Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 02:23:26 )

@MimikyuToo: Yes it's very humid. Like 80+% in the summer at all times. Sometimes it's 100%. When you walk outside you feel the humidity stick to your skin. I grew up like that so I just thought that it was normal. Lots of places are too dry for me like when I lived in CA and the winters here in DC.
The beach is great. The sand is a bit annoying if it gets in your suit.
Thanks!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 02:29:07 )

@Totalanimefan: oof, I lived in a dry place my whole life, humidity makes me want to cry lol I feel all sticky and gross XD but I get how the dry heat/weather would suck for people who aren’t from there -nods- I think that it can be worse actually sometimes XD
I will make a reminder to be careful not to get sand in my suit xD though that sounds like a difficult task.
And you’re welcome :)

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 02:46:19 )
o3o I married my husband in 2011. We were teenage besties, hadn't thought of dating until he joined the military. XDDD
We married in SoCal.

/jumped into your convo because it's relatable. X3

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 02:56:32 )

@Koah: I met my husband in 2008 and became besties after a week, we got engaged late 2014 and got married in 2015 :)

That’s cool though, that y’all decided to be together! Besties for the win :)

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 03:55:58 )
@MimikyuToo: I still think of 2010-ish time frame as recent. OTL
I love that you guys stayed friends for years. <3

My husband and I sort of jumped the gun after a year-ish. We met in 2009 or 2010. probably 2009.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 04:11:47 )

@Koah: ehhh a lot of it was because I was terrified. He was my best friend and I didn’t want to lose that ^-^; he said he knew he wanted to be with me the second he saw me. Which I think is a fib. We butted heads constantly and picked on eachother when we first became friends xD I was so mean idk why he liked me.

There’s nothing wrong with that. I think sometimes when you know you just know. If that makes any sense.

(Also I love your avatar!)

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 15:23:23 )
@Totalanimefan: You should, singing is so much fun :) How have you been?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 16:05:11 )
@MimikyuToo: My husband and I were quirky teens. We hung out in all the different groups. He was a teen that just didn't date [or show interest in it], so no one asked him or me [us] "kiss already!" or "when will you guys just start dating already?!" Everyone knew him well enough. [and me], My dating history was 'bad boys'. lol! XD
We were in the same boat in the end, where neither of us wanted to kill the friendship by taking it a step further. CX We just needed a push, or, he did. I was ready. lol.

And Thank you. I finally made a western gunslinger chic that looks good. C:

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 17:22:34 )
Koah:
@MimikyuToo: I still think of 2010-ish time frame as recent. OTL
I love that you guys stayed friends for years. <3
lol if this isn't the truth, I don't know what is haha

@MimikyuToo: Yeah if you are used to it one way or the other it's hard to adjust. And it doesn't help that I have naturally dry skin either.

1 0 2
Totalanimefan generated a random number between 1 and 3; Resulting In 1
Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 17:27:54 )

@SorrowTheMad: It's been a mixed bag. On Tuesday I went to see my friend at a live show! But then in my community there was another gun death this week that kinda hit home. And today I had to call out of work cause I have a cold (maybe Rona, but I still mask).

Ok everyone, I'll rolling to see who the winner for page 1,000 is! Good luck!
Your number is in order of who posted on page 1,000 not counting myself.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 17:28:26 )

@Alorrena: Congrats on winning! I'll send you over your volts now.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 18:03:32 )
@Totalanimefan: Thanks for adding me into the raffle. c:

Like a lot has happened since that 2010ish time frame, but it still feeeeels.. super recent. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 18:46:34 )

@Koah: No problem, you did post on page 1,000 so it's only fair.
Yeah I feel like that too. I've grown so much since then but also it doesn't feel like the great recession was that long ago either. I feel like we are still feeling the effects and if you add Pandemic time it's event weirder. My husband will be like we did that two years ago when thinking about something before the pandemic and I'm like two years ago was 2021 lol. We did that like 5 years ago.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 22:56:11 )

@Koah: Awwww ;u; that's adorable~! And I'm here for it lol, both you and your hubby and the avi xD

@Totalanimefan: My skin is naturally oily, probably to make up for the lack of moisture in our air xD

Congrats Alorrena!

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 03:33:49 )
@Totalanimefan: ohh gotcha. They're probably trying to get as many units finished as possible before having anyone move in because it's hard to live in a construction area and that limits how loud they can be when working so as to not disturb anyone.

Also thanks!

It started out REALLY rough- we no longer have a working car. It overheated on I-4 and the temp gauge didn't tell me it was overheating, so basically it overheated the engine which then seized up and now we need a new engine. and since it's a 2006 we may as well buy a newer car. It was something we wanted to do anyway, but just not right now. But we were pulled off the side of i-4 for about 3 or 4 hours waiting on the tow truck, had it towed to pepboys, and while we were there we were going to try to get a rental car, but turned out we can't get one because we don't have a utility bill in either of our names. Go figure. So on our way back into pepboys (the car rental place was right next door) the receptionist guy came up to us and let us know that the mechanic said it looked like it was shot and we need a new motor. So then they got us a lyft (courtesy vehicle) to Disney, so we could have fun the rest of the day. So at disney, we got a few new pins, new mickey ears (i got the new tianna ears and he got the 50th main attraction haunted mansion ears), and then we drank at epcot at joy of tea, regal eagle, choza de margarita, and a place in japan that had boozy snow cones which were perfect because we were hot. Then we got a lyft to Volcano k-bbq and hotpot for dinner, and got some soju with dinner. And then his mom picked us up. I ate a lot of rice cakes lol It ended up being a good night, despite how the day started. So now we're looking for a new car.

Edit- just saw your post about me being winner- Awesome! Thank you!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 20:30:07 )

@MimikyuToo: That could totally be true. Some people's skin compensate for the climate around us. Speaking of me and dry skin I had to put on a ton of moisturizer today it's pretty cool and dry. We have an arctic blast that is moving through, but luckily it should be gone tomorrow. Does it get cold in the winter near you?

@Alorrena: Oh wow that really, really sucks. Cars are so expensive right now and please make sure that you check the history on it. Lots of cars have a bad history after all the flooding from Ian. And you're welcome about winning. ^^
Yeah that's probably what they are doing. It would be pretty annoying to have to listen to that everyday.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 21:33:05 )

@Totalanimefan: Ummmm yes and no, it really just depends on the winter. Like yea this year was cold but not near as much as last year, and the year before that was in the 60's xD It doesn't know if it wants to be cold here in the winter or not xD

Donator — Am Potato Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/5 03:24:20 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, we don't have to worry about that. Can't even get a car loan right now because i don't make enough and my credit got ruined in college. A lot of negatives are piling up right now, and bad things come in 3's so i'm really wondering what the next bad thing is going to be. i'm really not looking forward to it right now. I really don't know how i'll handle it, i'm already struggling as it is. I haven't been without a car for more than a couple days in over 10 years. Actually, i haven't not owned a car in over 10 years. So i'm trying to readjust mentally, but it's difficult. Fills me with anxiety. I've been playing sims 4 all day trying to get my mind off of it. I think once i get another job i'm going to take some time and save as much as i can just to buy a car out right.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/5 17:48:00 )

@MimikyuToo: It hasn't been that cold this winter except when we get cold fronts. It's pretty weird. We haven't really gotten snow and even NYC has barely gotten snow this year.
Last winter was pretty cold for us and I was living in a house that didn't stay warm very well.

@Alorrena: Yeah you can't do anything in FL without a car. Does your MIL have one at least? It's easy to get overwhelmed so just try to take it a day at a time. Did you tell your insurance?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/5 21:12:24 )

@Totalanimefan: Oof, makes you wonder how much global warming there really is.
Like is it effecting more than they say it is?
But I get that. My house has no insulation so it sucks xD
Hangout || Questing
Please ping me if I don't reply.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.