Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/10 14:35:48 )
@MoodyB: Thanks. If you're not sure what you're doing with a drawing, it usually means it's time to either do something drastic with it (and probably a little weird or experimental) or to put it aside for a while. Or at least that seems to be the case for me. What did you decide to do with it?

Good morning. It looks like a very pretty day outside, here... but I woke up late after being randomly awake for a couple hours in the middle of the night last night, and I need some caffeine before anything else.

What are your plans for today?

Random Question ------------------> If you could go in to outer space (just our atmosphere - I'm not talking about Star Trek type of things here), would you?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/10 18:02:07 )
@Wildfire: I don't have any plans of getting another roommate in the upstairs space. I might transfer my downstairs roommate upstairs, but he'll have to pay slightly more for the bigger space and privacy. Which would give us the downstairs to ourselves again.
My house is best described as A House on top of a house. lol.
I'm glad your kids get along with their half brother. <3
All of my siblings are half. I have two step brothers but, we're distant. We get along but so-so.
Good Morning. :d
I got sick kids this morning and am hoping Baby won't be hit too hard.

I like your avi today! :D

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/10 18:42:20 )
@Koah: lol. It definitely sounds like you have an interesting house layout, in addition to the interesting people dynamics!

I'm sorry to hear about the sick kids. That's never any fun. :( Hopefully nobody will be too badly affected- especially that little one of yours!

Yeah, it's interesting to see all the boys together. It makes for some very interesting conversations and joking around! Now. It wasn't always like that though. I don't talk to any of my "siblings" (one full brother and two step sisters) - they're all complete narcissistic assholes. :/

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/10 21:34:51 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: I'll probably experiment with it as i am trying a few new things
with this piece just in the sketch alone.
just not all that sure what i want to do with it yet. Original idea is to paint clouds.
so maybe once it's painted background wise i'll figure something out lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 13:53:13 )
@MoodyB: that sounds like a good thing to do, approach-wise. So are you just experimenting some more, or trying to accomplish something specific with your trying new things. And why clouds? They can be tough...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 14:00:40 )
good morning everyone.
How are you doing today?
What are you doing today?

I should clean the house up some, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen - a couple of friends and I are going to go visit another friend who we don't get to see too often. The house will still be dirty tomorrow XD And I have a few more seeds to plant in the garden, to get it ready for FL summer... which should start in earnest about any day now (although I have to say, the weather has been quite nice recently - hot, to be sure, but not "FL hot" and not overly humid for the most part), but the seeds are soaking and I should be able to get them planted tomorrow.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 17:15:04 )
@Wildfire: Sounds like you have a good day ahead of you. :3

I didn't get sleep last night. Baby decided that's when he should cry. My daughter is still sick with a minor cold. I just keep watching her rub her nose and then touch stuff. Normally that doesn't phase me a whole lot. Germs are germs.
Now I'm just waiting for my older son to get sick. XD then my husband and then me. Per usual.
I'm just finishing this month's finances today and sorting the stack of mail that I haven't touched since I left the household over a month ago.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/11 20:45:35 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: at this point im just trying to paint. lol since I'm tired of my simplistic style.

just figured clouds because I don't know how to paint them. and want to improve. this piece is mostly to improve certain aspects of my art.
I don't know how to paint 90% of things
and nothing else really makes sense with this piece also.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/12 13:14:59 )
@Koah: yeah, that's the typical pattern, it seems. Kid gets something because it's a new bug for them...shares it around a bit... mom gets it last because she's eventually worn out from caring for everyone else XD I'm glad it's just a minor cold, but still, being sick isn't any fun and I wish you all the best of luck dealing with it.

It was nice to see my friends, and to help the one out a bit with stuff she can't really do at this point (she's dealing with breast cancer). We don't see her nearly often enough. And, because this is where my youngest has been spending a lot of his time, helping out with their farm, I got to see him a little bit too. So that was a nice bonus.

Today... well, we'll see whether or not I get in the garden. It's 8am here now but I'm tired. I got a second wind after coming home after visiting with people and was up too late, then woke up earlier than usual, so I only got about 4 hours of sleep. Although sometimes that's a functional amount of sleep for me, I'm not feeling it today so far. I'm already on my 2nd cup of coffee and am wondering if I shouldn't just go back to bed and get more sleep. :/

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/12 13:20:54 )
@MoodyB: lol. Ok. So, define "paint" for me...? Are you trying to break out of the anime/manga idea, or are you trying to work on backgrounds for your figures, or are you trying to go a more traditional route or style?

A piece doesn't have to make sense for it to be a good experience or process. A piece also doesn't need to turn out to be much of anything (something "finished") for it to be worthwhile. I'm glad you're experimenting and trying to broaden your horizons. :3

Good morning everyone How are you?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/12 15:31:51 )

◦✹ Good morning~
*sips coffee* ✹◦

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/12 18:03:05 )
@Purpsy: good afternoon. I hope you had a good morning. I disappeared to the garden and was more productive than I was expecting...

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/12 21:22:32 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: i can only do simple backgrounds. so i am trying to get better at painting environments so my art feels more complete.
i can draw clouds and that is about it.
just comes out very basic and my brain needs more of a challenge.

I know it doesn't have to make sense. But since it's art f my OC I'm trying to make it make sense with her and her overall storyline. kinda like story telling with art.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/13 13:53:52 )
@MoodyB: Yup - I get it and it's awesome that you're thinking like that and trying to improve your abilities with specific areas of your pieces and specific types of things to build that entire storyline :3 How's it going? Are you happy with your progress so far?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/13 13:59:47 )
.......................... and Good Morning, everyone.

How are you today so far? Are you ready for the weekend? Do you have anything fun or interesting planned?

I have a couple errands to run today and some cleaning up of the house to do. I'll check on the garden, of course, and maybe do some laundry today as well. Tomorrow, I'm supposed to meet up with one friend to collaborate on a creative project and then we were invited to a graduation party for some other friends' newly-minted young adult. I'm not entirely sure what Sunday has in store yet. I'll probably collapse on the couch or in a hammock outside if it's not completely humid and hot - LOL! XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/13 15:26:32 )

◦✹ @Wildfire: Well it was a good day yesterday for being unproductive xD
Idk how... but once you read several books on wattpad I ended up super into it the rest of the day... fell a sleep fairly late for it too x.x

How's your garden coming along? :3
Honestly is been so nice and warm lately I've been drawing flowers on my spare time this week. ✹◦

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/13 22:17:44 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: Yeah! When i experiment with new things i tend to use a specific OC.
just so i don't get overwhelmed.

I do like it so far.
I'm trying to do better with my lighting so the progress i think is going well.
the clouds in the BG won't stay like that. I just used a smoke texture brush just to figure out the palette.
[OC Art]

I started going in with paingint clouds with a hard brush so will be just kinda sorting out
the clouds and the sky peaking through. I didn't want the clouds super detailed but look good within my art style.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/15 14:31:48 )
@Purpsy: I'm glad you've been able to rest, relax and do some fun drawings of flowers. There's something very relaxing about flower drawings, imo :3

@MoodyB: oh, that's cute! :3 It's very light and airy and it's definitely building a story through your illustration

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/15 14:36:40 )
<----------- mine. Yes, it feels like one of those days today so far for some unknown reason. I was quite busy yesterday, but not that busy... yet I feel slightly run over by a truck!

For you guys ------------>

What are your plans for the day today?
I need to spend a little time in the garden - I'm sure it needs a good watering, especially the areas I planted seeds recently. I have a book to find and download for book club (that meets in about a week and a half - lol), laundry to do, cooking to do, I really should vacuum too... and I'm stopping there before the list gets too long and I end up crawling back in to bed instead of doing any of it! XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 05:07:25 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: its slowly coming together lol.
But i am happy with it. just need to flesh out the clouds in my style and attempt hair.
so far, hair is my biggest issue when it comes to digital painting lol.
since there are so many ways to paint it.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.