Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — she/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/1 18:42:39 )

*waddles about excitedly*
I know I am deliberately skipping thanksgiving cause i dont celebrate it

TIME TO START CHANGING MY AUTUMN DECOR
so excited so excited

starting with new post style :D

dw I wont decorate my tree until the end of this month. BUT I WILL PUT IT UP >:D

Anyone else on here an early bird for xmas decorations?
Or are yall about to burn me at the stake rn lmaoo

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/1 19:57:55 )

I like Thanksgiving, so I'll be holding over until after then. :)

Voltie — she/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/1 20:41:26 )

@Totalanimefan:
thanksgiving always felt like a family get together holiday to me. which, i like that, but i aint driving back to CO again XD
its just not something my husband and i have felt like celebrating as just the two of us~

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/1 21:56:57 )

@Jolly: that’s tough. My husband and I always liked it cause it was good food and time off without the pressures of Christmas lol

Voltie — she/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/1 22:41:56 )

@Totalanimefan:
Yeah, I do love the food that comes along with it. I'll probably still do something at my job the weekend before or after. Last year we did a pot luck.
If so, I'll probably make candied yams or green bean casserole for my coworkers! Otherwise wait until christmas to do a fancy feast for 2

Donator — He/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/1 23:19:12 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

I dont exactly celebrate it however last year i started making holiday cards and i want to keep that a tradition now. So to get them posted in time i need to start drawing asap to get em printed on time. So i gues with that im kinda celebrating lol

We havnt actually set a tree up for maaaaanyyy years lol. The last time we just didnt have the energy to take it down and it was still set up until like a year later at easter. The only reasen it was taken down was bc my dog ran into it and it fell destroying all the balls ect.
And now with a new pup here who seems to like to destroy everything and jump onto all, i doubt it would be a good idea to get one...

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — Any Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/1 23:20:32 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
NOVEMBER IS SECOND SPOOKY MONTH I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS SLANDER
i dont personally celebrate thanksgiving either but my family cooks so i at least have that to look forward to. ima foodie so no complaints

Voltie — she/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/1 23:23:39 )

@GoblinsAndTea:
Every year I keep saying I'll start making custom holiday cards, but every year I dont!!
It seems like so much fun ;;
If I can beat my current creative block I might give it a shot!

Poor pup I totally get not having energy for things, so I probably would never bother with lights. But I got a small 3 section tree thats easy to take down. its one of those "slim" xmas trees that are super cheap on amazon >>

@milkshake:
But september is first spooky month in my home :]
(god i love your avi, the colors are so well balanced!)

Donator — Any Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/1 23:35:12 )

@Jolly: lol fair! I just moved into my first apartment and im so excited to decorate. Sucks that we moved in at the beginning of October, couldnt spend much on spooky activities cuz we had to get this places down payment and a u-haul, and just general apartment stuff haha. But im excited to decorate for christmas probably around the end of the month! :3 Probably gonna get a goth tree haha

Voltie — she/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/1 23:59:55 )

@milkshake:
goth trees are so pretty
my husband is a bit traditional with holiday colors in particular, so he insisted he wanted a green tree lmao
im cool with it though (I do own a purple tree, but left it at my moms in CO. I'll get it another season!)

gosh moving sucks. I also chose a bad timing, cause my lease renew is in early january. I'll stay here one more year at least. But when comes time for me to move again, it'll definitely make christmas hard to decorate just to pack up super quickly after haha

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/2 00:09:48 )
Well consider I just bought a set of Squishmallow Christmas Ornaments from Costco, I am so ready to switch decor. My husband, bless his heart, keeps saying thanksgiving first, but like why not christmas?
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator — Any Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/2 00:59:33 )

@Jolly: I TOTALLY DIDNT NOTICE U COMPLIMENTED ME THANK U AWW
Hoping to get a bunch of nightmare before christmas stuff for this year :3 i know its apparently cringe now, but idc i still love it.
yeah i still have a bunch of boxes OTL we dont have much furniture right now as far as shelves and our apartments a small 1 bedroom. Just kind of having to save up for things right now haha

Please ping me!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/2 02:22:54 )

@Jolly: both of those sound so good. I want them lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/2 15:26:17 )
@Jolly: Decorations mid-November is when decorations go up. That way I have a whole month and a half of Halloween and a whole month and a half of Christmas. it's chrizm (Saw how sneaky you were with that title, love it, had to join in.)

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/2 22:24:33 )

My Halloween shrine likely will stay up until Thanksgiving, lol. But then I'll switch it out for my cute lil' tree with the ornaments that are mostly from my mom. <3

Also someone mentioned Christmas plushies; I just yesterday discovered I have one of those Ty "Beanie Ball" reindeer plushies, but I need more festive plushes to go with him. :D

Please ping me!

Donator — He/They Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/3 23:31:32 )

Nope nope nope still Halloween over here. I go mid-late September to early November for spooky season, then early December to early-mid January for Xmas season, and the in-between time is 'generic Fall', where I would put a Thanksgiving... if I had one. I don't like to jump directly from Halloween to Xmas. I need some wind down time for the seasons to change first.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/11/10 22:44:13 )
I will admit that I mis-read this as CRIMINALS rather than CHRISTMAS

I personally avoid Christmas until about a week before. Sucks having a birthday so close to Christmas, but my parents have always been awesome about keeping it separate. Except during the pandemic where it was like "tree 2 days after your birthday ok?"
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.