Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 19:06:33 )
@Another Movie Addict: That's funny -but good- AMA! Do you think you'll do something like that again??

@Purpsy: LOVE IT! It's such a "typically cheap" mechanical pencil! <3 That button on the bottom sounds a little weird though :3

@Koah: Well, at least the overall progress is forward, right? <3
I bet two weeks at the hospital, watching and worrying over the new one, would be absolutely exhausting! I'm sure it'll be good to be home and get doggie loves, etc. for a little while. Is hubby staying at the hospital in your stead, or is baby stable enough that you feel comfortable enough having both of you at home for the night?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 19:07:22 )

@Wildfire: Yeah actually I do think I'll do something like this again.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 19:08:46 )
Oh fun, AMA! <3 So other than your thing, what else did you do? How else did the rest of the Con go?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 19:11:42 )
@Wildfire: babe is definitely stable enough i don't need to worry as much. Husband is back to work today and he's spent most of the time at our house since I checked into a charity house next to the hospital.
Going home for a night will, hopefully, be refreshing.
I do miss my doggos and my own space.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 19:14:02 )
@Koah: Oh good - I'm glad he's doing that well and I really hope that a night home is refreshing and rejuvenating for you - you definitely deserve at least one night of that! <3 :3

...omg, what IS this music that has come on, Amazon?? gah!!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 19:25:10 )

@Wildfire: There were a lot of ups and downs this weekend. Like Saturday night the place we went to eat didn't know about the convention, and ran out of everything but breakfast and then screwed up our orders anyway. Gave us sass about it.
The cosplay contest was cool. Mostly we walked around in suit and shopped in the dealers den on Saturday. I spent a lot of time getting the last minute details finished for my panel. Sunday was much better. We did a murder mystery after photos of me in my blue lobster kigu. The murder mystery was a lot more fun for me this year than the last time I did it at this con. Though I figured out who the killers were almost instantly. Went to dinner at a Japanese sushi bar and grill. The food was absolutely amazing omg. Then after that we went to the after party. My voice still hurts from that.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 19:35:32 )
@Another Movie Addict: It sounds like you had a pretty amazing time, tbh.. but the restaurant gave you guys sh*t for their running out of things and screwing up your orders? Eeeesh!! :(

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 19:37:37 )

@Wildfire: Oh yeah it was awful. Never going to eat there again.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 19:39:10 )
Yeah, that sounds horrendous, actually.
But the sushi place sounds amazing... and the after party...

Did you buy anything particularly fun from the vendors?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 19:43:01 )

I spent more than I should have on a Jack Skellington figure. It was from the original release of the movie and is awesome. Bought a home-made rice heating pad shaped as a sting-ray (or sea flap flap if you will). Got it from a friend. I traded one of my kigus for a plushie. Got some stickers. And the best is a certificate of success with an actual wax seal. I made it out to my friend's name, as DM, for bad pronounceability. Can't wait to give it to him.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 19:50:07 )
ROFL - that certificate sounds awesome - especially for your DM and group!
It sounds like you did well and it definitely sounds like you had fun! When's the next Con?? XD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 20:03:52 )

June I think. So that one is a while away, and after that August.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/28 21:03:35 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: hopefully. last job was terrible. fedex does not treat their employees good at all.
at least not his branch.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/29 00:05:36 )
@Another Movie Addict: You have a little bit of a wait... but I'm sure it will go by quickly :3

@Kory: It sounds like you're just at that breaking point. For whatever it's worth, I think you should persevere if you can :3 Maybe take a couple of months completely "off" to give yourself a break and to re-evaluate what you want, but you seem like you're really close to breaking through... although there's really no real way of knowing... :/

@MoodyB: well, hopefully he'll have some experience to add to whatever he does next and hopefully that will work out better for him (for you all)!!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/29 00:14:41 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: he has experience in doing driving jobs
but it all depends on them if they want full or part time. seems in my town no one is looking for part time.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/29 05:49:33 )
i have not been able to fucking sleep. any time i do go to sleep, it needs to be day.
mother of fuck
please ping me for the love of god.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/29 12:23:36 )
Wildfire:
I am SO sorry I didn't reply sooner.

I don't recall what I ate that day, probably was takeout. xD; (I am hopeful to cut that habit down or out).
It's nice you were able to see some friends! That's always comforting for me, even being introverted.
(I haven't been able to see my friends from USA because, well, lockdown, obviously, which makes me sad).

That sounds like so much fun (going to beach or park with a hammock+book+sketchbook).
Meditation is very nice, especially if you feel safe enough in your environment (either in nature or bedroom).

I feel you also on only being able to do so much or some stuff if it will work or not is never fun.
We had a few hot days here recently and today? I am able to keep living room open as it's nice and cool.

With April now coming up, I am super excited to start cooking my food from home. Got some new non-stick pans! :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/29 13:13:06 )
@MoodyB: Still, I hope he finds something that will work for him ... and for the rest of you :3

@Feral: Awww :( That sucks. I'm sorry. It can be a rough pattern to break too, but I hope you can break it and get back to sleeping regularly :3

@Vegan: Don't worry about the delayed reply. It happens. :3 Yes, all the lockdowns, etc. have had a devastating effect on our ability to be the social beings we are (regardless of how introverted or extroverted any of us might be). I hope you get a chance to visit with friends iRL soon. What do you usually cook? ... and why can you suddenly start cooking now instead of previously (I'm so confused! LOL!)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/29 13:14:38 )

Good morning. What is going on in your world on this lovely Tuesday?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/29 13:52:39 )

Morning. I've got work today, after a three day weekend.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.