Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/8 20:19:18 )
@Koah: Oh wow... that's scary! I'm glad nothing serious happened and that you had a couple of people stop to help you! It's definitely scary losing control on icy roads like that. I've done it before too and still remember it a good couple of decades later! XD I'm really glad you're ok :3
... and on a different note: You're dealing with snow and ice.... and I'm looking at another hurricane / tropical storm XD XD

I'm sorry to hear some of those sites are no longer active. It was worth a try, right?

@Mathonwy: yeah... I wish I was done adulting but I have more to do yet. I dunwanna. :/
... I had to look up what you were eating. I suppose I should have guessed it included apples!! XD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/8 20:21:45 )
... and I've missed a small heap of conversation, apparently! XD LOL <3

@star2000shadow: ... so this is a good day for you? It sounds like it might be!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/8 21:19:14 )
@Wildfire: oh my gosh , Another hurricane?! Whoah! I think i prefer snow to tropical storms. XD (which is why i live here. Lol)
I'll eventually get my etsy up. I think the bank account i had tried to use just wasn't going to work with etsy. So i'll try a different account.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/8 22:25:21 )
@Koah: Yeah, another one... kinda. It's supposed to just barely make a category 1 just before landfall on the east coast of Florida, before immediately dropping back down to a tropical storm. I'm sooooo not concerned about it at this point. We'll have a rainy day and my garden will get watered :3

I hope things go more smoothly for you when you try to set up an account again. :3 I should probably set one up too... but I.dun.feel.like.it. /no/

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/8 23:24:46 )
@Wildfire: a category 1 sounds so harmless compared to the cat4 last month.

I am really enjoying your avi today. It's fun.

My boss is so sassy today. Jeez. She's one of those stressy-type busy bodies. Takes on more than she can handle but accomplishes everything by a hair.

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/9 00:38:28 )

Decided to unbox my new blood glucose meter and get it all set up, just in case the storm is worse than expected and I do have to make a break for higher ground... and the dog immediately brought his ball and demanded I take it/throw it.

Meaning I had to carefully put the meter away without touching it because the stupid thing is supposed to stay as sterile as possible.

I love this dog but boy his timing sucks. XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/9 01:26:43 )
@Koah: Well it seems to be nickel, but mostly in earrings. I also learned recently, that I'm allergic to lemons, if I eat them raw or have like lemon juice. It won't kill me, or give me hives, but the reaction, I have is an allegery.

How your day going?

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/9 01:28:32 )
@Wildfire: I completely agree. Then with holidays in swing, it makes things even harder. Cause I'm like shoot, out of time and now it's too call to be outside.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/9 06:12:57 )
@Rei Ann: i wonder if your lemon allergy is like my mango allergy.
Mango almost has a fuzzy zappy texture for me.
I know lots of people allergic to nickel. And damn the fashion industry for using it to keep things cheap. ;(
My day went pretty well. I worked. Got poached to a new job. Sooo... I gotta figure out how to break that to my boss. =3='
I saw my daughter's play rehearsal. I love theatre. <3
And i decided to get back into my workout routine. So i hope to stick to it after today.
How are you?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/9 13:36:59 )
@Koah: Yeah, this is barely going to be a hurricane, and barely a blip, really - especially compared to Ian, which was a strong cat4 (almost a 5). We won't be doing any preparations other than the usual things that need to happen that just tend to coincide with hurricane prep... like I need to get gas in my vehicle because it's at 1/4 tank, and I was going to run to Costco for stuff anyway because the guys keep eating everything XD. I'd rather do this stuff today than tomorrow in the rain (assuming the stores are open; they've already closed some schools apparently /eyeroll/), but I'm "concerned" that with all the new Floridians here, and after Ian, people are going to be freaking out. Oh well... that's my day in another couple of hours. Right now, it's time for coffee! :3 XD

So did your boss chill out at all? How was your day? Are you still enjoying the job and the change in location?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/9 13:41:43 )
@CooperationIsKey: Sounds like a typical dog... and dog knows best! Obviously, you needed to throw the ball for him and not bother setting up your machine right then!! XD <3

@Rei Ann: Holidays definitely make these couple of months zoom past, don't they? And the cold weather just changes things... changes so much about daily life and how you manage the details of it.

@Koah: Oh! You did get the other job??
Congrats on starting the workout routine again. I'm trying to do the same, but the last couple of days have been a little difficult getting it done for me.

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/9 15:21:46 )
Hello everyone! Sorry that I haven't been around much the past couple of days, but work is busy and I hung out with some friends yesterday that I hadn't talked to in a while. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/9 18:58:07 )
@Mathonwy: oh hello. It's good to see you stopping by. I hope you had a good visit with friends! :3

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/9 19:07:36 )

God my lower back is mad at me. I'm pretty sure it's because of the strain of the exercise bike on those muscles/my bad disc, but my roommate is just adamant that it's my bed.

I keep pointing out that if it were my bed my back would hurt like this every day. She doesn't listen. Roommate knows best!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/9 19:09:23 )
@CooperationIsKey: awwww... I'm sorry to hear that your back is bothering you ... and that your roomie seems so convinced of herself being right. Have you tried gently stretching your back, Key - it might help :3

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/9 19:41:21 )

@wildfire: I do need to stretch more. I warm up in the pool usually before biking and I think that helps some, but I definitely need to incorporate more proper stretching into my routine.

I have an arthritic disc and it's often mad at me, but I've had sciatic type nerve pain recently too down both legs (mostly the right one) and that has really sucked.

Bottom line I really need to get in better shape tbh. XD;;

How are you doing on this blustery day?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/9 21:00:24 )
@CooperationIsKey: You n' me both. :3 Right now, I'm tired. Really tired. I ran errands this morning and I think the combo of not eating before I left, and then not finding food to eat when I was hungry, has combined to backfire on me... dealing with stupid drivers and people freaking out over the tropical storm isn't helping atm tbh... but otherwise, I'm ok. How are you doing other than sore??

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/9 21:14:33 )

Oh gosh, yeah, fuel is important! And oh god yes the stupid drivers--we had someone in a pickup in front of us waiting to make a left turn who just... sat there. For a REALLY long time. Roommate finally honked, someone behind us--a line was forming--honked, but the guy seemed to think there needed to be no one approaching at all for as far down the road as we could see before he could make his u-turn.

Fortunately that was the dumbest we encountered, but we also weren't out long, lol.

I'm doing okay. Trying to remind myself that this storm isn't nearly as bad as Ian was but I think after that storm I'm a little spooked. ^^;

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/9 22:08:03 )
My housemate's boyfriend is visiting, which is great for me because they always order food and get me some. ^_^
It's just your friendly apple maiden!

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/10 02:48:56 )

Roommate talked me into making (from a box) brownies, lol, since she got done at the barn and home and we got done with dinner so early. Yay brownies!

Although my back hurts a lot and I was really looking forward to sitting down right after doing the dinner dishes, lol.

She's lucky I'm nice. XD

Please ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.