Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀art shop⠀{ yes we're open ! come chat anytime ˙˚ʚ(´◡`)ɞ˚˙ }⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 05:50:47 )

@xvz: We need something close to the metro for sure since we don't have cars. A nice safe neighborhood that a could walk home from work in the dark in.
Obvs restaurants and such would be important but I'm sure that if it's close to a metro and a place we could live car free it would have good restaurants too.
I'm thinking a 5+ year home. Could be a forever one but it's hard to say. We do plan on staying in the area.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 05:56:28 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@totalanimefan: ohh is your spouse planning on wfh permanently? i guess you don't have to plan around a commute too strictly for the time being ... i remember when i was moving i would look up my specific commute every time i looked at an apt since it did make a difference (over simply living close to the subway) - like having as few transfers as possible can really add up

that's nice, i think having the mentality of like, oh i can really invest (emotionally financially or otherwise) in my neighborhood, community, etc. and if/when you meet ppl or make new friends you have a different mindset b/n knowing you'll be around for a while vs. only there for a year or two
how long were u in the bay for before u moved?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 07:23:17 )
I'm making a new avatar and accidently made this face

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 19:10:34 )

@xvz: sorry I ended up going to bed. I was tired.
He is WFH. But maybe like once a month or once a quarter he has to go to the office in NYC. So when it’s save he would take the Amtrak from Union Station to Penn (I think that’s the right one).
I want to me close to the metro and in a save place because I’m a temp worker so have to be able to work anywhere. (I can turn a job down if I don’t like the commute but I would rather not)
I’m looking forward to being apart of the community here. I do like the neighborhood where I live now and would totally stay here but there isn’t much for sale here. Like only 6 condos and they were all built in the 80’s so they look really dated. I could fix them up after buying but they are already expensive so that would be hard. Since I like where I live so much I’m happy to stay here. And we have another 11 months on our lease so no rush but I think my husband wants to buy something right away. I want to buy something in the spring. This apartment is great for handling winter. It’s very warm and the sunlight is great too. Helps keep the blues away.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 22:50:41 )

lina nice! oracle eyes can really haunt u lol
what's that black/brown waist sash thing?? :0
i think the scariest combo imo is the oracle eyes + skullie head... i love it but w certain combos i can't even look at it for too long lol

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/2 22:54:46 )

@totalanimefan: nw, u can reply to me anytime lol there's no pressure to respond right away (or at all in general haha)
oohh i didn't know they had a ny office :0 i guess it's not the wooorst trip, like 2 hrs? i'm guessing everything would be paid for too right? i don't mind the amtrak but it is kind of pricey sometimes , like flight-cost range

can i ask what ur plans are for work? do you usually just wait for them to call u, or do u actively search for stuff?

yeah renovations seem pretty expensive and honestly not always worth it imo >_> seems like a ton of work and added stress too! i love seeing before/after photos of them tho lol
can i ask why he's so eager to buy right away?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/3 00:42:43 )
Mother Anthropodia (did I spell that right?) has a sash thing that hangs from the waist. I wanted it to hang from a belt but it’s on the belt layer. Oh well.

I love the oracle eyes, but they can become too creepy sometimes. XD

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/3 06:55:57 )

oohh i see :3 i didn't know it had a sash thing ... would be nice to have multiple belt layers tbh, i would love to layer the chain belt w some of the strappy ones :3

for sure lol ... i feel like i'd get creeped out while making them haha
i've started some art pieces where i was like, i can't draw this cuz i can't look at this for long periods of time lol

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/3 19:35:40 )
You do really well making interesting and creepy avatars but they aren’t too creepy, they’re cool and fun to look at

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/3 22:47:21 )

lina we should have a creepy avi contest sometime! get all the creepy avi volties and see who can make the most genuinely scary avi
i guess the reaping event would have been a good one for that Lol but ... idk creepy can be anytime! or maybe in the future lol ...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/4 08:29:36 )

I'm gonna move this here bc I dont wanna interrupt koneko's thread since it's back on topic ALDKFJ
xvz:

@hachi: oohh what artists have u watched so far??

oh btw i started kaguya sama the other day lolol ... i've been having trouble finishing animated shows lately tho so idk how far i'll get but it's been fun so far, i love when they have the like checkerboard bg shots lol

omg those pins are so cute baby pokemon ...

thanks for the share!!

so far I've watched Emily Artful and D'Angelo Wallace (altho I think he hasn't made art vids in a while ADLKFJ his old ones are gold tho) I also really like watching Danica Sills work, her watercolors are so pretty
sometimes I click on rando tutorial or speedpaint vids if they look interesting haha

I'm glad you're having fun with kaguya alskfj the nice thing about it is that it's a pretty casual watch, like there's no cliffhangers and it's easy to pick back up if you take a long hiatus, etc.
my friend and I are starting season 2 now

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/4 23:24:00 )
Most creepy avatar thread for each event! With themes to match the event or time of year

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 03:33:04 )

@hachi: aww :"-) u didn't have to but appreciate u continuing the convo lol
ooh i'll have to check those out !! i think the ones i've seen are ... sinix design, jyundee, WLOP... :0 it's cool to see everyone's diff approaches!! i love seeing how different workflows result in different styles :3

oh casual shows are nice .... i feel like sometimes i don't have the emotional bandwidth to watch something serious :0
or like ... i'm not giving a show the respect it deserves if it's rly good but i'm like braindead lol

where ru watching it , like crunchyroll ? are yall still doing the phone thing? lol :3

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 03:33:47 )

lina yes!! lets do it next event lol , i would love that

hmm scary winter solstice ... ?? i'm picturing that green worm monster from nightmare before xmas

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 03:37:46 )
Do you mean oogie boogie? lol

Creepy winter? Snow monster?

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 03:48:20 )

hahaha yes ... he was soooo scary to me as a kid omg T_T worms for insides??? terrifying !!!

hmmm yeah abominable snowman ........ ? ice creature ... ?? snow skeleton ?? lol

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 03:49:17 )

we could probably do jack and sally :0 i'm trying to picture it w the items we have .......

jack - bayou / skullie head .... i think the arachnophobia cape has the pointy collar ...
sally we have in stitches and the glasglow mouth common ... :0

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 03:52:13 )
Jack and Sally would be super fun!

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 04:00:51 )

i was trying to make a snowglobe avi w the enchanted display case ...

i wonder if i could put a jack in there? lol

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/5 04:01:29 )

hmm i wanna get some houses in there though but idk how ... i tried the hex or blessed house but it doesn't feel like it fits thematically lol

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.