Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Two random questions

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/8 18:16:11 )
1. Is there anyone on here who was born in the 1980s?

2. Did anyone here have MySpace back in the day?

Just thought I’d ask because I think most people on here were born in the 90s-00s. I’m guessing some people here also had a MySpace too.

Donator — She/Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/8 19:07:23 )
Man or woman... It doesn't matter! One of Strength.. And nobility...

I was born in 92 but I did have a MySpace! I still remember my custom url xD
Oh! I just typed it in and it still works! Hahaha all the old pics are broken and aren't loading but my edgy teenage self had it set to
Myspace.com/black_hearts_of_hell
I felt like a MySpace ride or die because it took all my friends leaving MySpace to get me onto Facebook xD
Hours spent customizing my page with flashy clunky gifs and picking put the right song to play when you got on my page xD
You automatically got into my top 8 if you had an anime pfp otherwise it was just whatever friend I just hung out with.
I joined a bunch of groups and had my longest ever group rp on it spanning over I think a year and we posted DAILY!!! XD
I can't get back into though, idr the email or password I used, so forever a dusty grave my MySpace page will be lmao

Is always a prince.

Donator — she/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/8 19:18:54 )

1. Nope, 1994 here.

2. Unfortunately, I didn't have a MySpace. My mom was against my sisters and I having an account, but I should have snuck one like my older sister did. >->; While most of our peers were on MySpace, I spent my time on YouTube or MyYearbook (which was basically the same as MySpace, so idk why my mom wasn't against that). The early years of YouTube were fun, it seemed like MySpace in a way. I made a lot of friends and subscribers on there.

Here's a few examples of the old YouTube profiles if you haven't seen them. If you have, then disregard this:

Donator — she/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/8 19:22:49 )

There's a new site that's sort of similar to MySpace called SpaceHey. I saw people talking about it on Twitter either the end of last year or earlier this year. I've been tempted to make an account since I missed out on MySpace, but I've been hesitant. ^^;

Donator — She/Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/8 19:51:19 )

@Ark: that's to funny! I only reason I stuck with MySpace for so long was because that was the only website my mom willingly allowed me to have an account on. XD

When i went onto youtube I barely commented on anything :0
I just watched anime episodes in 3 prt segments praying each time I clicked they had English subtitles lmao

SpaceHey looks interesting but I barely keep up with social media. The only reason I log onto Facebook is for marketplace and to get my hands on beading supplies lmao
I haven't updated my pfp or posted an update in like 2-3 years!

@Alexia: ZOOMBINIS!!!! You just scratched an itch in my brain xD
I LOVED that game! Spending all my time customizing the zoombinis for only 1/2 of them to survive the journey lmao

Awww gaia I remember first joining, the monthly items were the only premium items. I remember my first quest and the item being 80k and it was so HARD to save up that much ;3;

I had a flip phone! And when you dropped it it all fell to pieces, but you didn't freak out you just put it all back together and life went on xD
God I remember getting my first phone that had a mini keyboard!!!! Ngl I miss it, they made texting so much easier for me.

Is always a prince.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/8 19:52:38 )
@Keo:

LOL, that url is hilarious and I'm guessing you were really into like MCR, Paramore, and all those other good bands :D

@Ark:

My brother was also born in 1994, I found out he had a MySpace after looking up his Yahoo email on HaveIbeenPwned, LOL. I remember watching YouTube around 2010 so I definitely remember channels looking like that. YouTube was more unfiltered back then, LOL. I have used SpaceHey before, but it's full of 13 year olds and it's pretty toxic if you look at the blog section :(

@Alexia:

Hello, 80s baby, LOL. That's a lot of nostalgia right there, not for me, but for you. I have a Gaia Online account and I go on it occasionally. :D

Donator — She/Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/8 19:56:43 )

@Super: HAHAHAHAHA you caught me!!! Former emo kid here! XD
MCR is/was one of my favorite bands ever!

Is always a prince.

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/8 20:11:40 )
@Keo: I'm not a genius or mind reader, I just have good guessing skills I guess :D

Donator — He/They Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/8 23:45:55 )

I was born in '89.
And I practically lived on Myspace for a while; it was how I met one of my best friends. I'll never understand how the likes of Twitter and Facebook took over...

ALWAYS PING ME

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/9 00:09:05 )
@Count Trashula: thats kool! :D

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/9 07:57:07 )
@Stinky: that sounds super duper cute! :3

Voltie — smol she Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/9 09:49:12 )

I'm 1989 but I didn't have myspace, my English was bad for a couple years and I was too busy playing neopets and gaia hahah

I did have a bebo that I changed like every few days yeee

Donator — she/they Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/9 10:46:39 )
1984, and yes. Myspace was cool, but I was not cool on myspace.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She, Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/9 12:27:24 )
1996! And yes, I did have a myspace page. I learned how to make div layouts and it's what got me into making themes / coding on tumblr :)

@Ark: I gotta check out spacehey! Just bookmarked it :)

Donator — she/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/9 13:46:53 )

@Keo: Hahaha, same! And just settling with the Japanese dub or Spanish subtitles if they didn't have English subs. xD I should probably rewatch some of those anime so I can actually know what was going on. >->;

Also, former emo kid here, too! xD I've been reliving my emo phase by going to local emo night events and it's been so funnnn. It feels like middle school and high school all over again.

@super: Wow. o.o I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the toxicity. Social media brings out the worst in people. xD

@whim: I clicked on a random profile and their layout looked so cool and nostalgic. So tempting. D;

Donator — She, Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/9 14:14:55 )
@Ark: That's what sucked me in! It is tempting, I might join on a rainy day and see what happens.

Art by Delightfully!
[ hangout | quest | shop | showcase ]
Buying Ohms!

Voltie — she/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/10 17:19:50 )

I was also born in 92 and I had a myspace as well. I think that trend was pretty common for both 80's and 90's kids in their teens/early 20s.
Thinking back on it is kind of fun. That was a silly era

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/Her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/10 17:32:18 )

@Ark: I consumed anything I could get my hands on so rapidly that I barely had any information retention because of it xD
I'm sure the crappy fansubs or different language subs didn't help either hahaha
I've watched all of Soul Eater, Shaman King, Higurashi and a bunch of others and I COULD NOT tell you one detail about them other than being able to point out character xD
I'm over due for a bunch of rewatches!

Eeeee!!! That sounds so fun!!! I dressed up as an "emo" for Halloween a couple years back, doing my hair and makeup made me feel like a giddy teenager.
I lost my mind when the When We Were Young festival was announced and then subsequently lost it again when I saw how much tickets were xD
Ill throw on some old music for nostalgia's sake but dropping 500$ for a day was to rich for my blood lmao!

Is always a prince.
I'm gone babyyyyyyy~~~
You can find me on
DV // TH // Lasria
....Sry I don't do discord....

Voltie Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/10 22:55:03 )
Sorry, I wasn't on at all yesterday.

@myotis: That's awesome! :D

@Glume: That's cool, you're like 20 years older than me LOL, and believe me the only cool people on Myspace were the bands.

@Ark: Yeah, the owner of SpaceHey isn't exactly... active at combating the toxic users to put it lightly.

@Jolly: That's jollytastic! LOL :3

Donator — she/her Posted 9 months ago ( 2023/08/11 00:21:39 )

@keo: I know! I wanted to go so bad, but my jaw dropped when I saw the price. xD And the fact that it's sold out is insane! The people who bought them must have monneeyyyyy. Some mutuals of mine went last year and from the videos on their Instagram stories, it looked like hella fun. I felt jealous lol.

You dressing emo inspires me to want to re-create one of my cringy emo looks from back then. xD

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.