'm glad!!!! honestly i quite like how it came out haha i wanted to make it feel really warm ~
you absolutely can pls do!!!!! :-)))
hmmm is there a standard banner size , maybe i can crop it a little more too

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 06:27:33 )
@xvz: I think it's absolutely amazing! It feels like a warm and welcoming place I'd love to go.
I think it's the perfect size the way it is, for the fist post. It can just fill the page with warmth.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 06:31:07 )

@lina: awww thank u so much lina n///n<333 i really appreciate that!!

well....... i did make a banner version before i saw ur post Lol so here it is if u ever want it for anything!

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 06:47:57 )
I could put the thread title on it... but it would ruin how pretty it is. OuO

But, how about a link button... :3

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 06:55:04 )
Also, I made it my computer background :3

And phone background

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 07:07:11 )

@lina: omfg <333 the link button is adorable ........ the rounded edges are a really cute touch lol feel free to put text on it if u want!!
wow i genuinely feel so honored honestly i'm so glad u like it<3333

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 07:50:30 )
@xvz: it’s so completely perfect.
The whole feel and aesthetic are exactly what I would want, if only I could have put it in words.
It’s really just so amazing!

It just... feels like home

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/19 08:12:15 )

@lina: awww yay :"""-)))) tysm<333
yeah i love that like , warm cozy vibe!!! w some like, mood music lol v0v
i love warm lighting in general, all the main lights i use in my apt are warm lights haha

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.