Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/17 20:40:55 )
@Wildfire: you had been curious about my avatars top/shirt thing. Lol
I just became friends with a repeat customer from Texas. XD she's great. Older gal who owns a ranch.
I want to go visit her.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/17 20:44:02 )
@Koah: Oh - yeah, I have that item actually... just didn't recognize it.
Oh, that's cool! Does she need a cowboy? I happen to have one... XD (not that I'm kicking him out of the house but it might be nice to ...oh... not have a saddle in my living room...) ROLF <3 I love meeting interesting people... across generations is a bonus!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/17 21:05:47 )
@Wildfire: she could probably use the extra hands. But i dont know how to bridge that connection for ya. Lol.
OH show your son where i work. One moment, going to message you that info. Lol. He'd be obsessed.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/17 21:52:46 )
@Koah: LOL! <3 I wasn't really asking you to bridge that particular connection... but yeah... that's my son... the "cowboy" XD

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/17 22:02:34 )
@Wildfire: hey. At least he wants to get his hands dirty and do the hard work of ranch life. XD
I know toooo many boys/men that do video games and don't go outside or know how to do hard hands-on work. Cx

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/17 22:11:07 )
@Koah: He would much rather use his hands and work hard than play video games. He gets ansty if he doesn't work himself physically...

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/17 23:34:49 )

@Koah: Thank you so much! I'm really very pleased with this avatar. :D I love yours as well; the dark red with the green is so pretty!
Please ping me!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/18 00:21:46 )
@CooperationIsKey: thank you. C:
I hope there will be a new Xmas themed item this week/Christmas. Cx i love the super festive items.

@Wildfire: lol that's amazing.
I cant relate. OTL i get antsy if i can't sit and chill for a bit before the next thing. XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/18 03:31:47 )
@Wildfire: I get that, normally every year around this time, I am far from done. Beside sending out like a single card, I am for once done besides wrapping. I do hope you get everything to the point you want it tomorrow.

Well I guess for me, at least no one else decorates like right near us, so I don't stick out like a sore thumb. It's just so much work, and our house runs on a frickin heat pump, so like any outdoor lights makes our already high winter bills skyrocket. So kinda glad to skip it this year.

I'm not really sure the kinda he is. He says he's not full vegan, so I know he can have honey and butter, I think? I do have a cmas ham for me and my hubby, but I'm thinking staples like mashed tators, maybe sweet poatotes, some rolls, and a green bean casserole and corn. But I don't want him to just have only sides to eat. I want some sort of easy main dish he can have, but not have meat in it.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/18 13:56:34 )
@Koah: Yeah... he's so much fun when he's sick /eyeroll/ [deletes another momma braggin' on her son mini-story XD] He's pretty good at working physically too...

It depends on what my activities are and who I'm with, and how I'm feeling, but I too often need some "transition time" between activities... I need a chance to mentally switch between them (sometimes).

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/18 14:18:02 )
@Rei Ann: Cards. I gave up trying to get those out years ago. I love the idea of them, I have just never quite been able to make it happen... :(

Thank you. There is progress being made, but it's taking a lot longer than I was expecting it to take. The house is 1/3 cleaned and I more donation things are going out the door today, so that should help. I'm still going to have to find a place to temporarily store a few things for people I most likely will not see in the next week, though :( ... at least the tree is up. Even if it is still mostly bald XD

Maybe instead of lights and electricity-based things, you can find alternative decorating things... signs, garden flags, build a snowman... I don't know... or even battery-powered things maybe? At least that way you'll know what your expense for running the lights/whatever are...??

Concerning your brother - you might want to ask him what he's willing to eat for Christmas, or what the details of his diet are. I know you said that you think he's ok with animal byproducts, but he might have a limit with them, and unless you're vegetarian or vegan yourself they tend to show up in food stuff and recipes that you wouldn't necessarily expect. Yes, lots of veggies would be good, but also, there are vegetarian and vegan alternatives available in the stores these days, like Tofurkey roasts or maybe you could do an eggplant dish that's suitable to his diet... or maybe a vegetarian lasagna ...

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/18 15:12:42 )
@Wildfire: my husband just started throwing up. Same thing as us last week/weekend. -sigh
You are more than welcome to brag about your kids to me. You worked hard to raise them, you got braggin rights. <3
When it comes to work, i can switch my brain pretty quickly from one task to the next, or job to job.
At home, i need transition time between activities with my kids. I can't do back to back activities like some parents can do.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/18 15:48:30 )
@Koah: Oh lovely. I'm sorry, hon. :( I hope he feels better soon :3
LOL <3 Braggin' rights!!
Yeah... it depends on the situation, I think... if the different tasks are all in the same "mental bucket" or something... like you're saying - different tasks at work are fine, but switching from work to kids is different. Different tasks around the house are ok, but switching from that to a party might take some time to transition between... that kind of thing.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/18 21:55:13 )
@Wildfire: Well my sister specific requested a cmas card for her gift, and some family pictures, so I feel like since that's all she wants, I should get it out.

Well a mostly bald tree can still be really pretty. It also sounds like you've made pretty good process, and there still some time.

We do have some flags and a few battery operated things, but everytime we get a battery thing, it legit breaks in that season. I don't know if the weather is cutting it, if someone nearby is, or animals, but we got ground stake candy canes, that are battery operated, for outdoors and the wires connecting to the battery box, look either cut or pulled apart. I dunno.

I would ask if, if he'd answer his dang phone. He;s really hard to get a hold of, but I did find one of those fo-ham roast things in the vegan alise at the grogicies store. So that, and lots of veggies will be my answer for him.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/19 12:44:03 )
@Rei Ann: Yeah, it seems reasonable to get a card and photos out if that's all your sister wants :3 I understand that. And it sounds like you've got your brother covered - and if he doesn't answer his phone, then he can't really complain about your solutions, can he?? XD

That's kind of weird that the wires on your decorations are getting cut or pulled apart. Do you have a particularly grouchy neighbor or especially mischievous squirrels or something?

The tree is up and, I guess, fully decorated. There are lights and balls and red ribbons, and that's it. But it's pretty, if simple...

... and yes, there's still some time, but I was hoping to be able to truly relax for at least a couple of days before xmas and I'm not sure that's going to happen, tbh. And I still need to figure out what I'm cooking too... and get whatever I need for that. So, more running around is in my future, it seems.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/19 16:49:43 )
The final stretch until Christmas is finally here and I am free! I slept in today after buckling down last week.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/19 23:53:27 )
@Wildfire: Right, so we need to get on that, it's just unsure if the printer works, and been so damn busy. I about to send her some via a usb stick and call it a night/day.

It is, we do have squirrels, and I don't think it's a neighbor, but it could be one of the houses near us, they have like a billion people who live in that house, and I know someone sometimes comes over near our yard to smoke pot, but I don't think it's them. I think it's either wind or animals, but it's getting frustrating.

As for my brother true, my younger sister today yet again asked for his xmas list, and he's just like radio silent.

Oooh that sounds like a pretty true and very good process. It's another think to not off the list.

Well I hope you do get at least a day of rest, or that the odds give you some time off.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/20 12:51:53 )
@Lotus: Oh - good for you! <3 I'm glad you got a chance to sleep in and relax a little bit! I'm still doing a little scrambling, but I'm really hoping that after today, I'll be able to chill for a bit too. :3 So now that you're free for a few days, what do you plan on doing with yourself??

@Rei Ann: I hope you get all your stuff done ... the photos, etc., and your brother... well, I guess he gets the proverbial piece of coal in his stocking this year!! XD

*Glares at squirrels*... they are doing their best these days to completely destroy a couple of my outside plants - stealing all the "fruit" off of one of bushes and now breaking the limbs off of another... little rats! :3 They can be cute, but they can definitely be destructive and annoying...

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/20 14:42:35 )
@Wildfire: Thank you, I feel very refreshed. Tomorrow will be the final meeting about discussing which foods will be there. 22nd will be a relaxing day with my other half, 23rd will be wrapping final gifts, and finally, the 24th will be the night I prep and make my share of the food to present on the 25th. What about you? Any ideas you got planned? n_n

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/20 15:23:10 )
@Lotus: I still have too much to do...
Today: errands including returns, donations, groceries, and possibly a doctor's appointment with my youngest (if he wants me to go with him)... making sure hubby "puts the dining room back together" (everything that was in the hutch is now on the table so he can get to a vent behind it)... and hopefully finalizing the menu for Christmas
Tomorrow: Whatever didn't get done^^ today, and definitely finalizing the menu. And, because it's the solstice, getting outside and enjoying the day.
Thursday: whatever didn't get done^^ (lol) and a holiday get together with some friends. Wrapping gifts. Probably getting more groceries.
Friday: I really want to say "nothing" or "sitting on my a**" but that's not likely to happen. I'll probably be cooking and cleaning (or constantly reminding my guys to clean)
Saturday: ... hosting. ... and probably dying on the couch afterwards XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.