Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2022 ┤▒├ Collecting Dust bunnies

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 22:05:31 )
@sunny: aww... I'm sorry to hear you can't do any gardening right now- it sounds like you enjoy it. At least you have the raspberry and blackberry bushes though, right? ... And Yum! Both of those are delicious!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 22:17:17 )
    @Wildfire: they are delicious, I'm really hoping I get some decent fruits this year! Fingers crossed!
    It's ok, my current situation is only temporary. Hopefully I will move somewhere with a garden, otherwise I will have to look into indoor gardening etc.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 22:23:01 )
@koah: I hope your baby is feeling better! Covid sucked when we had it in Dec/Jan... I just had a bad case of the sniffles and loss of smell for a week but my SO was puking, fever, didn't want to move and just felt like crap. My son was the least affected, all he had was a headache and a small fever.

I suck so bad at gardening.... I have a bad habit of killing plants, lol. Best plant I ever had was a basket of flowers I got for mothers day from SO and my son... it sat outside on the front porch and all I did was water it once in awhile.

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 22:27:03 )
@Wildfire: my Boss the chef of the kitchen i work in has 2 children......2 and he told me that. It just makes me sad for his children tbh

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/5 23:16:44 )

Hello. I have had no time for the event lol.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 00:13:37 )
@sunny: do you usually do anything with the fruit? - make jams or anything? I don't know if I would have the patience required to collect enough for that .. Too tempting to just eat off the tree- lol!

@macsen191: gardening takes time and attention. I didn't have the time or the patience until recently...

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 00:15:43 )
    @Wildfire: I haven't had enough fruit from them yet for that. Last year was their first year and they barely produced a handful each :(. And I'm terrible in the kitchen lol but it is something I would like to try.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 00:17:08 )
@Miss Sandman: ... He's probably relying on somebody else to be the main caregiver, but you'd think he'd have a bit more understanding than he seems to. :(

@Another Movie Addict: hey AMA. Just in time!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 00:18:45 )
@sunny: lol! I feel ya. From what I understand as long as the bushes are taken care of they will keep producing more fruit as they age

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 00:38:58 )
    @Wildfire: yeah I'm hopeful! I also was thinking about getting a pear tree to add to my collection, but idk if I would be able to keep it alive/happy. Raspberries and blackberries mostly raise themselves....... Lol.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 04:44:07 )
@macsen191: Thank you for the well wishes.
We all got hit with stomach flu symptoms with this covid. Which made me think it wasn't covid. My whole house got the same symptoms. puking, head-stuffy stuff and just super tired and coughing/sneezing.
Baby is getting hit pretty hard. He's only 2 months old. :T His voice is out today and he's sleeping a lot, so I'm hoping that's a good sign of recovery. He's not as miserable as he has been the last 3 days.

We got hit with covid back in fall too. It's been a rough year. XD

@Wildfire: How have you been?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 04:45:01 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | Garnet | Drip Drop Fairy | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d’espoir | His Elegance | Her Graceful Snow | Snow Owl | Bird Handler | Winter Stroll | Wild Magic | WZRD | Under New Managment | Witchery | Raven Mage | Headless Rider |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Wildfire:
@star2000shadow: Yeah, I hear ya. Hopefully things will get better soon. Doing laundry is good. It's a necessary thing but it's one of those chores that can be oddly soothing...

@Anarchist Beauty: lol - I don't like posting on my phone either - it's just too much work!!
I am feeling better now, thank you. :3

could of been if someone didn't keep going in the laundry room and stopping my dryer. took me four hours instead of the normal three haha. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 05:51:23 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@Wildfire: glad you're feeling better! what kind of rest activities do you usually enjoy? do you have any favorite sick comfort foods?

thank you it's been good to see you too! i've been alright -- a lot has happened this past year lol, though mostly in positive ways! i was fortunate enough to be able to do some travel, make music, etc. i also gave notice at work recently :0
most recently am also recovering from some health stuff so have been trying to take it pretty easy :-)

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 06:29:49 )
@Wildfire: yes he really does though and yeah.... but i Was really wrong
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 12:55:44 )

Good morning everyone.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 14:22:20 )
@Koah: Oh, I've been ok, all in all. Other than whatever bug this was that I had the last few days. I've been doing the usual stuff around the house and with the family, trying to keep up with the garden, been trying to catch up with friends and a book club... and a friend dragged me in to her monthly craft fair/farmer's market scheme, so I've been trying to work on stuff for that (which is going slowly tbh), but I've been pretty good all in all.

@star2000shadow: oh jeeze... somebody randomly went in to the laundry room to stop the dryer? That seems a little odd...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 14:24:02 )

I went to a convention Saturday, and it was a lot of fun. o.o

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 14:28:23 )
@xvz: Thank you.
Sick comfort foods? ... it really depends on what I'm feeling like, tbh. This time around I didn't really want to eat much (just no appetite) and then wanted hard-boiled egg sandwiches when I started feeling better. Off-the-shelf canned chicken soup tasted horrible when I tried some of that (I don't usually eat it though and I had zero energy, etc. to make my own like I usually do when the guys are sick).
It sounds like you've had a busy year, but mostly for the better :3 I'm glad! Do you have another job lined up, if you put in notice for your current one? And I hope whatever health issues you're dealing with aren't too bad...

@Miss Sandman: well, maybe he has different priorities or a different perspective about that stuff - maybe, to him, a broken arm doesn't require a parent hanging around? Or maybe he takes his partner/care-giver a bit for granted, not really understanding what it means to be an actively involved parent? /shrug/ I don't know... but at the end of the day, you need to make decisions that are right for you and your family, and you shouldn't really have to explain it to anyone, imo

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 14:29:16 )
@Another Movie Addict: good morning AMA. How are you?
... a convention, huh? Is this the smaller one you were telling me about or a different one?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/6 14:30:36 )

@Wildfire: It's a different one than the one I went to in March. It's a roughly the same size, maybe a bit bigger. >w<

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.