Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀art shop⠀{ yes we're open ! come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/22 23:18:32 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

aw thanks so much lina! <33
how has your week been going?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/22 23:28:27 )
My week has been good, kinda busy until today.
How about you?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/22 23:37:08 )

ohh what have you been busy w?

i'm doing ok! my work has had performance review discussions this week and i was feeling a bit anxious abt it lol
i think i'm doing ok (good even??) at work which my manager has told me before but i still was kind of like wait really? maybe due to anxiety / imposter syndrome i feel like i'm always messing up lol even if/when i'm not

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/22 23:56:10 )
I’ve just been busy with work. We had some deliveries and pretty many customers. It’s been getting more cold and it’s been rainy this week so I think the mall has been more busy because people want to find an indoor place to be this week. XD

It’s taken me years to be really comfortable at work. And honestly mostly because the husband boss opened his own store and doesn’t come here anymore. He’s perfectly nice, but his voice and face are like he’s constantly disappointed in you. It was unnerving being around him. His wife Rachel (my boss now) is such a sweet and kind person she really puts me more at ease.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/23 00:07:00 )

oohh are holidays a busy time for you or anything? does your store do anything cute/special for halloween? ^^
it's been colder and grey here too :0 i wonder how much of the grey is like blown over from the west coast fires .. ?

"his voice and face are like he’s constantly disappointed in you" loool that would totally stress me out!!
i really appreciate ppl who have warm personalities, it feels like a relief / weight off your shoulders to interact w them
i think now i'm a bit more jaded and sad lmao but when i was younger ppl told me i was really cheerful to be around, although i never thought anything of it at the time / took it for granted maybe? but now i feel like i understand and i really enjoy when other ppl are like that!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/23 00:35:19 )
We usually get really busy for the holidays but I’m not sure about this year. With the virus-ness things are different this year. Usually we do trick-or-treating but not this year.

I used to be super cheerful and silly and full of energy, but then I got depression in my teens and a lot of that left. But I think I’m getting back to my old self more and more. ^^

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/23 05:30:57 )

awww children dressed up in costumes trick or treating T_T so cute!
i might have to go for a walk or something on halloween just to see if anyone's trick or treating!

do you get to decorate the store for halloween or anything??
whenever i run errands i've been on the lookout for halloween decorations but i haven't seen any for sale :< i would have loved to get some cute window stickers of ghosts or something lol
last year i got a mini pumpkin but i don't like that they do eventually go bad

ah yeah i feel that, glad to hear that though ^^

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/23 06:27:30 )
We don’t decorate the store at all, I think it’s just too hard to decorate without covering up something for sale. We’re a little shop so there isn’t any extra room anywhere. I would love to decorate if I could!
The apartment is fairly decorated. It’s not as much as for Christmas but I’m slowly accumulating decorations. I check Party City and Target for decorations, I don’t know where else people get them.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 01:28:04 )

ahh i see, like there's no halloween specific merch or seasonal stuff?

that's fun! what kind of decorations do you have up? ^^
i love decorating but haven't really stayed in one place enough to accumulate anything to put up seasonally ... maybe in the future though!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 01:51:44 )
We used to get some seasonal merchandise to sell, but it never sold so... we put it out every year but it’s the same things we can’t sell. >.<
lol

At the apartment I have autumn candles all over. Pillow cases for the couch pillows and a special autumn couch blanket. Some crochet and fabric pumpkins (small table ones). And last year I got a little stuffed unicorn in a Halloween witch costume for on a table. XD

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 02:08:47 )

lool what's the seasonal stuff that isn't selling?? it makes me laugh, like picturing someone opening a box and being like, ah yes you again lol

aww ur apt decorations sound so cute n nice!! did someone make the pumpkins?? i've been learning crochet and i see a lot of tutorials for the pumpkins, since it's v much the season for it! i need to get stuffing first though so i haven't tried making any yet
the unicorn witch sounds cute, that would cheer me up to look at hehe

my lease technically says i'm not allowed to have candles lol, i think it could be common in leases ig bc they want you to be liable if you burn the apt down >_> but i bought a lavender vanilla one this year just in case the power goes out, since we had storms a few months ago

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/24 14:20:48 )
Weirdly, seasonal Beanie Boos from TY don’t sell very well. TY is headquartered like 1 town away so everyone in the area carried them. We are maybe just too over saturated an area. XD
Plus the boss has ordered weird random holiday stuff in the past like Halloween Winnie the Pooh puppets. >.>

I bought the fabric pumpkins, but made the crochet ones. We keep stuffing in the house

We keep a close eye on our candles while they burn. But I can understand people worrying. We’re required to have apartment insurance that covers fires so I guess they aren’t too worried

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/26 22:01:21 )
@xvz:
username: Lina
reference:
pose/expression (optional): cafe worker or cafe customer
sketch or color?: color
offer: 30k
anything else?: hello

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 00:04:09 )

@lina: omg cuuuute!!! i've added u to the slots list ^^<3

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 00:08:41 )

Lina:
Weirdly, seasonal Beanie Boos from TY don&rsquo;t sell very well. TY is headquartered like 1 town away so everyone in the area carried them. We are maybe just too over saturated an area. XD
Plus the boss has ordered weird random holiday stuff in the past like Halloween Winnie the Pooh puppets. >.>

I bought the fabric pumpkins, but made the crochet ones. We keep stuffing in the house

We keep a close eye on our candles while they burn. But I can understand people worrying. We&rsquo;re required to have apartment insurance that covers fires so I guess they aren&rsquo;t too worried

ooh i had to look up the boos, i didn't know ty was based in illinois! the regular beanie babies are p cute to me but i feel like boos aren't quite my style of cute
halloween winnie the pooh puppets sound adorable omg lol

i just bought polyfill this past weekend!!! i made 3 stuffed carrots so far lolol stuffed produce is so cute to me
i'm gonna try an apple and an orange (lol ... an orange sphere...) next ... and maybe mushrooms?
what else have you crocheted? ^^ i'm looking for more project ideas so would love to hear what you've enjoyed crocheting so far!

i feel like my coffee table always has a bunch of clutter on it , it would be too easy for something to catch on fire if i had a candle on it lol
rn there's a bunch of yarn! i'd be so sad if one of my new carrot babies caught on fire haha

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/28 00:15:44 )
Thank you!

You definitely have to have a safe surface for candles. I don’t have them in my room because there isn’t anywhere to put one.

I’ll have to look up some of the patterns I’ve used!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 02:54:19 )

omg i was moving furniture around today and i dropped my candle lol >_> it's in a glass thing and i chipped it
hehe no pressure! i think i'm gonna make a stuffed apple tonight ^0^ i found a nice video tutorial for it!
what kinds of things do u usually crochet??

i'm digging ur buying sig banner! :3 it looks nice!

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 16:59:52 )
@xvz: oh no! Keep that candle safe!!

Here’s a random thing I crocheted one time... https://pin.it/68Bm0wZ
(I put it on Pinterest)
I thought I had a Pinterest board for crochet patterns I’ve done but maybe not..

Thank you! I was inspired by Starlight‘s signature. I wanted to get one from them but they don’t have a graphics/art shop so I did my best to make one. It’s not as good though, I suck at graphics

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Voltie — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 19:04:35 )
THANKING YOU AGAIN HERE BECAUSE I'M SO BLOWN AWAY....
later.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 19:27:41 )

@ghost: thank uuuu i'm so glad u like it TvT<3 u have so many fun characters!!

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.