Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 16:56:48 )

@Lilykin: I love Mint tea! On it's own there is no caffeine. Moroccan Mint is green tea with mint. So that would be able to help you.

@Alorrena: I'll send you the trade. Are you sure that's all you want?
Thanks, it was. I was never really on that site, so I couldn't remember which one it was. I always think it's sad when a site dies. I hope that here can be your new home <3

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 17:40:24 )

@Totalanimefan: I used to really love the mint green tea but lately it's been causing acid reflux. So I have to be careful. I do want to be more adventurous with tea tho

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 18:01:21 )

@Lilykin: That's too bad cause it's food. I love a lot of different teas. Do you know what other flavors you might want to try? Things with caffeine, caffeine-free?

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 19:19:52 )

@Totalanimefan: I've been pretty happy with the ones with lemon, honey, or vanilla. I like most of the fruity teas. The cinnamon, ginger, chai types have been hit or miss.

I sugar the hell out of my teas tho lol. I've tried a few caffeinated teas and I really can't tell the difference.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 19:23:11 )

@Lilykin: Try a little bit less sugar, slowly over time. I find that for fruit teas I don't need much sugar unless it has Hibiscus in it. But other people like the strong taste of Hibiscus and cause of that, they don't sugar that type of teal lol. I guess you just gotta try different things. Do you like honey in your tea? I only do in some teas.

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 19:33:41 )

@Totalanimefan: I do sugar the fruit teas less. But I'm afraid the sun tea runs strong in veins. I can reduce to probably a little sweeter than the average person likes, but I grew up drinking tea that was essentially syrup lmao.

I do like honey lemon or honey chamomile tho!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 19:36:27 )

@Totalanimefan: yes, I found one and made contact just waiting to hear back! If I don’t hear from them today I’ll just call tomorrow when I know they will be in office!

@DreamerZ: I’m doing well today~ some of these orb items are so cute I wonder if I can find them all I’m not able to donate anymore this month ;c

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 19:45:37 )

@Lilykin: I, too, grew up in the south. I still love sweet tea and/or sun tea. But over the years (mostly from working at a tea shop) I learned about all different kinds of tea and some of the really nice tea-tasting teas you don't want anything else with it. But then again, that's not the kind that you would buy from the store. Sometimes I add actual lemon juice, or made half tea half lemonade, but then I don't sweeten the tea. It's good like that during the summer.
But also I'm not judging, you just seemed like you also wanted to try teas with less sweetness cause of the reflux?

@Bonnie: Ok great, and know that a therapist should be a good match for you, so if you don't care for them or feel like they are too judgy or something like that you don't have to see them and you can go to someone else. ^^

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 19:47:16 )

@Totalanimefan: yes! I honestly wish that my insurance had more information on their website. it doesn't collect any demographic data even though it has the capability. i'd prefer to see a woman of color therapist but i'm going to try this one first and see what is going to happen....if not i'll do some more digging and see if another one would take my insurance

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 19:59:46 )

@Bonnie: I would totally recommend someone from the same background as you. Although my therapist was older and Jewish, but we were both women and both had experience of a world inside and outside the US.
I think that you can ask if they take your insurance instead of just going through the insurance company's website, but also it's a pain to ask, and what if your insurance says no anyway? It's just a whole thing. Ugh. Mine wasn't fully covered, but after the first $300 spent on sessions in a year I think they covered like 90% of a visit.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 20:26:17 )

@Totalanimefan: yes we will see. i just hope it is all goood~ but you just never know

bloop

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 21:09:17 )

@Totalanimefan: I think it's just the green tea. I haven't had a problem with any of the others, sugared or no. I may try a different brand in the future and see if that helps. I love half and half, especially Arizona's brand. I'll pick it up by the jug sometimes.

Ideally I'm someone that drinks sophisticated drinks. Realistically I know I'm someone that's happy with koolaid and wine coolers lmao.

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 21:16:25 )

I might get to hang out with an online friend irl for the first time this weekend 😮

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 00:08:04 )
@Lilykin: hm, if all else fails, i can probably see about porting some of the items to trisphee. i've been meaning to do that with fer.al.
please ping me for the love of god.

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 02:28:38 )
@Totalanimefan: Raining here quite lol it's fine bc i love rain.

@Bonnie: aw.. if i could i'd get it for ya. Also I hope the therapist thing goes well.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 04:38:07 )

@totalanimefan: so far i'm struggling with feeling comfortable enough to just jump into conversations or threads or anything, but i'm working on getting past my intrusive thoughts and mental block on that, but you definitely help make me feel welcome and comfortable! <3

i'm not sure, no. but i have a hard time asking for things to begin with, so that was already a big step for me. Also i have a piss poor memory so i forget what things i want. like eventually, i guess, i want everything in every color because options, but right now, i think i'm okay with just the hair. <3

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 04:50:57 )
@Alorrena: she had that same effect on me lol Sometimes ya gotta take deep breath n go for it

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 05:13:41 )
@DreamerZ: You're not wrong! She's pretty great! <3
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 13:20:03 )
@Totalanimefan: Definitely sounds like it then. I want to get a custom ball, I should get it one of these days when I'm not so broke lol.

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 14:45:06 )

Good mornin' all

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.