Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 18:54:31 )
@Wildfire: Right? I still don't get it, but I guess that's how cars are made now. Yet the mailbox still stands, and you'd never thought it was hit. It's like a testament of strength.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 18:55:26 )
@Mathonwy: Hello dear! Welcome to Voltra. How you stumbled upon Voltra, sounds exactly what I did. I was like I miss avi sites, so let me find one.

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 18:58:56 )
@rei ann: Hello! I'm glad to meet others feeling the same nostalgia! Oh, and I love your Raven-themed avi! =D

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 19:55:28 )
@Mathonwy: Thank you. I used to be on a site called Menewsha, and my avi there has never not been Raven from TT. So it's a nostalgia avi.

So how are you today?

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 20:11:29 )
@rei ann: That's awesome! Here's a random fact about me: I'm an acquaintance of Hynden Walch, the actress for Starfire. I don't live anywhere near California, but we have connections together at CCM. We're not exactly friends I'd say, but we're Twitter mutuals and occasionally chat there to talk about what we're up to.

I've always had a habit of making my avis look more or less like me. I haven't been blond in quite a while though, and I had some chemotherapy treatments last year that took all my "Rapunzel locks" away, but it's growing back nicely. In a few more years, I might have bum-length hair again. =)

I'm doing pretty well today! I baked a cake, did some household chores, and this evening I'm going to a birthday gathering for someone turning 70, just some close family, so I will be eating even MORE cake! What are you up to today?

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 20:13:00 )
@rei ann: Oh, I just saw the trade! Thank you so very much for that! ^_^

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 20:31:22 )
@Mathonwy: it sounds like you'll be quite comfortable here! :3
Most of us, I think, have been around avi sites for quite some time... so lots and lots of common ground...

@Rei Ann: *flexes* Yay mailbox??? XD

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 20:59:51 )
@wildfire: I'm really excited about this and happy to meet you all! You've been very welcoming and I tend to be shy, so you've already pulled me out of my shell. <3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 21:16:33 )
@Mathonwy: oh good! This tends to be a pretty accepting bunch, overall, and I'm pretty low-key personally, so... uhhh... yeah... yay? XD

So tell us a little about yourself!! ... and what do you want to know about us??

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 21:32:44 )
@Mathonwy: No problem. I hope it helps and it's always nice to share the wealth.

@Wildfire: Right? That thing is the superhero of mailboxes.

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 23:10:27 )
@wildfire: Thank you! One thing about myself you'll notice is that I really love apples. My mother was an orchardist, but I'm somewhat obsessed with it. I can discern at least 100 varieties of apple by taste. It's just a passion. My other main passion is music. I play a bunch of unusual instruments common in folk music and medieval music, mostly focusing on psalteries. I like to bake, I'm a mamma's girl and adore my mother, and I loved my very long hair until I lost it from cancer treatments (I'm getting better though, no worries).

Tell me what your favorite apples and music are! =)

@rei ann: <3

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 23:12:00 )
@Wildfire: A walk sounds nice. I totally escaped the house for a bit too. I went to the grocery store [by myself lol] and actually got everything we need. Cx
When I have the kids at the store, I'll be halfway down the list and my nerves get fried and I do the "we need to leave.. asap." XD

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 23:23:27 )

@Mathonwy: Hello! And welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your cancer and hair loss but I'm happy to hear you're doing better! That's a really unusual talent, being able to discern so many apple types! (I didn't even realize there were that many that were that distinct!) Personally, I love Pink Lady apples best, I think.

I love baking, too! What do you like to bake best, anything in particular?

@Wildfire: Well my usual chronic pain did subside after a while (I ended up napping it off) but I've had sciatic nerve pain down both legs out of nowhere today.

Just one of those days I guess. m(____)m

How's your day gone?

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 23:31:33 )
@cooperationiskey: Thank you very much! You have excellent taste because I loooove Cripps Pink (Pink Lady)! I usually bake pies: apple pie of course, strawberry rhubarb, pumpkin and sweet potato, and I like to bake cookies, cakes, tarts, and little pastries. I also love baking bread, but I've been trying not to eat too much lately.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 23:37:28 )
@Mathonwy: So whatcha up to?

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 23:40:10 )
@rei ann: Not much! I'm at a family gathering at the moment hiding in the living room sipping coffee, and in about an hour I'll probably be home to Skype with a friend and ask him about his first date with someone! I know he wants to spill. What are you up to tonight?

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 23:41:45 )

@Mathonwy: THAT'S the other name for them! I couldn't remember, lol.

I haven't done pies (yet; I do have a cheesecake recipe I've been dying to try) but I love baking quick breads and cookies. I made zucchini bread from scratch earlier this year and it was sooo good.

And yeah that's the trouble with baking--you bake, but then SOMEone's gotta eat it!

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 23:42:02 )
@Mathonwy: Oh, I tend to hide during family gatherings as well. I have two very hyper active nieces that demand we follow all their whims. I'm working on my profile for a roleplay and just hanging out at home.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 23:44:30 )

Aw, I love family gatherings but I definitely have a small social battery, so I understand hiding from them. Sometimes when it's too much I'll just park myself in a corner somewhere and observe. :)
Please ping me!

Donator — she/her/hers Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/5 23:47:17 )
@cooperationiskey: Always to help with my apple maiden lore! ~_^ I'd love to try zucchini bread, too! I've mostly just made banana bread and cornbread before.

@rei ann: That sounds like a nice, relaxing evening! I'd rather be at home reading. You know when you ran out of time and had to stop mid-chapter? I probably won't get back to it until bedtime, assuming my call with my friend doesn't tucker me out.
It's just your friendly apple maiden!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.