Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Got my heart monitor removed!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 13:26:34 )
    That must feel good to be rid of it!!!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 18:42:29 )

@Vegan: Thanks again for the tips. I've been putting a lot of healing lotions and skincare.

@Miss Sandman: Thank you. It was!

@Alchemists Fire: Thank you, it kinda was lol

@Ruby: Wow. I'm sure that makes it really hard or impossible to travel.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 19:10:10 )

@sunny: Yes it really is! Thanks for your support ^^

@KDA Drew: I was gonna say, those two things will give you heart palpitations. Those suck. If your Dr thinks your heart is good, then I don't think that you need one. This is related to long covid and we don't have that much data.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/24 08:15:13 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: I had no idea about this.
hope nothing serious comes up.
my grandma had to wear one for a short time as she got pneumonia for the third time and some other virus a while back.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/24 11:40:56 )

@MoodyB: thanks! I hope it’s nothing serious too. I know it’s long Covid related but I don’t exactly know what it does it my heart.
I’m sorry about your grandma.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/24 14:09:42 )

Oh good!! I hope that this will result in good news <3

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/24 17:17:52 )
Totalanimefan:

@Ruby: Wow. I'm sure that makes it really hard or impossible to travel.

Not impossible, but definitely a lot harder since I need supplies and food stuffs.
My anxiety is also way worse than it used to be so I try not to travel as much as we used to.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/24 19:29:56 )

@Jolly: Thank you <33

@Ruby: Yes so true. I get anxiety from travel too because my body really doesn't like all of the change and physical stress of travel. I do like being in different places though

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/24 20:56:47 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah same, we used to travel a lot, but I notice I get way more sick now, even on shorter car trips (and by shorter I mean like an hour+ lol) I think its just anxiety but man is it uncomfortable. I like to be comfortable and have my things, my places to sit, my bed, my bathroom lol ya know?
I’m sad because I also love to explore and see new things but my body just can’t take it right now. And anything flying is out because that’s a whole other nightmare.

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/24 21:21:53 )
@Ruby: Oh good grief! I think what you went through is WAY more scary!! I'm so glad you made it!
That's awesome that you were able to have your mom with you to learn how to deal with everything, but omg broken wrist, what did you dooo?

I don't really know all that much about what insulin does in the body aside from something about dealing with blood sugar, does all that do something to cause bones to break easier?

I'm lucky so far that I've avoided diabetes, but I need to be careful. There's a history of it in my family, and I've gotten really heavy over the pandemic =(

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/24 21:54:54 )
@Alchemists Fire: aww thanks ❤️

Haha they had us running drills for volleyball where we were running backwards on the blacktop with our arms folded to our chest (I still don’t even know why) but I tripped and put my arms out to catch myself and landed wrong. It could have been a lot worse, the teacher that was with me actually caught my head before I bashed it on the ground. That would have been a lawsuit lol

God and then my teacher was like “you’re fine its not broken, does this hurt? -presses my BROKEN wrist-“ he was one of those “be a man!” Type of guys and its like sir I am an 11 year old female child and I broke my wrist.

I had to have a full cast because it was a hairline fracture near my growth bone and given that I was 11, if it had gotten worse my arm could have stayed shorter. Fortunately I healed up quickly and am all good but man was it satisfying to come back to school and be like “I TOLD YOU SO” xD

Insulin is responsible for regulating your blood sugar when you eat and stuff, so when you’re diabetic, some type 2’s but all of type 1’s are insulin dependent because your pancreas stopped producing it on your own. Type 2’s who don’t need insulin yet still have a working pancreas but it’s stressed and needs help.
So being a type 1 mine quit lol
So when I eat, I need to get a shot of insulin so that it can break down the sugars and keep me from spiking, which is what a working pancreas would do.
And if your sugar is low, you eat or drink or however you can (the honey packets do in fact work, they can absorb thru the inner cheek if you can’t swallow) and not take any insulin.
Like idk if you’ve seen the movie Panic Room with Kristen Stewart (as a kid)? But theres a moment she’s low and they keep being like “she needs her insulin!” And they give it to her and shes fine. That’s the OPPOSITE of what you do, they would have just killed her lol do basic research before you add that to a movie xD

To my knowledge it has no affect on bone strength.

Do you mean Type 2 then? Most type 1s get it as a kid. Its not impossible to get type one later, but its genetic and usually presents itself in childhood.

Also I know what you mean, I definitely gained weight too and I hate it :(

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 00:05:23 )
@Ruby: Oh geeze, that doesn't sound safe at all. And ughhhh those type of gym teachers suuuuck. I'm glad you got to come back and be like "TOLD YOU SO"

That's a fantastic explanation, very clear and easy to understand - thank you!
I haven't seen Panic Room, but yeah that seems backwards...it's "eat when you're low, insulin when you're high"?
I remembered the thing about honey packet and rubbing in the inner cheek as some sort of a recovery help thing (this was like 20+ years ago, don't remember super well anymore). I can't remember if it was supposed to be "if she's having a seizure" or if it was "if she faints", but I remember the "save the honey packets".

Yeah, sorry, I meant type 2. My dad's dad became diabetic later in life, my dad's always been super worried about becoming diabetic himself (although he's thin as a twig, so I doubt he'll develop it), and he's worried about me developing it.

Losing weight is hard when my job is so sedentary and I've gotta do it 40 hours a week and don't feel like doing anything else after because it's mentally taxing xD All I wanna do is zone out and shoot zombies (I play a lot of Left4Dead 2 with friends XDD)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 05:22:53 )

@Ruby: I get anxiety about it too and I’m sure that doesn’t help my cause.
What I did to help me is to start small, like really small. And then work your way up.
Once it is safe to do so, start with going to a park, then out to eat, then to a store that’s 20 mins away etc. small things like that helped me. And I’m ok with flying to FL and back now.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 12:14:47 )
@Alchemists Fire:
Yea? Band-aids don't stick to me for long, but, when they do? No issues (yet).

@Totalanimefan:
No problem TAF, I really hope you're able to get answers and don't need to do more HRM testing for a while.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 12:37:43 )
@Alchemists Fire: Oh, no, he was my full time teacher haha sorry, I went to small charter schools and forgot most people had several teachers and had to switch classes and such xD So yeah, he was like that the whole time teaching us OTL

No problem! :3 Glad I could help explain~
Yep! You have it correct. Low sugar > you need more sugar. High sugar > you need insulin to break it down.
And while you could pass out/go in a diabetic coma from having constant high sugar, low sugar is a more immediate threat because if it drops too low you pass out. They even have kits that work like an EpiPen but it's a giant syringe that you have to fill (it has a tablet inside and you have to put the saline or whatever liquid it comes with into it so it dissolves the tablet) and stab it into their thigh so they get instant sugar. It's called Glucagon. I even knew someone at diabetic camp that they had to keep giving her mini doses of it because nothing was bringing her back up, and after like 3 of those they finally called her parents to take her to the ER to get help. She was fine after that, but yeah. Fortunately I've never been that low.
BUT, that's what the honey packets are for. It's in the event they pass out from being too low and you don't have any glucagon and they can't swallow any juice/eat sugar because they're passed out. And it does work, my uncle is also a type 1 and his son more than once has had to squirt honey packets in his mouth and rub it into his cheek so he'd be okay. I know it's happened at least twice. Cake gel tubes also work but honey packets would probably work better taste better and be easier to have on hand lol.

On the bright side of having type 2, it can be reversed. Not saying "don't try your best to prevent it" but if it ever does happen, if you're dedicated, with diet and things you can get back to normal
I know that's easier said that done, and losing weight too. I know that struggle. I don't have a job but I'm chronically ill so I barely have energy enough to exercise (plus I overheat super easily so it's pretty, and being the type 1 that I am, heat actually raises my blood sugar x.x things like heat and stress really affect type 1s but not really type 2s.)
I'm hoping when it gets colder again I'll be able to go for walks and such, small at first til I build up endurance~
Best of luck on your journey

also shooting zombies is super fun xD I haven't ever played that one but I love FPS games xD

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 12:40:47 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh, yeah, I've never had a problem going out around town haha (I can't go to restaurants but that's because of my noise and smell sensitivity not just travel anxiety.)
I don't even mind longer road trips if it's not an overnight. That's where most of it comes from for me.

We're gonna have to go to SC again soon but thinking of doing a half way meet up and then going back home after vs driving the whole way and getting a hotel like last time. It wasn't a bad hotel there that time either but man it's just a lot and we just did it last month so, no thanks lol.

Glad you were able to work your way up to bigger trips <3

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 19:20:33 )
@Vegan: I don't usually have any problems with them sticking, it's just that the adhesive makes me itchyyyyy T_T

@Ruby: Ohh, okay, yeesh that makes it worse almost. Having to deal with the guy all day D: I had a different experience with teachers in each of 3 elementary schools I went to xD

One had dedicated teachers for everything except gym; the second one had more of a "home room" style where the home room teacher taught math, English and Art, and then we went to other teachers for science, social studies, French, music and our "passion project". Third one was classroom teacher taught everything (grade 6) and grade 7 classroom teach taught everything except we swapped teachers with the other grade 7 class for social studies/science.

Yikes, okay, so I guess the honey packets were in case of low sugar pass out.
Oh gosh that poor girl, I hope she was okay eventually!

Yeah, that's definitely a bright side of type 2, but I'd definitely rather do what I can to prevent it. Just found out a friend only a few years older than me is type 2 now >_<

Ooh, do you have Steam? I'd LOVE to shoot zombies with you! It's like the only FPS I play xDD L4D2 is like 13 years old now but it's still SO FUN. And it's only like $10 xD

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 20:07:53 )
@Alchemists Fire:
Fair enough, then yea, I can see how that would be annoying and painful. ; w;

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 21:03:19 )
@Vegan: Very annoying xD I've had luck with Nexcare, I don't tend to itch from them, but they don't stick as well as Band-Aid, so I usually only use them while a wound is bleeding or to protect an injury from getting worse.

Also lol, I almost spelled wound as "woond"
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/25 21:40:04 )

Glad to hear you got it removed.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.