Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 03:24:04 )

@Purpsy: Yeah I meant him, sorry I can't spell lol. I saw lots of works of his from his blue period. They were very pretty. I can't believe that I got to see something like that in rl.
yeah my husband and I aren't a fan of large crowds anymore. So it was much better then waiting in that really long line and then having the place be too busy anyway.
I really like your new avatar. It looks very nice. ^^

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 04:21:01 )

@Totalanimefan: It's alright it happens xD
Man you mentioning that is giving me flashbacks on the last time I went to a museum. I don't remember seeing painting or artworks from very well known artist. Oh! Except I vividly remember seeing a lot of artworks from Frida Kahlo. The rest I remembered enjoyed seeing like older architectural or nature inspired paintings. Even Victorian self-portraits.

I had to literally search up what you mean and now I get it why they call it his blue period =w=
Edit: Oh and thanks! This one was such a challenge to make.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 05:05:53 )

@Purpsy: That seems nice. There is lots of cool artwork out there that I think people don't know about but it's still nice to view. I want to see all of the museums in DC eventually. I think that would be a cool goal.
I didn't know about it until I watched an anime called Blue Period and it's named after that. It's on Netflix. Apparently, it's a better read.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 11:10:21 )
@Purpsy: I get that. I love that Voltra has a save outfit feature, because while it's rare that i go back to what i wore before, i like to draw inspiration from my saved outfits. There are a couple outfits that i ADORE that i have saved, but most are there for inspo lol

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, definitely. So i fell off my bike trying to balance a pizza from 7-11 on my handlebars... didn't get very far, and fortunately there was some grass to throw myself onto, but my right leg is sore and will probably bruise a little, and my right forearm was a bit sore while i was riding home. I decided to sacrifice the pizza when i fell, so it landed upside down, but with the lid closed at least so it was still edible lol. At that point i decided it's fine if the pizza ends up all weird and folded, there was no way i'd be able to ride safely holding it, so i put it in my basket, at an angle since i had my chugjug too. Which surprisingly didn't spill much. I lost maybe half an inch of tea to the fall. I lock my chug jug into the basked when i ride with it anyways, so it was secure. I just expected more to spill out lol

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 14:35:45 )

@Alorrena: I'm the same way! Except there so many avis I'm inspired to draw but don't draw most of them because of how complicated and detailed they are pffft

@totalanimefan: Wow there's an anime based on that! Σ(・口・)
I would say the same thing where I live but... I'm not sure there's a lot of museums here in Toronto since I've been going on the same one over the years...

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/24 18:11:12 )

@Alorrena: Oh that sucks but I'm glad you are ok! Do you have a back rack? You might need a bungee cord to keep it on your bike. Pizza is a tough one!

@Purpsy: It's based on a kid's journey to get into fine art school and become a fine artist but Blue Period is the name of the show and I guess that's kinda the Inspo too. Maybe you could find out more about the hidden ones on social media?

0 4 3 9 3 2 1 5 4
Justice generated a random number between 1 and 150; Resulting In 43
Donator — she/they/him Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 05:33:08 )

@Totalanimefan: I would like to enter please!
Username: Justice

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 06:21:37 )

@Justice: thanks for entering! And good luck.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 16:29:30 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh I've seen some smaller galleries on shops in downtown and I think I do know another one (since they bejazzled a subway station into greek architecture called the stop Museum) Did a little research and turns out it is located based on another museum =w=

I might add that to the list to watch. But since it's on Netflix hopefully maybe I can watch it somewhere else

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/25 16:35:05 )
Hello party people!

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/26 01:39:52 )
@Totalanimefan: I use to spend the Summers on the East Coast including the DMV area when I was in college visiting family, if I was working or doing an internship. Yes, LA has so much unnecessary traffic, it became like this during the 2010's and so much generification has killed the original vibe, culture, and essence of LA and the surrounding areas. As an LA native, I have been struggling with it's "new culture/vibe" and the people are not as nice like they use to, which is a bit heart breaking for me and other LA natives. Too many arrogant 0nline Influencers from other States and Northern Cali, plus the strange influx of mentally sick homeless people moving here. Our native homeless were never dangerous nor mean spirited. They were either people down on their luck working towards bettering their situations or just wanted to "be free/off the grid". You could learn lot about life and at times become friends with them. Today, I wouldn't do that, I will just say "Hello" to them only if they speak to me out of courtesy and safety. If you, don't mind me asking, what years were you in Southern Cali?

If I do move, within the USA, probably either New Mexico or Northern Cali, and certain areas in the South. I would prefer to move out of the USA, whenever I get financially stable to my liking or move to my dad's country
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/26 01:48:07 )

@Rei Ann: Hey girl, long time no see! I spent the day playing Pokemon Go and it was fun. How are you? How have you been?

@Purpsy: Oh I see. I guess you are going to have to travel to other cities to see some more stuff. ^^
Oh yeah. Now that they are doing all that greedy stuff people are leaving. I say F them, but I don't pay for it. It's included with my cell phone bill. I'm sure you can find it online. You can also read the manga. My husband likes it that way better. He said that for the art they use in the manga they get real fine art students to make a piece and then they put it in the manga.

@Qiqi Agatha: Both other places sound like a good fit. Although the Bay Area is VERY expensive. That's where I lived before I lived in the DMV. I heard the New Mexico is great. I've only traveled through the state twice. Never really lived there or spent a whole trip there. Seems like a cool place. You don't have to tell me, but where is your dad from? And maybe you could get yourself duel citizenship if that country allows it. It could really come in handy.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/26 01:49:46 )

What do you guys think about the new updates on Voltra? I really like the various recolors. They look nice and I think make it easier to use the Alice poses. I wonder what items they will have in the future.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/26 11:34:11 )
Totalanimefan:

@Alorrena: Oh that sucks but I'm glad you are ok! Do you have a back rack? You might need a bungee cord to keep it on your bike. Pizza is a tough one!

Yeah, i have a basket on the back of my bike. I need to get some bungees for when i have odd shaped things like that that don't fit in the basket though.

@Totalanimefan: I would like to enter please!
Username: Alorrena

I really like them- they turned out great! I think the idea was fantastic, especially for new users, or users that weren't around when the originals came out. Sometimes it can be difficult to get ahold of older CI's, so it's nice.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/26 15:37:57 )

@Totalanimefan: Haha yep one day... maybe... ;;>w>
I don't really read manga anymore, unless that manga is fully completed then I might give it a shot. Yeah but I've search some anime online before that was originally on Netflix and can't find them on other sites. So that can be worrisome.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/26 18:59:09 )
@Totalanimefan: Hey! How are things for you? It's been a bit busy over here. Last night we, hubby and I, went to a dinner theatre, to see the musical something rotten. It was great. Otherwise, just been busy with work, and house chores.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/27 15:58:31 )

@Alorrena: entered.
I love your new avatar. And I agree with you on why the new system is needed. Too many older users that aren’t around have a lot of the old items so they are hard to get

@Purpsy: oh I didn’t know it was hard to find Netflix anime online. I guess they are good at taking it down from other places.
Idk if blue period is finished or not. Maybe?

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/27 15:59:56 )

@Rei Ann: nice! I started my new job in January. It’s been a lot to learn but I’m starting to get used to it. I played Pokémon Go Tour Hoenn all weekend lol.
But mostly I’ve been doing things around the house and waiting for spring haha
It sounds like you had a lot of fun when you went out to the show ^^

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/27 17:25:12 )

@Totalanimefan: Yep, it's something I found out recently unfortunately. I wanted to watch a specific anime to watch but can't find it anywhere...
How's your day going so far?

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/27 17:46:29 )

@Purpsy: not the worst but not the best. I have been to the bathroom a few time today but I had a nice, fun weekend so I do mentally feel refreshed. I guess that’s life. Not always 100% good or bad haha
What about you? How are you doing?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.