Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2022 ┤▒├ Wildfire's Wanderings ┤▒├

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/28 20:02:13 )

@Wildfire: Er... I plead the Fifth. (rofl my sleep schedule is always messy but it's been particularly erratic the last couple weeks. >_>;;; )

@Alchemists Fire: Yeah, I mean we'd had world resets a few times and different games (vanilla, modded, skyblock, etc) had come and gone, but it was 'home', you know? I always went back to it. At one point I was a staff member!

@star2000shadow: I'm obsessed with customizing the details on my characters and houses--I've even a couple times bought expansion packs specifically so that whatever character--usually OCs--that I was building could be accurate! Like I got the "Get To Work" or whatever bundle so my doctor character could actually be a doctor, and I got the Pets expansion so a couple of my characters could have their cats, et cetera.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/28 20:15:07 )
@Koah: aww, thanks <3 I'm sorry I missed you popping by today, and hope all is well :3

@CooperationIsKey: lol - as long as you're having fun, right??

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/28 21:03:54 )

Questing :
Wicked

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @CooperationIsKey: heck I'm after the Country Living because i have a character I want living in the country and it'd be the perfect pack, only when it IS cheap i don't have money 'grumbles'

<:3( )~~

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/28 21:53:07 )
@Wildfire: i am doing well. The viruses that hit our house are ~hopefully nearing the end of the cycle.
I picked up a temp second job this week at our local halloween shop. So im working a little more, home a little less.
(I forgot how annoying it is to cater to rich people.)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/28 22:56:17 )
@Koah: lol... I bet. I've managed to avoid doing retail work, but yeah... at least it's temporary? I hope everyone is feeling better soon :3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/28 23:34:40 )

@Koah: I'm glad I don't have to cater to rich people right now. I feel for you

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/29 00:05:12 )

@star2000shadow: I find there tends to be decent sales (like half off or more!) during Black Friday and the winter holidays in general. That's when I got mine I think. :)
Please ping me!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/29 01:05:47 )

Questing :
Wicked

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @CooperationIsKey: well i guess that's when im a get mine 'nods' <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/29 08:24:01 )
@CooperationIsKey: Resets don't sound nearly as bad as complete loss, that really sucks, I'm so sorry =(

I've been looking for a way to play Minecraft with my boyfriend on a private server without having to pay or use LogMeIn Hamachi, I thought I found something at one point but neither of us remember anymore =(
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/29 13:37:27 )
@Alchemists Fire: I don't know the details or whether or not they've changed things to prevent it from being the case any more, but I'm pretty sure that a single computer can host and act as a server for a private Minecraft session... or at least I'm pretty sure that was the case once upon a time. Maybe you can check in to that??

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/29 13:40:03 )
Also, good morning everyone.
What are your plans this Saturday before Halloween? - parties? - the "usual" Saturday stuff? - anything? - nothing? Whatever you're doing, I hope you find it enjoyable and productive :3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/29 17:16:13 )

@Alchemists Fire: you have to do this file server launchy box thingy on one of your computers. And as long as its open, the server will be up. than you can save it and close it down whenever.
But yeah. Its a one of you hosts the server thing. or use hamachi for a lan connection.

I technically have a server that you'd both be welcome to use. Its me and only a couple other people right now. But it is no mods. I poke it when i've got the energy to. Building stardew houses in it for no reason.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/29 17:18:27 )

Oh! Or you have to play on windows and not java >.> cause windows you can just play on whatever server your friend is on.
Which.
I don't know why you can't do that with java. Like it used to be when it was just minecraft *grumble noises*

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/29 17:34:37 )
@Wildfire:
@Shadami:
I kinda enjoy retail over restaurant work. XD
I genuinely like talking to people. Lol. The best job I've had so far is being a librarian. (But it doesn't pay as well as this job i got)
But yeah - rn i live in a 1%er county. So 95% of my customers have endless pockets and i'd say a good 30% of my customers talk down to me. -eye roll-
Some people are amazing and have stories to tell on how they accumulated their wealth. So I love people who share their stories. :3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/29 17:45:01 )

@Koah: I have giant social anxiety. xD and people that talk down to me are the worst. for me to handle i mean. I'm sure they're lovely people in other ways.
My grandmother was a librarian. and it seems like such a dream job if it paid better. <3 books are wonderful

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/29 18:13:08 )
@Koah:
@Shadami:
I have a great respect for the folks who have made their own fortunes (especially if they do it sincerely and ethically), but that definitely does not give them the right to be demeaning to anyone who hasn't managed to make that kind of money.

I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying what you're doing, Koah. You definitely sound less stressed than you did a month ago. <3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/29 18:18:56 )

@Wildfire: yes. this. i'm just bad at saying that xD
I hope i catch my break one day and all my hard work pays off. But right now. just exhausted.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/29 18:21:16 )
@Shadami: oh hon... I feel ya on that 200% <3 I hope your hard work pays off one day as well. In the meantime, please make sure that you take the time and make the effort to take care of yourself :3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/29 19:03:54 )

@Wildfire:
can i just answer with a *hugs* thanks.
I'm trying.
I'm emotionally drained today... this month. Yeah, this month has been kind of awful.
But today i feel like just tapping out. I need a break. and I can't get one as a mom with no help T.T I just keep telling myself I have to hold out until the little one is in school in 2 years. and hopefully things will let me breath and get slightly easier.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/29 20:46:49 )
@Shadami: You're welcome, hon {{hugs}}. I get it because I've "been there, done that" - if perhaps with slightly different details. Do Not Forget to Take Time for Yourself. It is important. I'm so sorry that you're going through this, but you seem to be on the right track, and that says everything! <3 Learn the lessons you can from the situation and then move on. Don't dwell. Don't do the regret/anxiety/whatever stuff. Just do the best you can do and keep moving forward (healthily) - you can't possibly ask any more from yourself than that. <3 ........... and damn, girl... if I were closer, I'd come take the kids to the park or something for you for a couple hours... {{hugs}} You got this. Even if today or this month is difficult. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.