Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Moody's Bat Cave

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 19:44:55 )

@MoodyB: That's super understandable is really hard to forgive someone who really has hurt you.Plus they don't seem like nice people to me so is better to cut them out of your life it seems or just don't see them often. In my case it was my mother... We didn't have a good relationship in the past heck looking back, it was pretty toxic.
And it took a lot of time and a lot in me to forgive her and hell I think I'm still not fully there yet. I just chose to forgive her because it gets pretty tiring and not healthy being resentful all the time and life is just too short to be pissed off at everyone else but that's me. Sorry for the long rant.

I'm still not up meeting people yet but is nice to just go out by myself and be surrounded by nature and take short walks.
Yeah I'm the same way usually I plan it on my head. I'll get the sketch done in the first day and then start painting on day 2 and then on day 3. I try to finish a painting at least once a week and post it online and so far is working for me well.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 20:10:59 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: yeah a lot of them i cannot trust.
and most tend to act as if my mother no longer exists and everything is fine.
Only one who asks how she is doing is one of my aunt's my cousin and his wife and my grandparents.
as whenever we would go to get togethers. everyone would just act like she no longer existed which is hurtful.

yeah most of them i only see once a year. or even less at that so im not bothered of cutting them out
as they just pretty much left my family high and dry and blamed us for things we couldn't control. they don't see us often luckily
so i just do not care for them.

Normally i have to thumbnail it to see if things will work out like i hope and everything looks right. And then i just expand the thumbnail
and flesh it out more. I really enjoy doing that.
Right now i have a vague idea for a foresty piece but i cannot find a reference for the pose just yet.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 22:57:34 )
@Moodyb: Hey there, I'm fine. Just woke up from bed.

How about you? Hope you're having a good day

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 23:46:51 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@ChiffonOrange: my day is going pretty good, mostly figuring out stream settings for my art stream.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 01:16:53 )
@moodyb: Ooh I see *nods* Glad to hear your day is going well :vanora_smile:
Art streams sound pretty nice!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 01:36:04 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@ChiffonOrange: Yeah! It's been a pretty good day.
I forgot if i asked how you were.
//short term memory

Yeah. I got the settings to lag a little less for me drawing.
But twitch only got 3 minutes of my 22 minute stream.
So gotta tweak some more settings.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 01:51:18 )
@moodyb: That's alright haha, it's okay if you forgot and I'm doing fine that's all.
Ooh I see! *nods* True, smoother streams are better than laggy streams. I guess :o Since most viewers wanted to watch them without lagginess and I see, I didn't know Twitch had some limits of stream minutes :o

Take your time on tweaking the settings, no need to rush

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 02:17:18 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@ChiffonOrange: My memory is so bad lol.
But that is good to hear.

I'm not sure if the viewers that saw, saw any laginess tho when i was drawing it was very delayed when i was drawing
compared to off stream. it's mostly fixed other than the twitch not getting much of the stream.

Yeah. i just feel so bad for any viewers i get seeing me constantly go on and offline as i adjust my settings lol.
but i had a pretty fun time regardless.
tho i have to keep muting my sound as i don't have premium spotify so i have to mute the ads lol.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 02:35:38 )
@moodyb: It's okay, I understand xD

Ah, I see *nods* I suppose the viewers had to deal with it or some might probably just to watch any stream silently lol and that's good to hear c:
And yeah, the ads are a tad annoying unless you had to pay a subscription to get rid of them or use an ad-blocker (then again the latter would most likely to hurt the monetization, I think? :viosweat: )

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 02:48:13 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@ChiffonOrange: Yeah probably.
But i got a new follower so that made me happy. I heard the noise when getting new follower
but i didn't see the notification so i was like "what was that...what just happened???"

Yeah. i think also having 4gb ram with a very low processor
is probably also part of the issue. as 4gb ram and very low processor basically makes it
so the computer cannot multitask at all.

I'm eventually saving up for a new computer to handle streaming but oof.
it's gonna take me a long time.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 03:01:23 )
@moodyb: I see *nods* :o Congrats on having a new follower! \( ^_^ )/

And I see *nods again* Considering 4GB ram is definately not enough (including the low processor), I would say you need about 16GB ram (or more, depends on you) to run most games or applications depending on which computer you're gonna look for :o
Hmmm... I'm not sure if you're okay with budget computers (with decent GB ram and processor, etc.) but I found this article on Google. Then again, it depends on whether you're interested or not, I don't mind :o and sorry if said article doesn't seem to be helpful ^^;

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 03:56:11 )

@MoodyB: Ah my mother is in a similar situation just different circumstances. I barely seen my cousins since I was really young but in my case, majority of my relatives lives on another country. So that makes once a year family gatherings a lot easier to dodge.

Ooh something foresty that's nice. I love adding a little bit of nature on my drawings too sometimes. I just finish a sketch today for me to paint on tomorrow. I decided to redraw one of my old old ooold drawings and damn I'm glad I improved a lot since xwx

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 05:47:19 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@ChiffonOrange: Tank you. It was really surprising. considering my technical issues.
And they even came back for the second stream test.

Computers in general for me are so out of budget.
I have yet to make any income on my art yet. I have a computer in mind. which is around 16GB for sure and the processor i think
is the AMD one i think? as i heard i was a strong kind of processor.

Tho it's around $900.
i'm considering a surface pro but i can't do everything on it. but may want to get one
as something to get by on.

@Purpsy: Yeah, a lot of my family is in my state but the one family who really just...did not understand us, or apologized to us
and kind of acts like a know it all is not in our town.
They just did a lot of not great things when my mom had her stroke and even tried to be like "we can be like your new mom"
and that...was not okay to say tbh.

But they rarely come down here so i don't care much for them.

I have a favorite foresty piece i want to redraw. it's very good but it was back in the end of 2019 so i want to see how much
i can progress in it with my current skills.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 07:50:15 )
@moodyb: You're welcome ^^ and I see, that's understandable since computers tend to cost a lot if money although there are laptops that cost more than the former depending on the brand, specs, etc.

*googles AMD processor* Hmm... I'm not sure about this one since I mainly use Intel processor so I can't say much about AMD though, sorry

I see and take your time on choosing which computer suits you the most, no worries

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 19:05:46 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@ChiffonOrange: Yeah and since my art has not yet made any money
it's going to take me a long time to save up for one. hoping that my current one will last that long.

I don't trust intel processors as that's what i have had and...they are not good lol.
as digital artist/gamer/streamer it does not do much for me lol.

All I know is the brand is going to be HP. i don't trust any other computer brand as i've had some not good brands.
Mainly ASUS.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 20:17:19 )

@MoodyB: Sigh sometimes I question why people act that way. But I would avoid them at all cost if it were me. Good thing they don't live nearby.

Ooh is nice to do redraws once in a while. I've seen a trend when artist draws the same drawing every year and is interesting comparing the changes in each drawing.
What do you normally draw in general? People? Nature or a little bit of both?

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 20:41:31 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: yup so i doubt they'll come down any time soon to my town luckily.

I never redraw the same drawing as there isn't many drawings i actually have that i enjoy drawing often.

I mostly draw people. i sometimes draw backgrounds with characters
but not too often as i am not that good with backgrounds.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 21:00:16 )

@MoodyB: Yup better out of sight and out of mind. If I said that quote correctly xD
I'm the same but I try to draw others stuff than people often

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/16 21:11:57 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Purpsy: Mhm definitely.

Yeah. im not the best with my anatomy, so i mostly do headshots to focus on faces more.
tho i need to improve my hands/arms as i feel my art is a little boring without doing that lol.

Backgrounds and story telling through art i want to improve on.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/2 05:42:42 )
*creeps in on the thread*
Noctem de Magia Academy
///
Voltra's Space Station
///
The Warlock's Frozen Attic--It's cold out there!
\\\
Space Solstice Shenanigans!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.