Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Got my heart monitor removed!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 01:53:38 )

I'm not sure if I made a thread about it before, but I did tell a lot of you that I had to wear a heart monitor starting on the 8th of this month. Yesterday I was allowed to take it off and I got it shipped off to the medical company and they will tell me if there is anything up with my heart. I think my heart is ok, but I have some long covid things that make my heart act weird sometimes.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 02:21:00 )
@Totalanimefan:
Glad to hear you can finally remove it!

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 02:28:28 )
@Totalanimefan: That's awesome Taffy! I hope you get the answers you're looking for

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 02:30:59 )

@Vegan: Thank you. It was only for two weeks, but in the beginning my brain could not get used to having something suck to my chest. It was weird.
@Ruby: Thank you. Me too! And not surprises.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 02:36:58 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah I hope it's nothing super serious/bad ;3; best of luck

Also I know that was to Vegan but I know that feeling. I'm diabetic (type 1) and I used to have an insulin pump (when I was around 13/14), it sucked to drop it and it was weird to have something on me all the time. I ended up not using it because I had faulty equipment or it didn't like my body temp (I always run pretty hot and my pump would fill with large bubbles even when there was none going in. They even sent a brand rep to our house to watch us set it up and make sure we did it right. Spoiler alert: we did. They didn't have any answers.)
But yeah, I know the struggle lol

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 02:41:43 )
@Totalanimefan:
I wore an HRM for a few days before (a few times in my days) I got a rash.
Medical tape does not like me so often cause of the adhesives. ; w;'

I love you so much, that sucks so very much @Ruby: .

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 02:49:19 )
@Vegan: I love you too~
It's okay, I'm glad to not have it anymore, there were a lot of other personal problems I kept having with it and I chose to deal with just getting shots every day because it was actually less painful/stressful for me.
The part that sucked the most was that it cost us $4,000 and they wouldn't refund us even though I didn't have it all that long x.x

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 02:50:32 )

@Vegan: Oh yeah, my skin wasn't happy with it. It was only itchy sometimes for me, but when I took it off it was very painful, far more painful than I thought it would be. My skin was super red and raw. It's still that way today and I took it off yesterday.

@Ruby: Oh that's awful. Do you still need something like that today?

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 02:54:22 )
@Ruby:
Yea, I have seen how horrible medicine can get expensive quickly (I have a T2D father as you know).

@Totalanimefan:
For me? It was itchy within the first 2 hours of having it on, kept it on for 40 before snapping. I am so sorry you had such a strong reaction to the tape yourself and I hope you can get more answers about what is going on soon.

Sending you all the love TAF.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 03:00:41 )

@Vegan: Thank you. I'm sure it will heal in a few days.
I wonder when I will know? I feel like I might know in 3 days, or like 3 weeks.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 03:03:19 )
@Totalanimefan:
I remember using calamine lotion long time ago and having an antihistamine.
I also would highly suggest looking into hugging an ice pack where it hurts.
(Keep in mind though that a towel on ice pack or anything rough may irritate it).

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 03:03:32 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah I have to get shots everyday. I'm type 1, so I'm completely insulin dependent (all type 1's are) and it's lifelong.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 03:05:24 )
@Ruby:
And that is a scary thing too if you aren't sure when you'll be getting your next medicine.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 03:06:20 )

@Vegan: Thank you, those are great tips!

@Ruby: There is nothing they can do for you besides needles? That's awful. :(

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 03:10:49 )
@Totalanimefan:
No problem!

- Cold reduces inflammation and burning.
- Lotion reduces itching + inflammation.
- Antihistamines help reduce allergy symptoms.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 03:27:48 )
@Vegan: Yeah, it was never to the point of not having what I need, my insurance covers more than type 2's get because mine can't be reversed, like supplied aren't optional. NOT THAT THEY ARE OR SHOULD BE FOR ANYONE, but, that's how it's seen in the greedy insurance world >.>
But it still adds up.
I'm lucky right now to have insurance that covers a lot of it, but it's still expensive.
I used to have to pay $300 out of pocket for ONE vial of insulin, and that doesn't last me a whole month. And that was WITH the insurance I used to have. It was literally cheaper to pay for it out of pocket than to use that crappy insurance.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 03:30:23 )
@Totalanimefan: Nope, have to get insulin somehow unfortunately. So I get one bigger shot once a day as my base to keep me somewhat level, and then I have to get a shot anytime I'm going to eat unless my sugar is low. But, I have short needles (less than an inch, I forgot the exact gauge) and I'm pretty used to it. I've been diabetic 16, almost 17 years (Jan 2006, when I was 11)
I legit don't even remember what it's like to not have to test my sugar and get a shot before eating. To just feel hungry and eat and go about your day is so foreign to me xD

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 05:01:11 )
@Totalanimefan: Yay, I'm glad to hear you finally get to take it off! I'm sure it was annoying =(

@Vegan: I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one that HATES medical adhesive, I react to Band-Aid adhesive now, but I've had minimal luck with Nexcare bandages.

@Ruby: I remember someone in my class coming back from winter break with a T1D diagnosis, we were 8 years old. They had to take breaks from class to test their blood sugar and we were all told to save the honey packets from McDonald's lunches in case of emergencies. It was so scary for a bunch of kids =(
I'm sorry to hear you had such major issues with the insulin pump, and that really sucks that they wouldn't offer a refund for such an expensive machine when it didn't work for you =(
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 07:42:57 )
@Totalanimefan: congrats you get it removed. It must be annoying to wear it for so long
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/23 08:42:36 )
@Alchemists Fire: Aww I'm sorry :( that's scary for kids. I mean, I was a kid when it happened too but a little older than that.
I almost died too, I had to be in the ICU for a week. (I was sick but we thought I just had the flu, didn't realize it was diabetes until my back started to hurt really bad and went to the doctor. Got sent to the ICU right away x.x they said if we'd waited like 2 more days I wouldn't have made it. Super scary to think about. But now I make sure I don't get that bad again.)

I had to take a lot of time to figure out how to deal with school and stuff too. When I got out of the hospital and was a little more comfortable with it I went back half days with my mom there the whole time to help me test (I didn't need any shots at school due to the type of insulins I was on) but I had a hard time testing at first. And I went to a small school so it was totally fine to have her with me the whole time. Then, my second full day back by myself, I broke my wrist xD my mom was like "I just gave her back to you and you broke her." but not in a Karen way, just like a funny "really guys?! come on! lol" way. So yeah, then I had to test and get shots with a full arm cast up to my shoulder xD

It's been a pretty wild adventure xD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.